Vitamin B doses?

YouLiveForYourself

YouLiveForYourself

Stand for nothing, fall for anything
I bought this Vitamin B complex product:

The doses seem pretty high. I know that in particular, B6 is 50mg when the max amount daily should be 10mg.

Therefore, would it be fine to take a pill once week? Would there be any risks?

@kjsbdfiusdf I know you're pretty knowledgeable about this.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
In regard to B Vitamins and supplementation I came to the conclusion that it's better to just eat a nutritious diet first and foremost, but if you want to try to help specific physical alignments, improve symptoms, see how you would feel / if you notice any metabolic benefits from B Vitamins then I would supplement individual B Vitamin supplements, and not a complex... So if you really want to supplement say B1, B3, B6 etc. I would look for a good quality source of those.

toxinless.com Personally I haven't ordered anything yet but here are some good directions in regard to figuring out brands etc. (not 100% sure but a good place to start), it lists good brands for specific supplements.
Also you can look around the Ray Peat Forum for threads on good brands of specific B Vitamins.

For diet, this is a good reference to start.

Major foods for B Vitamins:
Good liver from a butcher cooked extra rare (raw on the inside, doesn't taste half bad imo... also notice massssssive pro-androgenic effect from this, had wet dream on the night after consuming it after not having wet dreams for a while).
Mussels from a non-Asian country
Oysters (?, impossible to find a source if you dont live in a country with naturally occuring / plentiful oysters, canned is probably shitty...)

Minor foods for passive consumption of B Vits:
Rare beef
Egg yolk
Orange juice
Potatoes (dont consume too many, and cook them very well)
Ripe fruits
Dark chocolate (? , I dont eat this too much tbh and not sure)
Coffee (?)

Milk is supposedly great for B Vits given you can digest it. I can only digest hard cheeses. Also If you want I can expend on Calcium sources if you can't digest milk.

Also, when you eat the major foods for B Vits or supplement a B Vitamin... I heard Polyphenols inhibit absorption of certain B Vits, like B1. So when you're eating rare liver or mussels, dont drink any fruit, veg, honey, choco or coffee for a bit before you eat them. I would eat a bit of potatoes

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17314
In regard to B Vitamins and supplementation I came to the conclusion that it's better to just eat a nutritious diet first and foremost, but if you want to try to help specific physical alignments, improve symptoms, see how you would feel / if you notice any metabolic benefits from B Vitamins then I would supplement individual B Vitamin supplements, and not a complex... So if you really want to supplement say B1, B3, B6 etc. I would look for a good quality source of those.

toxinless.com Personally I haven't ordered anything yet but here are some good directions in regard to figuring out brands etc. (not 100% sure but a good place to start), it lists good brands for specific supplements.
Also you can look around the Ray Peat Forum for threads on good brands of specific B Vitamins.

For diet, this is a good reference to start.

Major foods for B Vitamins:
Good liver from a butcher cooked extra rare (raw on the inside, doesn't taste half bad imo... also notice massssssive pro-androgenic effect from this, had wet dream on the night after consuming it after not having wet dreams for a while).
Mussels from a non-Asian country
Oysters (?, impossible to find a source if you dont live in a country with naturally occuring / plentiful oysters, canned is probably shitty...)

Minor foods for passive consumption of B Vits:
Rare beef
Egg yolk
Orange juice
Potatoes (dont consume too many, and cook them very well)
Ripe fruits
Dark chocolate (? , I dont eat this too much tbh and not sure)
Coffee (?)

Milk is supposedly great for B Vits given you can digest it. I can only digest hard cheeses. Also If you want I can expend on Calcium sources if you can't digest milk.

Also, when you eat the major foods for B Vits or supplement a B Vitamin... I heard Polyphenols inhibit absorption of certain B Vits, like B1. So when you're eating rare liver or mussels, dont drink any fruit, veg, honey, choco or coffee for a bit before you eat them. I would eat a bit of potatoes

Thanks a lot. Very useful guide on how to get B vitamins naturally.

I've actually been planning on completely revamping my diet to be as nutritious as possible. I think I'll start from about April since that's when I can properly commit to getting all of the foods and consistently.

In the meantime, would taking that supplement once a week eliminate any risks of nerve damage and also provide benefits to my health?

Jfl Haha not being able to digest milk properly is so annoying:feelsbadman:

• +1
@ChristianChad is that a yes? A no?

season 3 comedy GIF by IFC

• JFL