Vivid dreams and nightmares

Bewusst

Bewusst

dead inside
I've been experiencing these more frequently lately. Last night I 'woke up' from a dream, but it was still inside a dream. I was hallucinating and the door opened. I saw somebody and was scared out of my mind, but nobody answered until I actually woke up irl.

Dreams are fascinating tbh. It's amazing what the subconscious mind can come up with. It feels incredibly real. My 'dream center' could make millions in the movie industry. I've had the craziest dreams you could imagine...

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: PseudoMaxxer, humanoidsub7 and BrahminBoss
u just have glutamate exitoxicity

• Woah
Reactions: gribsufer1
me too. nothing even comes close to my dreams in terms of sheer entertainment

• +1
Reactions: humanoidsub7 and Bewusst
keep thinking your lack of GABAergic regulation is a message from the heavens
I drink around a fifth of vodka + beer on most nights. When I'm stone-cold sober, I don't dream at all and if I do, I don't remember anything at least. I don't really see the point you're trying to make

I drink around a fifth of vodka + beer on most nights. When I'm stone-cold sober, I don't dream at all and if I do, I don't remember anything at least. I don't really see the point you're trying to make
Alcohol has a short half life the GABAergic down regulation after drinking is why you dream on the days you drink

Real lucid dreaming is like being on heaven.

The last time I had one I remember I did whatever I wanted as if it was a time machine. Going back and forward... Cool stuff.

I could also interact with people there so it did feel real

Alcohol has a short half life the GABAergic down regulation after drinking is why you dream on the days you drink
It takes about an hour to process .015 BAC. Idk about the receptor sites, but I doubt there's a fast adaptation. I don't get any physical withdrawal effects either. It just knocks me out when I close my eyes. Drinking actually keeps me up way longer compared to when I'm sober. Like rn, it's almost 10 am and I'm still not tired

• +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss
It takes about an hour to process .015 BAC. Idk about the receptor sites, but I doubt there's a fast adaptation. I don't get any physical withdrawal effects either. It just knocks me out when I close my eyes. Drinking actually keeps me up way longer compared to when I'm sober. Like rn, it's almost 10 am and I'm still not tired
Well alcohol was used by shamans to induce visions , it’s also a drug that is different at different dosages on its receptor action. your dreams sound dissociative nightmares to me. Mine are very vivid happy and colourful

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
Well alcohol was used by shamans to induce visions , it’s also a drug that is different at different dosages on its receptor action. your dreams sound dissociative nightmares to me. Mine are very vivid happy and colourful
Yes, it's mostly nightmares. Sometimes, they feel so real that I wake up with my heart pounding out of my chest and still looking for the evil spirits in my apartment. It's crazy. I don't get startled or scared easily irl but these dreams are something else... I still prefer them to the dreadful reality ngl

• So Sad
Reactions: BrahminBoss
My dreams are caused by my depression lmao

when you realize you are in a dream, you can fly around and stuff