Went to a mosque lmao

G

GuyFromSingapore

It's all fun games until someone gets punched
IMG 20221214 131903

Afternoon prayer.

Did Salat. Did not know how to do Rakat, just copied people around me.

There was a "White" guy beside me.

I spoke to him afterwards, I asked him "are you Dagestani?" He said yes. We went out the mosque and I spoke to him a little more. He said he was looking for a room to rent and said he his lease would be over tomorrow. He said he was on a tourist visa and looking for a job. He asked me my name, I panicked and said "Syed" lmao. We exchanged numbers. As we were leaving he said "jazakhallah Khair", I muttered back the same thing.

I feel very bad for him to be honest.

Seemed like a nice guy. I hope he gets a room and a decent job.

@TRUE_CEL

The Kali temple opposite was full of tourists in comparison and they don't leave it open.

• JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Michael Myers and BrahminBoss
I did not expect this post. But you don't have to LARP as Muslim to get in there, you can just visit and it wouldn't have been a problem. Also, pretty odd how a Dagestani ended up in Singa-frickin-pore. How does that even happen? Mosque looks nice and clean. What made you decide to go there?

• +1
Reactions: Baldingman1998
I did not expect this post. But you don't have to LARP as Muslim to get in there, you can just visit and it wouldn't have been a problem. Also, pretty odd how a Dagestani ended up in Singa-frickin-pore. How does that even happen? Mosque looks nice and clean. What made you decide to go there?

Dude there's like White people, Koreans and even Black people in Singapore.

All mosques in Singapore are very well maintained.

Yeah Dagestan is very rural and isolated. Kinda weird thinking about it.

I was praying in the Kali temple which had many White, Chink and Filipino tourists. I walked out and came back but it was closed so decided to pray at the Mosque.

Was like 85% Curry and 15% Malay. Only one Chinese convert(I think) who was wearing sleeveless and this Dagestani "White" guy beside me during Salah.

Rule #1 always do spirituality with a community of believers because it's unlikely that you will practice on your own.

• +1
Reactions: Michael Myers
DE6764F4 FC56 41FC 94DD 800C9962E765

536DF0EF FA8D 4477 AF3B CB32F68C8669

• WTF
Reactions: GuyFromSingapore
Dude there's like White people, Koreans and even Black people in Singapore.

All mosques in Singapore are very well maintained.

Yeah Dagestan is very rural and isolated. Kinda weird thinking about it.

I was praying in the Kali temple which had many White, Chink and Filipino tourists. I walked out and came back but it was closed so decided to pray at the Mosque.

Was like 85% Curry and 15% Malay. Only one Chinese convert(I think) who was wearing sleeveless and this Dagestani "White" guy beside me during Salah.

Rule #1 always do spirituality with a community of believers because it's unlikely that you will practice on your own.
Yes I know Singapore is a mixed country but it's usually Asians there, not Dagestanis. So that's why it's surprising to me. Actually not all Chinese are converts.. plenty of Chinese Muslims who have been that for centuries lol... not talking just about Uyghurs. Good thing you wrote "white" after Dagestani since Caucasus people don't like to be called white. Some even go as far to say they aren't European. :feelskek: