Vertical ramus elongation and mandibular advancement

Elias

Elias

A new osteotomy to vertically increase ramus length.

This technique differs from the conventional sagittal split osteotomy in that which the anterior osteotomy line is not continued until the basilar edge but stopped 5–6 mm above it. Cutting of the pterygomasseteric sling is systematically done allowing for the lowering of the mandibular angle. Osteosynthesis is performed by transjugal and intra-oral approaches, using two adjustable miniplates. Our supra-angular technique allows for both elongation of the ramus and advancement of the mandible. Unlike the vertical ramus osteotomy proposed by Caldwell-Letterman, external incision and intraoperative cervical hyperextension are not required.

AB578C2E 5B57 490B 8AF6 263EC5E88341

Fig.1. Osteotomy drawing line.

61C65915 5362 4223 B9DA C59F20A3E96F

Fig.2. Visualization of the osteotomy line in a three-dimensional reconstruction of postoperative CBCT, front view (left), right profile (middle) and rear view (right).

1F5E2AED 6D9C 431B 9B44 3DC7D048AD67

Fig.4. Case 1. Treatment outcomes at 6 months postoperatively. Frontal and profile photographs, profile X-ray and orthopantomogram in preoperative time (top) and at 6 month (bottom).

682DF84F CBDB 42A8 ACF8 C887D8FD90FA

Fig.5. Case 2. Treatment outcomes at 1 year postoperatively. Frontal and profile photographs, profileX-ray and orthopantomogram in preoperative time (top) and at 1 year (bottom).

78C8F735 630A 4920 B75C 937C63915CAE

Fig. 6. Case 3. Treatment outcomes at 2 years postoperatively. Frontal and profile photographs, profileX-ray and orthopantomogram in preoperative time (top) and at 2 years (bottom).

Lifefuel for @PubertyMaxxer @reptiles

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: reptiles, sloopnoob, Deleted member 5081 and 3 others
made for deformed people

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 470
Case 2 or 3 isnt deformed
Theyre almost the same as @reptiles and @PubertyMaxxer
iirc both of them arent nearly as downwards grown as these examples

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 470, Darkstrand and 1 other person
iirc both of them arent nearly as downwards grown as these examples

Bro can you measure my Gonial Angle?

Last edited:
are these gaps gonna heal and filled ?

Gonial angle looks fine dude just need a chin shield or something to add to ramus length
Only jaw angle implants can do that

Chin shield doesnt touch ramus

Holy fuck, BSSO, Lefort 1, MSDO, chin wing and now even ramus lenghtening, lifefuel that there are so many ways of fixing recession

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
Only jaw angle implants can do that

Chin shield doesnt touch ramus
Right I’m low IQ tbh
How much do you weight bro and how tall are you?
If you’re over 5’11 gymceling will boost ur sex appeal quite a lot

• So Sad
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer
Right I’m low IQ tbh
How much do you weight bro and how tall are you?
If you’re over 5’11 gymceling will boost ur sex appeal quite a lot
Also elongating my ramus would lower my Gonial Angle, isn't that bad

• Hmm...
Deformed cases.

For the average person (us) chewing and growth stimulants will do the trick just fine.

Imagine wasting tens of thousands of dollars on enhancing a bone that grows its entire life on its own.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
does anybody know some ramus elongation surgery that wont end with your jaw snapped in half after being hit while boxing?

Are you thinking of genio then?
Sounds kinda risky if so because your facial thirds seem to harmonize pretty well.
Wtf? A jaw implant doesnt change facial thirds?!

Yes genio is 100%
Are you thinking of genio then?
Sounds kinda risky if so because your facial thirds seem to harmonize pretty well.
Show your before afters then or gtfo

does anybody know some ramus elongation surgery that wont end with your jaw snapped in half after being hit while boxing?
Go drill two pieces of iron together with titanium screws and try to punch it in half.

• +1
Reactions: Xander578
Wtf? A jaw implant doesnt change facial thirds?!

Yes genio is 100%

Show your before afters then or gtfo
No I was saying if you get genio to vertically lengthen your ramus it probably won't match your other 2/3 facial thirds.

• Hmm...
Go drill two pieces of iron together with titanium screws and try to punch it in half.
isn't the bone cut in two pieces for elongation and then linked together with pieces of iron?

No I was saying if you get genio to vertically lengthen your ramus it probably won't match your other 2/3 facial thirds.
But a genio cant even Lenghten the ramus!

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
But a genio cant even Lenghten the ramus!
I'm fucking retarded don't worry about it
I seem to have misunderstood people told me to get genio to increase ramus height on this forum im not even sure anymore.

• Hmm...
isn't the bone cut in two pieces for elongation and then linked together with pieces of iron?
titanium not iron

arguably bone fixed with titanium screws is stronger than normal bone. can you shatter someones ramus with a punch? doubt it.
I'm fucking retarded don't worry about it
I seem to have misunderstood people told me to get genio to increase ramus height on this forum im not even sure anymore.
chin wing

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
It's not like the bone regenerates in area bro! just lol

wHY YOU BULLY PEOPLE BRO

A new osteotomy to vertically increase ramus length.

View attachment 364701

View attachment 364703

View attachment 364704

View attachment 364706

View attachment 364707

Lifefuel for @PubertyMaxxer @reptiles

Giga tera ultra life fuel bruv