Wagies, do you work on the weekends?

JovenCansao

JovenCansao

Kraken
Is it worth it for the little extra income?

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: goldpill, poopoohead and Deleted member 30679
No, corporate job pays enough + would rather grind skills for higher salary on weekends

• +1
Reactions: Xangsane, Deleted member 23778, Prince88 and 5 others
i dont work ever

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Xangsane, RichardSpencel, Deleted member 20179 and 2 others
  • +1
Reactions: JovenCansao
Yes every money is towards my bimax plan and ascension

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 20064, Master_Wanky and JovenCansao
Elaborate
I get paid good enough working during the week that I don't feel the need to work a side job on the weekends because I would rather use my time on the weekends to grind skills that will get me a higher salary in the future. I could go do a side job and pull in an extra 20-30k a year or use that time to develop skills that double my salary in the future, I choose the latter.
how to get corporate job?
Fake it till u make it. I'm pretty retarded, introverted, but just put on a fake face at work + I work remote so it's easier but they'll catch on eventually.

• +1
Reactions: JovenCansao and Deleted member 18879
I get paid good enough working during the week that I don't feel the need to work a side job on the weekends because I would rather use my time on the weekends to grind skills that will get me a higher salary in the future. I could go do a side job and pull in an extra 20-30k a year or use that time to develop skills that double my salary in the future, I choose the latter.

Fake it till u make it. I'm pretty retarded, introverted, but just put on a fake face at work + I work remote so it's easier but they'll catch on eventually.
are you like some high IQ stemcel?

• Love it
Definitely not high IQ but I have a CS degree, grinded hard for it
What kind of skills are you working on? Remote job would be a dream come true tbh, I would just become a passport bro lmao

• +1
What kind of skills are you working on? Remote job would be a dream come true tbh, I would just become a passport bro lmao
I'm a software engineer so I'm grinding leetcode on the weekends so that once FAANG starts hiring again I can double my salary

• +1
Reactions: Master_Wanky and JovenCansao
I'm a software engineer so I'm grinding leetcode on the weekends so that once FAANG starts hiring again I can double my salary
Good decision. However, are you afraid of AI taking over software engineering, at least all Junior Level stuff? I heard in some years AI can create much more efficient programming languages than humans were able to build

• Hmm...
Good decision. However, are you afraid of AI taking over software engineering, at least all Junior Level stuff? I heard in some years AI can create much more efficient programming languages than humans were able to build
By then I should be skilled enough and adaptable enough not to be replaced. There are companies still using mainframes, writing jQeury, etc. because of slow technological adoption, there will always be hiring even if it means less jobs. COBOL devs didn't give up when Java came out, they learned to adapt to the new technology. People who fail to adapt will be replaced

I would never have the IQ for this, if you have the intelligence to do STEM you are blessed ong

I would never have the IQ for this, if you have the intelligence to do STEM you are blessed ong
just dont be a lazy nigger, cs degree rly isnt hard just takes time. ( source: have cs degree )

• +1
Good point, it's just that you worded it weird the first time.

• +1
Reactions: User28823
its worth it in the long term (in terms of saving money)

• +1
just dont be a lazy nigger, cs degree rly isnt hard just takes time. ( source: have cs degree )
That's what someone with the intelligence to do CS would say. truth is the average IQ of a CS degree holder is about 115 which is about one standard deviation above the 1st world average. Not everyone is capable of something just because you are

• +1
Do you find it considerably more tiring working 7 days a week than 5?
ofc lmfao 7 days is brutal, i know some people that work 13 days straight and this is manual labour not some desk job

• +1
ofc lmfao 7 days is brutal, i know some people that work 13 days straight and this is manual labour not some desk job
Working is fun. What other better thing you can do?

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: Prince88, JovenCansao, comingtothisJFL and 1 other person
Wish I did so I wouldn’t feel like a loser on weekends + keeps your busy

• +1
Reactions: Prince88 and JovenCansao
working is terrible as a sub 5 ill get mogged im an autistic victim blud

• So Sad
  • Hmm...
Reactions: JovenCansao and Tylermax
Is it worth it for the little extra income?
I have little friends so I work as much as possible and it’s satisfying and depressing. Such is life.

• +1
working is only fun if you doing it temporarily, year after after is hell

• +1
working is only fun if you doing it temporarily, year after after is hell
Bro what other better thing you have to do? Sleep? Staying in your home pointlessly chilling? Going out with your stupid friends who just blabbing nonsense or perhaps flirt with a chick who's 50% below your IQ? Thank God work exists so I can erase all pointlessness of this life

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies and JovenCansao
no, but this weekend I will be

• Woah
Average swe at faang is not smart at all, they just managed to grind enough leetcode like a monkey to pass the interview. Actual savants go into finance. Also if ur women or minority its 10x easier to get hired at FAANG too so it's just a giant meme

• +1
Average swe at faang is not smart at all, they just managed to grind enough leetcode like a monkey to pass the interview. Actual savants go into finance. Also if ur women or minority its 10x easier to get hired at FAANG too so it's just a giant meme
i doubt it average IQ of CS degree holder is 115+ IQ, they may have grinded but the point is they are smart enough to know how and what to grind, somebody with an avg IQ or lower would struggle in STEM and the IQ scores of those with degrees reflects that.

• +1
no, but this weekend I will be
Only this weekend? From I've seen you work a corpo job that pays a lot, but it's in China so it must be hell having Chinese work culture.

Only this weekend? From I've seen you work a corpo job that pays a lot, but it's in China so it must be hell having Chinese work culture.
I dont need to adhere to the Asian work culture luckily

• +1
Reactions: The Thinker and JovenCansao

What do you work as? Software engineering?

I dont need to adhere to the Asian work culture luckily
Asian work culture is counterproductive. It's about looking busy, and impressing superiors, instead of actually getting things done. This is why the USA mogs Asia in terms of innovation, and corporate profits.

Asian work culture is counterproductive. It's about looking busy, and impressing superiors, instead of actually getting things done. This is why the USA mogs Asia in terms of innovation, and corporate profits.
200 IQ

i dont work ever