verteporfin guide

P

piec

Silver
Verteporfin protocol (First draft based on K K’s self-experiment)
Disclaimer: The following protocol is not medical advice and I do not recommend the usage of Verteporfin on humans without the supervision of a doctor. The purpose of this message is to stimulate the discussion about this promising research.

## Materials
- Verteporfin: Approx. 0.4mg per cm2. Can be bought on MedChemExpress or through suppliers working with MedChemExpress.
- Phosphate Buffered Saline (PBS): Approx. 0.2mL per cm2. Best choice is to get ready-to-use X1 solution that has been sterilized (autoclaved). It usually comes in powder packs, tabs and ready-to-use solution. Powder packs and tabs must be mixed with distilled water. PBS may also come in different concentrations, like 10X or 20X. Depending on concentration, more or less distilled water must be used to get the 1X solution used for injection.
- Sterile 1mL syringe with luer lock tip. AKA insulin syringes without the needles.
- Sterile 4mm 30g needles with luer locks. AKA mesotherapy needles. These needles are very short and will at worst only reach into the fat layer under the skin.
- Sterile glass vial. Used to mix Verteporfin and PBS. Capacity should be greater than intended injection volume.
- Sonicator: Used to dissolve Verteporfin in PBS. Important to get an homogenous solution for injection. Can be bought on amazon for under $50. Usage and tips: TL;DW: Pour bottled water into the sonicator device, hold the glass vial containing Verteporfin and PBS a bit off the middle and submerge the bottom of the vial 1cm into the water.

## Storing Verteporfin
Verteporfin slowly degrades when exposed to light and heat. The original container should protect it from light. Store it in the fridge at under 4ºC. Note that Verteporfin may be kept at room temperature for short periods of time i.e. a few days. Also note that Verteporfin will only last a few hours after mixing it with a solvent like PBS.

## Verteporfin concentration
The concentration used on pigs was 2mg/mL. This means 2mg of Verteporfin for each mL of Phosphate Buffered Saline (PBS). Example: If I bought 5mg of Verteporfin, I would use 2.5mL of PBS to achieve a concentration of 2mg/mL. It is infeasible to weigh such small amounts without expensive equipment, so the amount you buy is the amount you use.

## Injection volume
The exact volume used on pigs is unknown. However, 0.2mL per cm2, and a maximum of 0.1mL per injection site, is reasonable for intradermal injections. Exact volume per injection site would depend on the space between injections. Example: For a 3cm long linear wound, a reasonable injection volume would be 0.6mL distributed in 6 injections of 0.05mL on each edge of the wound.

## Procedure to mix Verteporfin
IMPORTANT: Mixing should be performed in a room with no sunlight and dim lights. Sunlight *will* rapidly degrade Verteporfin.
Verteporfin usually comes inside a very small vial that contains milligrams of dry powder. This vial will be referred to as Original Verteporfin Vial (OVV) in this procedure.
A milligram is an extremely small amount and doing the mixing haphazardly may easily cause the loss of several milligrams. This is why it is important to use proper technique to mix Verteporfin with PBS.
Depending on the capacity of the Original Verteporfin Vial (OVV), it may be necessary to transfer the solution to a larger glass vial—that will be referred to as Mixing Vial (MV) in this procedure—in order to prepare the final total volume. This procedure assumes a larger vial is necessary.
1. Withdraw up to 1mL of PBS using a 1mL syringe.
2. Transfer PBS into the OVV. Rinse off any powder stuck to the walls of the vial using the syringe.
3. Gently tap the OVV a few times to mix.
4. Carefully pour the solution from the OVV into the MV.
5. Repeat steps (1) to (4) if necessary to get any Verteporfin remaining in the OVV.
6. Transfer the remaining volume of PBS to the MV using the syringe to get the desired final total volume.

• +1
Reactions: proxyy, TsarTsar444, cyprian_tomaszewski and 2 others
you cant just post that without any explanation of what youre tryna acheive

• +1
Reactions: EzikoIsHere
what does this do lmao

what does this do lmao
Some transplant surgeons use it to make some of the transplanted hairs grow again so you can get even more transplants. Very interesting stuff. Could potentially open the way for infinite transplants

• +1
Reactions: FrenchChad and buflek
High IQ, Low EQ, like cosmos devs lmao.

at least say what this achieved

• +1
Reactions: NorwoodAscender
amphetamin

• JFL
Reactions: TsarTsar444 and iam good boy
High IQ, Low EQ, like cosmos devs lmao.

at least say what this achieved
Happy Russell Westbrook GIF by LA Clippers

Russell westbrook spittin facts

• +1
Reactions: russwestbrook
dont even watch basketball most random name I coulda picked

• +1
Reactions: NorwoodAscender
bump

You should also make a thread on what this drug is as most people don't know and a BOTB thread about this could probably make more surgeons use this.

Are you gonna self inject it after excision or something?

worst case scenario, yes
How risky do you even think it could be?

Is the risky part the verteporfin getting degraded whilst making it or not being under anesthesia or what do you think is the risk with this

How risky do you even think it could be?

Is the risky part the verteporfin getting degraded whilst making it or not being under anesthesia or what do you think is the risk with this
its an extremely safe drug, it has been used for macular degeneration at much higher doses for decades. the only actual risk is losing the money because of degredation or getting fake/filled with random substances stuff

• +1
Reactions: trueceI
its an extremely safe drug, it has been used for macular degeneration at much higher doses for decades. the only actual risk is losing the money because of degredation or getting fake/filled with random substances stuff
you should prob try it on body scars first ngl

you should prob try it on body scars first ngl
i will use it on one of my body scars and biceps stretch marks combined with microneedling or other treatment, then do it on acne scars. hell im even norwooding a little so once i get the hang of it i might inject in my hairline and microneedle

• +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444 and trueceI
i will use it on one of my body scars and biceps stretch marks combined with microneedling or other treatment, then do it on acne scars. hell im even norwooding a little so once i get the hang of it i might inject in my hairline and microneedle
mirin, lmk how this goes

I wanna use it for two hypertrophic scars, hairline lowering and rhino

When do you think your first attempt will be?

Are you not planning to do it in combination with excision? Just microneedling?

When do you think your first attempt will be?
if other treatments dont work well, about 3-4 months from now on if i find a doctor willing to do it, if i dont, about 5 months. probably less
Are you not planning to do it in combination with excision? Just microneedling?
i might, i want to try better risk to rewards methods for now until i evaluate the situation

• +1
Reactions: trueceI
Meanwhile @5.5psl gets 50 reps on a @Blackgymmax pic spamming thread but this one gets 2. Clown world.

• +1
Reactions: coispet, proxyy, TsarTsar444 and 2 others
@TsarTsar444 you think this is hard to make? Aren't u a chemist

@9898 is this legit? Yk anything about this?

Bumping this