Was this bimax result even worth it?

whiteissuperior

whiteissuperior

Bu to the sinner he gives the task of gathering.

I have a similar development pattern, I feel like this result is shit. Overbite cases always look so much better, but being underbite and downward grown, it feels like nothing can fix that. Thoughts? @Over

I feel like your expectations are way too high for what can be achieved through bimax. She clearly looks better from the side. He impacted her enough, maybe he could've pushed for slightly more but then there's the argument that it would lead to loss of support for the soft tissues. Alfaro also made her OP flat, if he goes negative degrees OP then she'd run the risk of looking more masculine from the front.

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, crosshold and Deleted member 4054
I feel like your expectations are way too high for what can be achieved through bimax. She clearly looks better from the side. He impacted her enough, maybe he could've pushed for slightly more but then there's the argument that it would lead to loss of support for the soft tissues. Alfaro also made her OP flat, if he goes negative degrees OP then she'd run the risk of looking more masculine from the front.
Its the facial length thats the problem. Like her long face syndrome wasnt fixed. When I see overbite long face patients they look great. Underbite not so mycg

Its the facial length thats the problem. Like her long face syndrome wasnt fixed. When I see overbite long face patients they look great. Underbite not so mycg
I agree with you, just by looking at her face I'd class her as a long face although I have no idea about how to measure the facial sections etc. but to me the facial sections look equally long. I don't know what else Alfaro could've done to achieve a "better" result. Probably the best he could produce with the face he was presented.

It's a good result given her starting point. She had a decent maxillary advancement, pretty large ccw rotation, and a shortening genio. Not much more he coulda done.

It's a good result given her starting point. She had a decent maxillary advancement, pretty large ccw rotation, and a shortening genio. Not much more he coulda done.
Which is what bothers me. Much more can be done for overbite cases it seems.

How would she even go about making her face look more harmonious

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer

I have a similar development pattern, I feel like this result is shit. Overbite cases always look so much better, but being underbite and downward grown, it feels like nothing can fix that. Thoughts? @Over

over for her, she needs her whole skull surgically broken down and reassembled

Beztytuu
2572916_images_94.jpeg

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2729, PubertyMaxxer and Deleted member 2816