Uniqueness & Attractiveness - why some men can "pull off" certain styles, and others can't.

BucketCrab

BucketCrab

If you can't climb out, drag others down.
Introduction

There are some things that make some men unique, striking and memorable, while looking out of place and "tryhard" on other men.
You will find out that the only real difference between the former and the latter is their attractiveness.

Attractive men get away with certain styles because vanity is "justified", in their case.
Society in general, and women in particular, frown at men who attempt to escape their pre-assigned role; there is a subconscious level in human psyche that automatically sees all men as "Worker Bees", and attempts to force them into this role.

1. Worker bee men

Worker Bee men are meant to be the building block of society. These men are:
  • Trustworthy (Rebels can be inspiring figures in the right context, but we can't all be rebels all the time).
  • Selfless (They must sacrifice themselves for their family, their country, their religion).
  • Productive (Ultimately, we need them to be active and create wealth).
Those 3 points are supposed to be the things men strive to be; it's not a coincidence that the modern idea of Virility and Manliness is often related to these concepts: be a provider, don't concern yourself with your appearance, be clean-cut and respectable. Enjoy working and providing, it is your duty as a MAN.
Ultimately, though, these traits are meant to turn you into what 90% of men throughout human history have been:
  • Silent slaves who work for the elites.
  • Expendable soldiers to be sent to die.
  • Mindless drones following the will of the powerful.
This concept of manliness is often distorted to perform a particularly insidious form of societal blackmail; if you align with these ideals, society would technically somehow grant you a female partner to continue your bloodline. Never mind that woman will have to be either:
  • Coerced into marrying you, either by their parents (arranged marriage) or circumstance (she can't work to support herself) <- This was true in the past centuries.
  • Settling down with a provider she isn't attracted to, after spending her best years with men she found attractive. <- This is true today.
2. Attractive men

These rules do not FULLY apply to truly attractive men. They are, still subconsciously, seen as a different breed, especially by women. Now, many bluepilled men will still live under the delusion that all men's attractiveness is judged by how good of a provider they are, or how alpha they act, or whatever redpill seduction coaches sell them. Which is why you will still see men making fun of attractive men for not conforming to societal rules or being vain or being concerned with their appearance (jealousy and denial of homosexual tendencies also play a part in this, but this is not the place to discuss that).
The same line of reasoning, however, does not apply to women.

Therefore, when a Worker Bee man attempts an unconventional style, society/women automatically frown upon it: they perceive the Worker Bee man as deviating from the tenets that make him a good little expendable slave. He's trying to break out of the role he was assigned and that everyone needs him to be in order to grant society the maximum benefit. This game of high-tier men having all the women they want, of women being able to enjoy modern life without working shit jobs, can ONLY WORK if Worker Bee Men accept their role, and are happy about their role.

Attractive men are not forced into the same box, therefore they are free to be a little more daring with their style. This is why you often hear things such as "long hair only looks good on men that are already good looking". No shit, because you have to be good looking to differentiate yourself from the mass in a good way. If you are not good looking, and do something like grow your hair out, or wear jewellery, or do any other unconvential thing, people simply won't like it, and the line of reasoning behind that is:

Look at this guy, he's clearly not attractive enough to be so concerned about his looks. He should just give up and focus on being a good worker bee. It would be a waste of resources for our society to have him be anything but that. It makes me angry he is not meekly accepting his role, so I will try to subtly coerce him back into it.
This also applies to all looksmaxxes that are related to vanity, or femininity; that's why it's considered ridiculous if an unattractive men plucks their eyebrows. The only exception to this rule is if the looksmax also brings some kind of practical benefit beyond looking good, i.e. going to the gym. But even then, have you ever noticed how normies start frowning upon going to the gym when ugly men go to the gym to achieve an aesthetically attractive physique?

This ties in with how people are automatically against cosmetic surgery: STOP TRYING TO CHEAT NATURE, WORKER BEE!
The idea is always that, if you're not genetically attractive, you should just kind of give up and dedicate your entire existence to being an asexual, hyper-practical drone.

Conclusion

In insect societies such as anthills and beehives, all animals have a role pre-assigned at birth, a genetic destiny that they cannot escape.
Sadly, human society isn't much different.

The 80/20 rule regarding women's preference for the top20% of men while disregarding the bottom 80% is just this: this 80% is worker bees that are meant to work, not reproduce.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: Prince88, normie_joe, Bliss and 25 others
if you're ugly and try to dress a certain way, people will view that as a free pass to mock your appearance. if you're unattractive then you have to fly under the radar.

you see the same effect with fat women who get mocked for dressing a certain way whilst being hambeasts when it would be totally fine and good if they were thin.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: batteryfresh, Deleted member 18582, GalacticHero and 9 others
you expect me to read this or what?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Allornothing, normie_joe, CaptainCalicoe and 2 others
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :feelswhy:

read every word

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: BucketCrab and Geoff2024
In insect societies such as anthills and beehives, all animals have a role pre-assigned at birth, a genetic destiny that they cannot escape.
What is this? An enem essay?

Its all about your coloring and your contrast lol

didnotread tldr GIF by FirstAndMonday

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 20370 and Deleted member 15827
BOTB Worthy.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: highT and BucketCrab
I honestly thought this was written by a fellow graycel. Decent thread tbh

One of the most high IQ threads I have seen on this site about this phenomena. Unfortunately most users here will lack the intellectual capability to understand this. World is binary, you either have it or you don't. 90% of men just don't, brutal.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: highT, Paroxysm, copemaxxeer and 3 others
What PSL do you think you need to get out of worker bee view? 5PSL and up I'd say

What PSL do you think you need to get out of worker bee view? 5PSL and up I'd say
Yes, 5+ PSL sounds sensible. Although at 5PSL you're just barely out of it, and you risk tumbling back down at the first major looksmin coming your way (aging, balding, weight gain/loss).
6+ PSL is where you're truly perceived as a different species.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Xangsane, Sigmamale, Yerico7 and 3 others
tbh 6 psl i feel is where people definitely dont give a fuck. Ive not seen a single person here except for maybe salludon who could get away with doing abnormal shit like dressing flamboyantly

tbh 6 psl i feel is where people definitely dont give a fuck. Ive not seen a single person here except for maybe salludon who could get away with doing abnormal shit like dressing flamboyantly
I think there’s limits for everybody
A bit above average is all you need to dress however you want in my experience (within reason obviously)

I know a girl who, when I was fat, would always try to tell me what to do and what not to do when it comes to styling. Now that I’m lean she tells me to do anything I want, because, “when you’re skinny everything is just fashion now” (notice she mistakenly applies it to just being skinny, on a subconscious level I’m sure she’s aware that a michael cera lookin fucker couldn’t wear anything and have it be “fashion,” but she’s definitely not consciously aware of it when it’s not directly in her face)

But i mean obviously even chad is gonna have a bit of trouble making something like idk.. full on clown gear sexy

I want to read all of it but my ADD is being an obstacle rn so I will read later.

• JFL
Reactions: Erik-Jón
I want to read all of it but my ADD is being an obstacle rn so I will read later.
Same with me lmao no pictures even where am I supposed to get my dopamine

• JFL
Reactions: copemaxxeer
Bro this is depressing ngl, such a clear and concise message you are sending here...

The concept of masculinity as the ultimate virtue was always a fucking lie.

:feelswhy:

Last edited:
Bro this is depressing ngl, such a clear and concise message you are sending here...

The concept of masculinity as the ultimate virtue was always a fucking lie.

:feelswhy:
I'd argue there are many forms of masculinity. As with many human concepts, it can be changed and warped to suit one's needs better, but that does not make the concept iself useless or necessarily negative.

In my opinion good masculine traits are:
  • Fearlessness.
  • Honour.
  • Strength.
  • Tenacity.
While bad "masculine" traits are everything that's forced on you to better suit other people's needs.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Paroxysm and copemaxxeer
Interesting but their are cases when ugly “worker bee” men cross-dress/become trannies and do WELL with women! (Saw a balding tranny at the garden store with attractive foids and my middle aged neighbor with two kids became a tranny ie wears dresses/chopped off his dick etc. the whole 9 yards! YET his wife still stayed with him!

@BucketCrab can u explain this phenomenon using the “worker bee” analogy?

Last edited:
Interesting but their are cases when ugly “worker bee” men cross-dress/become trannies and do WELL with women! (Saw a balding tranny at the garden store with attractive foids and my middle aged neighbor with two kids became a tranny ie wears dresses/chopped off his dick etc. the whole 9 yards! YET his wife still stayed with him!

@BucketCrab can u explain this phenomenon using the “worker bee” analogy?
Exceptions abound in all realms of life; mine is a way to interpret overall tendencies, not an iron-clad rule that applies to 100% of situations. For example we all agree men are sexually enticed by women in healthy bodyweight ranges, but men who are more into fat women still exist.

So the situations you've proposed may just be exceptions to the rule. The key here is dissecting the situations.
You've proposed two;

1. a balding tranny at the garden store with attractive foids

I need some more information here; was he successful with women because he is a balding tranny or in spite of being a balding tranny?

2. middle aged neighbor with two kids became a tranny ie wears dresses/chopped off his dick etc. the whole 9 yards! YET his wife still stayed with him

This is easier to explain; firstly, I haven't posited that worker bee men are destined to die alone, merely that they are seen by women as providers, not reproducers. This is in line with blackpill concepts such as "alpha fucks & beta bucks", or scientific reproductive models based on females taking the best genes from high-quality males and tricking low-quality males into raising that offspring as if it were their own. So clearly, at that point, the worker bee man is already a provider-slave to the couple, and the wife may just still stay with him since he was already an asexual being in her eyes.

The only real complication for her would be a sense of utter shame and humiliation at her husband becoming a woman; but in 2022 becoming a tranny is not only accepted but praised, so I'd guess she has no issue with that or even sees it as a reason to virtue signal further.

Lastly, emotional ties may play a role here; women married to worker-bee men may still form a genuine emotional connection with them over a long time together, especially if they have children. They will still not perceive them as attractive, though.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 18582
Exceptions abound in all realms of life; mine is a way to interpret overall tendencies, not an iron-clad rule that applies to 100% of situations. For example we all agree men are sexually enticed by women in healthy bodyweight ranges, but men who are more into fat women still exist.

So the situations you've proposed may just be exceptions to the rule. The key here is dissecting the situations.
You've proposed two;

1. a balding tranny at the garden store with attractive foids

I need some more information here; was he successful with women because he is a balding tranny or in spite of being a balding tranny?

2. middle aged neighbor with two kids became a tranny ie wears dresses/chopped off his dick etc. the whole 9 yards! YET his wife still stayed with him

This is easier to explain; firstly, I haven't posited that worker bee men are destined to die alone, merely that they are seen by women as providers, not reproducers. This is in line with blackpill concepts such as "alpha fucks & beta bucks", or scientific reproductive models based on females taking the best genes from high-quality males and tricking low-quality males into raising that offspring as if it were their own. So clearly, at that point, the worker bee man is already a provider-slave to the couple, and the wife may just still stay with him since he was already an asexual being in her eyes.

The only real complication for her would be a sense of utter shame and humiliation at her husband becoming a woman; but in 2022 becoming a tranny is not only accepted but praised, so I'd guess she has no issue with that or even sees it as a reason to virtue signal further.

Lastly, emotional ties may play a role here; women married to worker-bee men may still form a genuine emotional connection with them over a long time together, especially if they have children. They will still not perceive them as attractive, though.
my tranny neighbor transitioned in the early 2000’s however his kids got bullied in school because their dad was a tranny! Yet the wife still stuck with him!

The 80/20 rule regarding women's preference for the top20% of men while disregarding the bottom 80% is just this: this 80% is worker bees that are meant to work, not reproduce.
So would you say mgtow is the way for 80% of men?
If that's the case, then they have a very long way to go on a road to sentience, since a typical guy is indoctrinated with "gotta have a famry!" :soy:

So would you say mgtow is the way for 80% of men?
If that's the case, then they have a very long way to go on a road to sentience, since a typical guy is indoctrinated with "gotta have a famry!" :soy:
I'd rather argue that men should be conscious that, if they are not in the top20%, they are doomed to be considered unattractive by the vast majority of women. The issue with this is that if 80% of men suddenly decide to opt out of society, the entire thing will collapse.

One positive note here is that since most men are indoctrinated into not caring about their looks at all, looksmaxxing is twice as beneficial as it would be if EVERY MAN cared about their looks.

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7
The issue with this is that if 80% of men suddenly decide to opt out of society, the entire thing will collapse.
Well, they don't have to drop out of work, they still need to buy food, just out of intergender relationships. :feelswat:

Another interesting facet of this theory is the ability to be a trendsetter. Only attractive men can be trailblazers and introduce something new to the cultural fashion zeitgeist. This works in a macroscopic environment (celebrities) as well as microscopic (people in your age bracket and/or in your social circle).

Have you ever noticed people around trying to copy your clothing and style?
If you have, that's a sign you're good looking!

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7, highT and Xangsane
I am genuinely disoriented from reading such a well-written post on this mostly braindead forum jfl

Bump. Good thread.

Introduction

There are some things that make some men unique, striking and memorable, while looking out of place and "tryhard" on other men.
You will find out that the only real difference between the former and the latter is their attractiveness.

Attractive men get away with certain styles because vanity is "justified", in their case.
Society in general, and women in particular, frown at men who attempt to escape their pre-assigned role; there is a subconscious level in human psyche that automatically sees all men as "Worker Bees", and attempts to force them into this role.

1. Worker bee men

Worker Bee men are meant to be the building block of society. These men are:
  • Trustworthy (Rebels can be inspiring figures in the right context, but we can't all be rebels all the time).
  • Selfless (They must sacrifice themselves for their family, their country, their religion).
  • Productive (Ultimately, we need them to be active and create wealth).
Those 3 points are supposed to be the things men strive to be; it's not a coincidence that the modern idea of Virility and Manliness is often related to these concepts: be a provider, don't concern yourself with your appearance, be clean-cut and respectable. Enjoy working and providing, it is your duty as a MAN.
Ultimately, though, these traits are meant to turn you into what 90% of men throughout human history have been:
  • Silent slaves who work for the elites.
  • Expendable soldiers to be sent to die.
  • Mindless drones following the will of the powerful.
This concept of manliness is often distorted to perform a particularly insidious form of societal blackmail; if you align with these ideals, society would technically somehow grant you a female partner to continue your bloodline. Never mind that woman will have to be either:
  • Coerced into marrying you, either by their parents (arranged marriage) or circumstance (she can't work to support herself) <- This was true in the past centuries.
  • Settling down with a provider she isn't attracted to, after spending her best years with men she found attractive. <- This is true today.
2. Attractive men

These rules do not FULLY apply to truly attractive men. They are, still subconsciously, seen as a different breed, especially by women. Now, many bluepilled men will still live under the delusion that all men's attractiveness is judged by how good of a provider they are, or how alpha they act, or whatever redpill seduction coaches sell them. Which is why you will still see men making fun of attractive men for not conforming to societal rules or being vain or being concerned with their appearance (jealousy and denial of homosexual tendencies also play a part in this, but this is not the place to discuss that).
The same line of reasoning, however, does not apply to women.

Therefore, when a Worker Bee man attempts an unconventional style, society/women automatically frown upon it: they perceive the Worker Bee man as deviating from the tenets that make him a good little expendable slave. He's trying to break out of the role he was assigned and that everyone needs him to be in order to grant society the maximum benefit. This game of high-tier men having all the women they want, of women being able to enjoy modern life without working shit jobs, can ONLY WORK if Worker Bee Men accept their role, and are happy about their role.

Attractive men are not forced into the same box, therefore they are free to be a little more daring with their style. This is why you often hear things such as "long hair only looks good on men that are already good looking". No shit, because you have to be good looking to differentiate yourself from the mass in a good way. If you are not good looking, and do something like grow your hair out, or wear jewellery, or do any other unconvential thing, people simply won't like it, and the line of reasoning behind that is:

Look at this guy, he's clearly not attractive enough to be so concerned about his looks. He should just give up and focus on being a good worker bee. It would be a waste of resources for our society to have him be anything but that. It makes me angry he is not meekly accepting his role, so I will try to subtly coerce him back into it.
This also applies to all looksmaxxes that are related to vanity, or femininity; that's why it's considered ridiculous if an unattractive men plucks their eyebrows. The only exception to this rule is if the looksmax also brings some kind of practical benefit beyond looking good, i.e. going to the gym. But even then, have you ever noticed how normies start frowning upon going to the gym when ugly men go to the gym to achieve an aesthetically attractive physique?

This ties in with how people are automatically against cosmetic surgery: STOP TRYING TO CHEAT NATURE, WORKER BEE!
The idea is always that, if you're not genetically attractive, you should just kind of give up and dedicate your entire existence to being an asexual, hyper-practical drone.

Conclusion

I don't know if this should be in BOTB because I think analyzing features that don't mix should have been described in this thread instead of this concept.

I don't know if this should be in BOTB because I think analyzing features that don't mix should have been described in this thread instead of this concept.
Fair enough, it does sound a bit too abstract to be BOTB

• +1
Reactions: enchanted_elixir