Vocal Tract Length — Key to Deep-Timbred Voices

thecel

thecel

narrow-orbits brachy-skull ogre
Mew as hard as you can. Your Adam’s apple should be below your chin. If it’s above your chin, your vocal tract is cucked.

Long Vocal Tract — Adam’s Apple Under Chin (While Mewing)
E7707671 AF93 413B 92BF 84B4666936BB

Short Vocal Tract — Adam’s Apple Above Chin (While Mewing)
80E8A26C A439 4EA7 A946 908FA12D5AE8

Caveat: The test’s accuracy varies with the amount of downward facial growth.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 31155 and Deleted member 27452
bump

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 27452
good guide

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 31155 and thecel
How do you discover such high iq things bro

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: horizontallytall and thecel
How do you discover such high iq things bro

My voice has medium-low pitch and shallow depth. Sounds like shit. I recently noticed how high my Adam’s apple is. You can’t see it because it’s small and is positioned above my chin.

• +1
Reactions: Lookologist003
My voice has medium-low pitch and shallow depth. Sounds like shit. I recently noticed how high my Adam’s apple is. You can’t see it because it’s small and is positioned above my chin.
Does nasal speech have any kind of correlation with this?

• +1
Reactions: thecel
Does nasal speech have any kind of correlation with this?

Maybe. Take this with a grain of salt since I’m no expert: when your vocal tract is shallower, a bigger proportion of the total resonance occurs in your nasal cavity.

Example of deep vocal tract:
  • 30% throat resonance
  • 40% mouth resonance
  • 30% nose resonance
Example of shallow vocal tract:
  • 20% throat resonance
  • 45% mouth resonance
  • 35% nose resonance

• +1
Reactions: Lookologist003, horizontallytall and Deleted member 31155
Maybe. Take this with a grain of salt since I’m no expert: when your vocal tract is shallower, a bigger proportion of the total resonance occurs in your nasal cavity.

Example of deep vocal tract:
  • 30% throat resonance
  • 40% mouth resonance
  • 30% nose resonance
Example of shallow vocal tract:
  • 20% throat resonance
  • 45% mouth resonance
  • 35% nose resonance
I see now, thanks for the explanation. Perhaps my nasal speech is caused by maxillary downgrowth, since it is said that nasal speech is caused by blockage inside the nose, which downgrown bones could be the cause to that.

3121670_1666073949990.gif

• So Sad
i have medium placed wat it means

• +1
I have natural deep voice I join discord calls and guys say they wish they were me if you don't have a deep voice you're subhuman

• So Sad
Yup ur correct. I came to same conclusion. Downgrowth affecst voice. I searched the r

• Woah
Hey, @thecel did you know the sinuses of the face also affect timbre of the voice? Something for you to consider. There are four groups of sinuses in the face: frontal sinus, sphenoid sinuses, ethmoid sinuses, and maxillary sinuses. The mastoid cells are what cause you to hear your own voice differently to how others hear it. When you made the claim that "your voice is your maxilla", because of sinuses and the shapes of them and the shape and size of the bones enveloping them, you're probably right.

A large skull will allow more resonance to take place. Voicepill is very interesting to me. Voice comprises a huge part of how you are perceived after your face is seen or it is how you are perceived if it's over a phone call or Discord VC, in a narrated YouTube video, public speaking. The sound of a voice matters more than the words it coveys :blackpill:

• +1