warning- dangers of antibiotics and accutane

N

nobodyspecial369

Bronze
i wanted to help people. an ounce of prevention is worth 1000 gallons of cure. i’m still suffering from antibiotics related issues a decade later (took doxy doxycycline for over a year) although i’ve done many things that helped mitigate

I have not taken accutane myself but a word of caution for those thinking about it. Both antibiotics and accutane harm the liver.

Please look into other things to try. Please for your own sake to avoid much suffering and ill health avoid long term antibiotics. Even a couple weeks worth of antibiotics can destroy the gut micro biome faster than eating the worst diet for months to years on end.

Ironically a big cause of acne and many health issues today is the overuse of antibiotics. Sadly it’s very difficult to fix and will take a long time. The reason is you destroy (possibly permanently) the GOOD AND BAD gut bacteria

Your gut health is the foundation of your health and your skin

Below are some avoidations

If your gut is damaged from your past, taking antibiotics such as minocycline or doxycycline can fix this very well.
it’s the complete opposite. antibiotics DESTROYS your gut and it takes YEARS to repair. the damage cannot be understated

• Another reason use of antibiotics has come under fire is because study after study has demonstrated that they are not effective. In other words, they don’t work! This is why so many children are on one antibiotic after another, stronger and stronger each time. Sure, many times the infection will go away, but it quickly returns with a vengeance, and so begins the antibiotic roller coaster.
  • The reasons they continually reoccur are twofold: First, antibiotics kill off most bacteria in the body including the helpful ‘good’ bacteria our bodies need. This depletes our children’s natural immune systems, making them vulnerable to many more infections of varying types. Second, antibiotics merely attempt to treat the symptom of ear infections. They do not address the actual cause in the least bit, and therefore the infections return.
Ear Infections and Antibiotics - The Truth Every Parent Should Know - Body Elements Wellness at EncoreBody Elements Wellness at Encore (bodyelementspdx.com)

The underlying cause of Acne is often bad diet and use of Antibiotics , or other medications.
Have you ever used any anabolic steroids?

That in turn causes gut dysbiosis, leaky gut, food intolerance and allergies, that get manifested as acne.

You may be intolerant of something very common in your diet, something you may eat almost everyday or every second day, like sugar, corn syrup, gluten, milk, nuts , some fruits , tomatoes, potatoes , fried oil, orange juice, sulfites , sorbates , nitrites , nitrates , benzoates , citrates , etc ...

When it comes to diet, anything junk and anything unnatural is the cause, by damaging bowel flora, damaging liver, and affecting fat and hormone metabolism.

To cure acne:

- Liver Flush (every 2-4 weeks ) helps liver and helps restoration of the gut flora

- eliminate from your diet everything you are unable to tolerate.

In many of these “Doxycycline ruined my life” posts, there are stories of people with happy, fulfilling lives suffering from severe depression and mental breakdowns after taking doxycycline.
Nausea, vomiting, gas, and diarrhea are doxycycline’s most common long-term side effects. This is because doxycycline does not only affect the harmful bacteria causing infections but also damages the good beneficial bacteria inside your body.

The gut flora is essential for proper digestion and excretion of food. Taking potent antimicrobial drugs like doxycycline causes damage to these good bacteria. This, in turn, causes gastrointestinal symptoms like diarrhea and indigestion.

Fatigue and Malaise

Can doxycycline make you extremely tired? Yes, doxycycline can cause tiredness and fatigue. This can make you feel drowsy and make it difficult to concentrate and do day-to-day tasks.

Systemic side effects of Doxycycline

Gastrointestinal side effects:
Nausea, vomiting
Toothache
Indigestion
Diarrhea
Acidity
Abdominal pain
Heartburn
Glossitis
Esophagitis
Pancreatitis
Inflammatory lesions

Respiratory side effects:
Inflammation of nasopharynx
Sore throat
Sinusitis
Dry cough
Nasal congestion
Bronchitis
Bronchospasm

Dermatological side effects:
Red rash
Dermatitis
Photosensitivity
Blister formation
Skin discoloration
Nail discoloration
Stevens-Johnson syndrome
Genitourinary side effects:
Menstrual cramps
Vaginitis
Vaginal infection
Candidiasis (in women)

Cardiovascular side effects:
Hypertension
Phlebitis
Hepatic side effects:
Increased AST
Hepatitis
Abnormal hepatic function
Hepatotoxicity
Jaundice
Fatty liver degeneration
Musculoskeletal side effects:
Joint pain
Backache
Muscle pain

Psychiatric side effects:
Anxiety
Depression
Confusion
Hallucination
https://wholesomealive.com/doxycycline-ruined-my-life/

doxy gave near blindness and intracranial tension
https://www.allure.com/story/teen-blind-acne-medication-doxycycline/amp

dangerous effects from doxy
https://patient.info/forums/discuss/doxycycline-has-ruined-my-life--655009?page=1#topic-replies

testimonial antibiotics ruined skin
https://www.acne.org/forums/topic/79729-coffee-enema-and-natural-healing-for-acne/

“Hey, I read the rest of your post about the large amount of bacteria in your blood. I am a 20 year old male; ended all antibiotic prescriptions when I was 18 due to the horrific effect it left me. The antibiotics wiped out my entire immune system by it killing the good and bad bacteria. Unfortunately, the bad bacteria grows back very rapidly as the antibiotics lose the effectiveness.”
https://www.healthboards.com/boards/acne/355627-coffee-enema-natural-cures.html

DNR

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: User28823, mlbmogger252, SubhumanForever and 1 other person
I understand that accutane (isotretinoin) and doxycycline can both negatively impact your liver and overall gut health, but using either name in the title and then referring to doxycycline as an antibiotic rather than by name can cause misinterpretation regarding the unwanted side effects of that particular medication, since not a lot of people will know that isotretinoin is not an antibiotic.
Great thread nonetheless, could benefit from a bit of formatting and in being more concise with terminology as aforementioned.

• +1
Reactions: nobodyspecial369