Undereye filler vs fat graft (tear trough)

ifyouwannabemylover

ifyouwannabemylover

Ascended
I plan on getting tear trough fillers until I got money left for a fat graft.

Is there a noticable difference between the two in terms of result, assuming you add volume in the same manner for both procedures? Like can I go from filler to fat graft without having people go wtf you look different, or something?

@RealSurgerymax
@Sergio-OMS

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: angelo
Fat graphts in the eye area region are risky I think

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9568
  • +1
Reactions: ifyouwannabemylover and Jason Voorhees
Bone mass is ideal tho, and fillers gotta be redone and can migrate

• +1
Reactions: pizza
nearly every doctor says "fat graft is unstable/not reliable" but they don't say why. i mean, wtf ?
I think they say that because they can't do it or want to milk more money from fillers

fat grafts give good permanent results if done right from what I've read, you might just need 1-2 touch ups after the first procedure because apparently some of the fat dissolves

I think they say that because they can't do it or want to milk more money from fillers

fat grafts give good permanent results if done right from what I've read, you might just need 1-2 touch ups after the first procedure because apparently some of the fat dissolves
Personally I'd get fat grafts but im scared of reabsorbtion bcas its said to be inevitable
6k could be down the drain

Personally I'd get fat grafts but im scared of reabsorbtion bcas its said to be inevitable
according to what I've read, a portion of the fat gets reabsorpted but most of it stays in place as other fat would

but you can't find lots of good info on it tbh

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10042

No not really it's fat after all and fat is indeed unstable and doesn't stay where it is meant to be for long

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10042
No not really it's fat after all and fat is indeed unstable and doesn't stay where it is meant to be for long
So 6-10k would be wasted isnt It?

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees
post sources brah

if fat is unstable then why do people get lipo to suck away fat that's been in the same places for fuking forever

So 6-10k would be wasted isnt It?
I don't think so

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Acromegaly_Chad and Deleted member 10042
post sources brah

if fat is unstable then why do people get lipo to suck away fat that's been in the same places for fuking forever

I don't think so
I am basing this on anecdotes

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: RoyaleWithCheese, Acromegaly_Chad, .👽. and 1 other person
Bone mass is ideal tho, and fillers gotta be redone and can migrate
Not sure for lower eyelid but for upper eyelid soft tissue is extremely important. You can have an amazing browbone but still lots of UEE if you have no fat there.

• +1
Reactions: RoyaleWithCheese
according to what I've read, a portion of the fat gets reabsorpted but most of it stays in place as other fat would

but you can't find lots of good info on it tbh
My local oculoplastic surgeon offered fat grafts but for uee and mentioned maybe needing a touch up after 3 months cause some (but not all) of the fat is absorbed. I never asked for under eye

• +1
Reactions: ifyouwannabemylover
My local oculoplastic surgeon offered fat grafts but for uee and mentioned maybe needing a touch up after 3 months cause some (but not all) of the fat is absorbed. I never asked for under eye
yeah that's what I've read too

Do you think you’d be satisfied with fat grafts/filler versus going all in for OD?

No fat for your bones

Not sure for lower eyelid but for upper eyelid soft tissue is extremely important. You can have an amazing browbone but still lots of UEE if you have no fat there.
Me, what do you suggest?

Get infraorbital implants???

Depends on your dark circles. Filler doesn’t really do anything for darkness around the eyes, only helps hollowness. Fat transfer helps more with that issue.

• +1
Reactions: TrestIsBest
Depends on your dark circles. Filler doesn’t really do anything for darkness around the eyes, only helps hollowness. Fat transfer helps more with that issue.
hollowness causes darkness (as in blue/reddish coloring, not dark pigmentation) if I'm not mistaken

• +1
Reactions: TrestIsBest
hollowness causes darkness (as in blue/reddish coloring, not dark pigmentation) if I'm not mistaken
What causes dark pigmentation? Filler helped with volume and made the thin skin under my eyes thicker but the area is still dark.

What causes dark pigmentation? Filler helped with volume and made the thin skin under my eyes thicker but the area is still dark.
depends if it's darkness from melanin (usually in ethnics) or darkness from blood shining through the skin

for the former apparently vitamin c helps, for the latter idk tbh