Under eye fat grafts durability

Mastermind

Mastermind

Kraken
Do under eye fat grafts sag and melt overtime because of the added weight, just like fillers do?

If so, are they still better than fillers?

Are they a good temporary solution to orbital rim implants noneless?

• +1
Reactions: Alexanderr
I don’t think so, that being said, I do believe infraorbital rim implants to be the better alternative.

• +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing, Mastermind and Rich/Jewish_Gooner$
I don’t think so, that being said, I do believe infraorbital rim implants to be the better alternative.

Of course, a full scale 3D printed midface implant is what I'm going for.
Do you think fat grafts are better than fillers for 5 years max. durability however?

• +1
Of course, a full scale 3D printed midface implant is what I'm going for.
Do you think fat grafts are better than fillers for 5 years max. durability however?
Well, I wouldn’t say so.

The reason behind my notion being it has lots of downsides. Fat grafts have a respiration rate of about 50%, so you’re only left with about half the fat that was grafted.

Fat grafts, much like fillers, can migrate to other regions of race once injected, granted, this usually only tends to happen in the first few weeks following the procedure, but it happens nonetheless. This could further diminish he amount of fat visible in the desired area.

Additionally, you need to carry a decent amount of fat for the procedure but this shouldn’t be of too much concern if you’re only planning on getting fat grafts in your under eye area or if you’re already fat before hand.

Lastly, if or when losing bodyfat, there’s a chance your results could become significantly less noticeable since you’re just injecting fat cells from one part of your body to another, after all. So that should be taken into consideration as well.

• +1
Reactions: Mastermind
Well, I wouldn’t say so.

The reason behind my notion being it has lots of downsides. Fat grafts have a respiration rate of about 50%, so you’re only left with about half the fat that was grafted.

Fat grafts, much like fillers, can migrate to other regions of race once injected, granted, this usually only tends to happen in the first few weeks following the procedure, but it happens nonetheless. This could further diminish he amount of fat visible in the desired area.

Additionally, you need to carry a decent amount of fat for the procedure but this shouldn’t be of too much concern if you’re only planning on getting fat grafts in your under eye area or if you’re already fat before hand.

Lastly, if or when losing bodyfat, there’s a chance your results could become significantly less noticeable since you’re just injecting fat cells from one part of your body to another, after all. So that should be taken into consideration as well.
Thanks, very explicative

• +1