URGENT - Should I get Preomolar Extractions to fix Bimaxillary Protrusion

L

littleyellowman

Iron
I'm about to get my first premolars extracted today because it will apparently fix my bimaxillary protrusion caused by my incisors being flared out at an excessive an unideal angle.

Ortho will retract my front teeth and will bring the back teeth forwards to fill the gap and not completely recess me.

Should I proceed with extraction of first 4 premolars? Because it has potential side effects that negatively impact facial aesthetics.

I'm 17 btw I already got braces before when i was 12-13, but i'm trying to fix protrusion and apparently premolar extraction is the only way to go.

Click checkmark to mark as solution 🙏
I'm about to get my first premolars extracted today because it will apparently fix my bimaxillary protrusion caused by my incisors being flared out at an excessive an unideal angle.

View attachment 3001294

Ortho will retract my front teeth and will bring the back teeth forwards to fill the gap and not completely recess me.

Should I proceed with extraction of first 4 premolars? Because it has potential side effects that negatively impact facial aesthetics.
View attachment 3001297

I'm 17 btw I already got braces before when i was 12-13, but i'm trying to fix protrusion and apparently premolar extraction is the only way to go.
Premolar extractions helps bimaxillary protrusion since it creates space to retract protruding incisors but u could get recessed idk why u wouldnt ask a maxillofacial surgeon first

Last edited:
Click checkmark to mark as solution 🙏

Premolar extractions helps bimaxillary protrusion since it creates space to retract protruding incisors but u could get recessed idk why u wouldnt ask a maxillofacial surgeon first
im not 18 yet they wouldn't even do consults