Update on azelaic acid. It works. Read if you have skin problems.

D

Deleted member 49130

Gold
Azelaic acid mogs hard. Effects since using it:

Acne: I have seen better improvements in my acne since using azelaic acid combined with tretinoin/clindamycin then treclin alone.
Hyperpigmentation: It has stopped and has partially reversed areas where hyperpigmentation was developing (sides of cheeks). It is showing progress on my chin which had previously turned purple, it has managed to take it from a noticeable dark brown to only a few shades darker than my skin in only a month of use.
Eczema: Effective as an antimicrobial to control eczema flare ups, after the stinging, itching stops. Has reduced topical steroid use
Undereye area: hhas whitened my under eye area. I know this worked as the area where i coupdnt use it due to irritation is darker than the area i did use it

I have been using 15% azelaic acid for a month now. I will ask for 20% at my next appointment in about a month (which is 2 months since I booked it jfl @ nhs)

Other products I use: treclin, bpo, hyaluronic acid

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 39692, redmaxx, lost222 and 5 others

Acne: I have seen better improvements in my acne since using azelaic acid combined with tretinoin/clindamycin then treclin alone.
Hyperpigmentation: It has stopped and has partially reversed areas where hyperpigmentation was developing (sides of cheeks). It is showing progress on my chin which had previously turned purple, it has managed to take it from a noticeable dark brown to only a few shades darker than my skin in only a month of use.
Eczema: Effective as an antimicrobial to control eczema flare ups, after the stinging, itching stops. Has reduced topical steroid use
Undereye area: hhas whitened my under eye area. I know this worked as the area where i coupdnt use it due to irritation is darker than the area i did use it

I have been using 15% azelaic acid for a month now. I will ask for 20% at my next appointment in about a month (which is 2 months since I booked it jfl @ nhs)

will add

is adding azelaic acid, while using tretinoin good idea?, can i use them both?

is adding azelaic acid, while using tretinoin good idea?, can i use them both?
Yes I do that. Use tret first then azelaic

is 20% that stronger than 15%?

just to let you know bro 20percent cream has worse absorbtion compared to the 15 percent gel

does it help with seborehhic dermatatis

Does it help with pigmentation? Can be used to lighten skin?

Get this if you can’t get your hands on tret. Tret is better though.

• +1
Reactions: coispet
where did you buy it?

boyo what if i just want to get my original skin color back? you see, my arms and neck are giga burned/tanned from wageslaving outside

Yes I have been using azelaic acid from skinorac along with tret and it works great

I just bought 20% azeliac acid and I'm currently using 2% hq do u think combining them both like applying az in the morning and hq in the night would decrease the duration to lighten my skin if i was solely dependent on hq? And would it increase the efficiency to lighten it? Hope this makes sense

I just bought 20% azeliac acid and I'm currently using 2% hq do u think combining them both like applying az in the morning and hq in the night would decrease the duration to lighten my skin if i was solely dependent on hq? And would it increase the efficiency to lighten it? Hope this makes sense
Yes they both have a shared way they work way (tyrosinase inhibitor, AA does a few other things too). I'm not sure the effect it would have on decreasing duration(as there's no data on it) but it should be safe and minimise side effects from HQ so I would say go for it and let us know how long it takes.

• +1
Reactions: FBl