virtual reality is far more interesting to me than sex robots

Magical Apple

Magical Apple

Wisest
@barcacel @mvp

Our consciousness is already a form of virtual reality. What we experience isn't real its only an analogy for what reality actually is. A virtual reality could actually be far richer analogy of reality than any waking experience. Imagine instead of just having sex, experiencing the experiencing an orgasm in every sense and simultaneously experiencing the sensations and emotions of the other entity involved.

VR is not just for lotus eating, it is also a path to alternate forms of consciousness, superior intelligence and eventually a path to slow mind uploading. Full mind vr isn't going to be like some video game. It will be a collaboration between your brain and a constantly adapting ai. Think of a super dream.

In real life you are limited by your senses but there is no reason it is not possible to artificially induce synesthesia and gain the abilities of a savant. E.g. imagine using a vr interface to train your mind to experience mathematical data using your visual cortex.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20652
The main problem with VR being better than reality is that the ruling class will basically control you. The world will literally become the matrix.

The main problem with VR being better than reality is that the ruling class will basically control you. The world will literally become the matrix.
Or more likely the ruling class will be the only ones with the privilege of living in VR while the rest of people have to live normally.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20189
Or more likely the ruling class will be the only ones with the privilege of living in VR while the rest of people have to live normally.
That's entirely possible too. The other possiblity is the ruling class basically having armies of androids to control us. Basically either way we are gonna be screwed. It sucks too because if VR could actually be as real as real life everyone could probably be happy, but people are naturally greedy so it won't work out.

That's entirely possible too. The other possiblity is the ruling class basically having armies of androids to control us. Basically either way we are gonna be screwed. It sucks too because if VR could actually be as real as real life everyone could probably be happy, but people are naturally greedy so it won't work out.
What I see is most people being enough to be happy by modern standards but the rich and powerful having access to technologies that allow for them to have abilities and experiences beyond what is human. Most human pleasures will be available to the common man but the path to godhood on earth will be only available to the elite or very ambitious.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 20189
What I see is most people being enough to be happy by modern standards but the rich and powerful having access to technologies that allow for them to have abilities and experiences beyond what is human. Most human pleasures will be available to the common man but the path to godhood on earth will be only available to the elite or very ambitious.
Well I just hope that we don't become even more controlled by the elite. If we're getting androids and VR soon it's just more reason for me not to rope even if it is painful to live rn.