Visiting a therapist is cucked tbh

AbandonShip

AbandonShip

Kraken
I want to cure my mental illness but dont want to visit any doctor.

How do i self diagnose?

i went to one in summer. dude was fat, creepy af and rly rude. i did the session, left runnign and never again tbh ngl. shit was scary af

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Catawampus, Deleted member 39 and AbandonShip
i went to one in summer. dude was fat, creepy af and rly rude. i did the session, left runnign and never again tbh ngl. shit was scary af
Did he prescribe any meds?

Why are there so many retards on here...

"I want money but I don't want to work"
"I want mental illness diagnosis and help but I don't want to see a professional"

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: MandibularCel, Catawampus, Ogmanman and 7 others
Why are there so many retards on here...

"I want money but I don't want to work"
"I want mental illness diagnosis and help but I don't want to see a professional"
Idk man i dont like opening up about my illness to other people

• +1
Reactions: thickdickdaddy27
Mental illness is a hoax

• +1
Reactions: DarkTriadPeerReview and Deleted member 4209
No one does
Its embarassing as fuck tbh.
I wish i had someone to talk to irl about how i feel.
Someone i could be comfortable with.
Mental illness is a hoax
If you stayed one minute in my body youd realise that it isnt a hoax.

My brain literally tortures me at ever turn.
It doesnt want me to be happy.
Its not even related to looks ffs

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel
(((therapy)))

• +1
Reactions: DarkTriadPeerReview
This year I'm getting my bachelor's degree in Psychology and all I can say about it is this: If you just read DSM, ICD and some books on cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT, look up Albert Ellis or Aaron Beck) you can get better explanation regarding therapy and clinical psych than in a 3-year college. Other than that, self-diagnosis is stupid cope, it won't help you with anything, it's useless to know the symptoms and the causes if you won't get any meds for an issue (because you won't get any psychiatric meds without prescription and clinical psychology is just a stupid fucking way to tell a loser to "get a new cope or hobby, bro, life's cool at the end of the day").

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel, Ogmanman, XXX22 and 1 other person
your ancesters were working 18 hours a day in street markets for peanuts and you cant even get out of bed becasue you are not a male model

what a world we live in

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel, MandibularCel, Deleted member 3195 and 3 others
This year I'm getting my bachelor's degree in Psychology and all I can say about it is this: If you just read DSM, ICD and some books on cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT, look up Albert Ellis or Aaron Beck) you can get better explanation regarding therapy and clinical psych than in a 3-year college. Other than that, self-diagnosis is stupid cope, it won't help you with anything, it's useless to know the symptoms and the causes if you won't get any meds for an issue (because you won't get any psychiatric meds without prescription and clinical psychology is just a stupid fucking way to tell a loser to "get a new cope or hobby, bro, life's cool at the end of the day").
What is your opinion on the research going on that most mental illness is caused by brain damage or other brain abnormalities?

The research is still on going, but what neuroscientists are able to do now is put people through an fMRI brain scan and very reliably demonstrate what thier psychiatric illness is based on the part of thier brain that has been damaged.

The most relevant of which is "psychopathy" or "ASPD". Which is caused by damage to the Orbitofrontal Cortex that regulates impulse control and moral conscience. Or the Amygdala which regulates arousal and helps recognize when someone else is experiencing fear or pain.

• +1
i only go to try to get neetbux

What is your opinion on the research going on that most mental illness is caused by brain damage or other brain abnormalities?

The research is still on going, but what neuroscientists are able to do now is put people through an fMRI brain scan and very reliably demonstrate what thier psychiatric illness is based on the part of thier brain that has been damaged.

The most relevant of which is "psychopathy" or "ASPD". Which is caused by damage to the Orbitofrontal Cortex that regulates impulse control and moral conscience. Or the Amygdala which regulates arousal and helps recognize when someone else is experiencing fear or pain.

Hard to tell without any other gold standard procedures to compare to. Of course there are randomized controlled trials out there and it is a new wave of statistical procedures trying to implement network analysis into getting a grasp of symptom clustering in psychopathology. And about the brain damage correlates with different illnesses, it is very very true, but there are so many factors into this (like intrauterine life, genetics, prevalence, frequency of disease, external causes like even a simple cold or flu going on).

All I can say is that we need a lot more data on it to be able to generalize this. And about the basal emotions or feelings, those are very old structures in our brain, so of course the Orbitofrontal and Amygdala will play a huge role into psychopathology and even further alterations of overall cognition/perception. But we're getting into soooo many different areas here, because, at this point (the age we live in), so many different minuscule shits can get in our path to "being a normal person".

TLDR: That research is the best thing that we can get right now and I hope that it will be A LOT in the next few years, in order for AI/perfect data analysts to be able to run Bayesian analyses of different paths or models, in order to generalize these findings. Such things would change the face of science, by implementing a not-only-medication-approach.

Hard to tell without any other gold standard procedures to compare to. Of course there are randomized controlled trials out there and it is a new wave of statistical procedures trying to implement network analysis into getting a grasp of symptom clustering in psychopathology. And about the brain damage correlates with different illnesses, it is very very true, but there are so many factors into this (like intrauterine life, genetics, prevalence, frequency of disease, external causes like even a simple cold or flu going on).

All I can say is that we need a lot more data on it to be able to generalize this. And about the basal emotions or feelings, those are very old structures in our brain, so of course the Orbitofrontal and Amygdala will play a huge role into psychopathology and even further alterations of overall cognition/perception. But we're getting into soooo many different areas here, because, at this point (the age we live in), so many different minuscule shits can get in our path to "being a normal person".

TLDR: That research is the best thing that we can get right now and I hope that it will be A LOT in the next few years, in order for AI/perfect data analysts to be able to run Bayesian analyses of different paths or models, in order to generalize these findings. Such things would change the face of science, by implementing a not-only-medication-approach.
For me, if the brain damage theory becomes the accepted model it would carry many bad implications. Such bad implications that many psychologists and psychiatrists have detested the works of neuroscientists like Jim Fallon or Jonathan Pincus.

Firstly, if the brain damage hypothesis were proven with 100% certainly it would mean the death of "free will". It would mean we could scan someone's brain and determine with almost mathematical certainty that this person is dangerous and must be euthanized or confined for life, without having done anything wrong yet. That is a very bleak prospect and it's no wonder many psychologists and psychiatrists don't like that idea.

Secondly, it would mean that sciences revolving around treating mental illness is almost a complete farce. If someone has been brain damaged and they are dangerous because of it, there is no helping them. As far as medical science is aware there is no possible way to restore brain function.

• +1
For me, if the brain damage theory becomes the accepted model it would carry many bad implications. Such bad implications that many psychologists and psychiatrists have detested the works of neuroscientists like Jim Fallon or Jonathan Pincus.

Firstly, if the brain damage hypothesis were proven with 100% certainly it would mean the death of "free will". It would mean we could scan someone's brain and determine with almost mathematical certainty that this person is dangerous and must be euthanized or confined for life, without having done anything wrong yet. That is a very bleak prospect and it's no wonder many psychologists and psychiatrists don't like that idea.

Secondly, it would mean that sciences revolving around treating mental illness is almost a complete farce. If someone has been brain damaged and they are dangerous because of it, there is no helping them. As far as medical science is aware there is no possible way to restore brain function.
Dystopian future but it would be the right thing, because treating mental illness is not possible, you can just contain and reduce the frequency of some symptoms, but NEVER completely eliminate that nucleus. Psychologists and psychiatrists worldwide are now militants for a "positive psychology" era, which is totally unsustainable and biased. "We just have to show empathy and love every day", when life's structure is just so messy...

• +1
Reactions: Ogmanman
MOSHED 2020 1 20 5 24 7

• +1
Reactions: StoicNihilist
Dystopian future but it would be the right thing, because treating mental illness is not possible, you can just contain and reduce the frequency of some symptoms, but NEVER completely eliminate that nucleus. Psychologists and psychiatrists worldwide are now militants for a "positive psychology" era, which is totally unsustainable and biased. "We just have to show empathy and love every day", when life's structure is just so messy...

If you have the time you really should read the works of neuroscientist Jonathan Pincus.

He studied the brains of many of the world's most infamous serial killers including: John Wayne Gacy, Ed Kemper, Richard Ramirez, and Jeffrey Dahmer.

He's the one who discovered that almost every serial killer out there has this very specific pattern of brain damage.

• Love it
My mom obligated me to go to a therapist (WOMAN) once. JFL i caged every session. I legit IQ mogged her every single time. Basically i was doing therapy for her.

• +1
Dont you have any really good friends? I mean I have one or two friends that I trust to talk to but thats it

To make it very clear - In some areas the term therapist and psychologist mean different things.
You go to a clinical psychologist or a psychiatrist, someone authorized to diagnose.

A therapist is a different term.