Unintended downsides of bimax

neithernorwood

neithernorwood

Iron
Bimax is often discussed here as panacea for incel face -- as the best option given accommodating doctors and sufficient $$.

In this post I am evaluating unintended side effects of bimax. Assuming no complications with surgery or anything, intuitively the following bad things seem possible. Please correct if I'm wrong or add things I missed.

(1) Nose tip can become overprojected because the upper jaw moves forward. Imagine the same effect as below, but if you are starting with a ski jump nose instead of the opposite. Moving the upper jaw forward => an even more projected tip.

from https://looksmax.org/threads/the-cause-for-most-rhinoplasties-is-recessed-maxilla.286531/

(2) Homer Simpson mouth -- protruding philtrum. If both the lower jaw and the le fort 1 area of the jaw are brought forward but the le fort 2 are is not brought forward, this may result in protruding mouth. Discussed here:

"According to Gunson, a chimplike profile usually occurs where the vector of maxillary advancement is happening above the vermillion of the lip. This is why CCW or simply concurrent downgrafting helps mitigate it. This will create a profile with excess philtrum fullness. This is different from someone who gets a 'chimplike' profile from simple over advancement. Over advancement leads to the mouth area in general becoming too heavy for the face, as a LF1 moves only the lower portion of the maxilla in isolation. Philtrum fullness is worse. Obviously both at the same time creates an additive effect. The 'heavy mouth' look is difficult to tackle even with concurrent advancement of the orbito-zygomatic complex because the frontal process of the maxilla is left behind."

" I guess I just always assumed that a normal lefor 1 would give me the projection of the midface I always hoped for but I guess I was misinformed. My surgeon had actually posed doing a 3 piece lefort but he said he risks weren't worth the reward and the only reason he has wanted to do it I totally was because the teeth weren't leveled. So I guess I got my flat cheeks genetically and I don't know if it's worth trying to fix it unfortunately."

"The way you avoid the chimp lip is by advancing the nasal base."

"Conclusion, if you want an anteface from surgery, be prepared to look like Willem Dafoe after."

A Korean surgery to fix protruded mouth.

Seems possible? What else?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13301, Gaia262, Pumanator and 6 others
Both would Help me a Lot ngl

What if you have one side where your maxilla is SLIGHTLY recessed and that side of your nose also hooked?

As that's the case with me. Ever so slightly on the right side with both maxilla and as a consequence nose.

Can I get bimax for one side? Lmao and/or will MSE solve this as my palate is narrower on the right side.

bimax is good for people with slightly hooked noses

people with ski slope noses with recessed maxillas do not exist lol

chimp face is real concern, but I would rather get chimp face and then have an excuse to justify modified lefort 3 lol

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914 and Pumanator
>What if you have one side where your maxilla is SLIGHTLY recessed and that side of your nose also hooked?

idk but i think this sort of asymmetry can be taken into account by surgeons. most ppl probably have idiosyncrasies like this that are built into surgical plan. just speculating

>people with ski slope noses with recessed maxillas do not exist lol

does that count?

(1) Nose tip can become overprojected because the upper jaw moves forward. Imagine the same effect as below, but if you are starting with a ski jump nose instead of the opposite. Moving the upper jaw forward => an even more projected tip.

View attachment 1054761
Fucking lifefuel tbh my nose is hooked Like on some jew

IT would help me big time ngl

Good thread

• +1
Reactions: neithernorwood and Deleted member 13301
Good thread for someone who is getting a bimax in a year. I am wondering that Asian female that changed alot, did she get a high lefort 1, lefort 2 or another type of surgery?

• +1
Reactions: mewcoper, Yerico7, neithernorwood and 1 other person
bimax is good for people with slightly hooked noses

people with ski slope noses with recessed maxillas do not exist lol

chimp face is real concern, but I would rather get chimp face and then have an excuse to justify modified lefort 3 lol

Chimp face only exists without there being a rotation

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16264 and joseph