What are legit signs of stunted growth?

J

Jigen

Kraken
Like ideally I want answers from people who were clinically stunted or 100% know that they may have had their growth stunted. Not some 5’10 15 year old aspie whose nOt sIx FeEt TaLl…. I’m looking for serious answers here. Growing up my BMI was 14-15 until puberty when it became 16-18 after I started shoplifting candy and food to survive. I’m 20 now and 175-176cm tall which isn’t really short per se. But I have extraordinarily long extremities for my height, 21cm hands, size 11.5-12 US shoe, 90th percentile tibial length, but my femur is like avg sized and noticeably short compared to my lower leg bone, also my torso is really short. And since the spine sees increased growth before puberty, I wonder if I stunted the growth by torso. Or at I just coping and I’m at my destined height?

short torso long legs, telltale sign of stunted growth.

• Woah
  • Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: SkullDynamics, MagaPutinism, brucel and 3 others
Bowed legs means Vitamin D deficiency in some cases.

Like ideally I want answers from people who were clinically stunted or 100% know that they may have had their growth stunted. Not some 5’10 15 year old aspie whose nOt sIx FeEt TaLl…. I’m looking for serious answers here. Growing up my BMI was 14-15 until puberty when it became 16-18 after I started shoplifting candy and food to survive. I’m 20 now and 175-176cm tall which isn’t really short per se. But I have extraordinarily long extremities for my height, 21cm hands, size 11.5-12 US shoe, 90th percentile tibial length, but my femur is like avg sized and noticeably short compared to my lower leg bone, also my torso is really short. And since the spine sees increased growth before puberty, I wonder if I stunted the growth by torso. Or at I just coping and I’m at my destined height?
I'm not sure you having long legs is conclusive evidence of your growth having been stunted as everyone has different proportions. I didn't eat that well growing up and ended up having long femurs compared to my tibias and a normal torso for example. However if you were malnourished growing up as you have implied there is a chance you did not live up to your full height potential. It doesn't really matter at this point though.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1901 and Jigen
I'm not sure you having long legs is conclusive evidence of your growth having been stunted as everyone has different proportions. I didn't eat that well growing up and ended up having long femurs compared to my tibias and a normal torso for example. However if you were malnourished growing up as you have implied there is a chance you did not live up to your full height potential. It doesn't really matter at this point though.
True, there’s no point in dwelling over it now. My leg growth plates are closed anyways. Hopefully I can get 2-3 more cm in the spine at least.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21048
i have 34 inch inseam and 5 9 didnt grow since 13 and im 17 im the most autistic built guy here

Having large inseam, having large wingspan in relation to height,

• +1
Reactions: SkullDynamics
can you elab as to why? really curious to know.
i just remember my elementary school nurse saying that, when i asked her about stunted growth. what was the sign, and she said that.

• +1
Reactions: brucel
Stunted growth isn’t a real thing unless you spent puberty in a concentration camp. Genetics will always win. All of the people i grew up with were pudgy, slept late, ate a bunch of sugary processed foods and still ended up tall. As did I. It’s in the genes.

• +1
Reactions: Sexually Disabled
It's very unlikely that you've stunted your growth since stunning occurs when you've legitimately been starved for an extended period of time.

Also your torso is short because you're probably black.

• +1
Reactions: dimorphism and Jigen
It's just genetics but this is a looksmaxxing forum so you are supposed to cheat ur genes

Stunted growth isn’t a real thing unless you spent puberty in a concentration camp. Genetics will always win. All of the people i grew up with were pudgy, slept late, ate a bunch of sugary processed foods and still ended up tall. As did I. It’s in the genes.
Genes matter you’re right about that. I think I may have been stunted because my predicted height based on my childhood height and BMI was 2-3 inches shorter than the height I’m currently at. Also just because someone grew to 6’2 doesn’t mean they weren’t stunted. What if their actual growth potential was like 6’5?

So why are less developed countries shorter on average? Is it because people are getting starved throughout adolescence and bring down the average? I would assume most people in underdeveloped countries are not being starved but just not eating adequately so maybe you don’t have to be full on starved to stunt your height. Genuinely curious, don’t really know myself…

• +1
Reactions: Jigen
So why are less developed countries shorter on average? Is it because people are getting starved throughout adolescence and bring down the average? I would assume most people in underdeveloped countries are not being starved but just not eating adequately so maybe you don’t have to be full on starved to stunt your height. Genuinely curious, don’t really know myself…
It’s because living off of 700-900 calories during puberty is the norm in developing countries. You need nutrition of course but in america where a bag of doriots is like 900 calories is more than enough for growth.

It’s because living off of 700-900 calories during puberty is the norm in developing countries. You need nutrition of course but in america where a bag of doriots is like 900 calories is more than enough for growth.
You need calcium, protein, carbs to grow, not crappy food.

It's very unlikely that you've stunted your growth since stunning occurs when you've legitimately been starved for an extended period of time.

I’m 5’11 and both of my brothers are 6ft am I stunted? because I had bad anorexia at 10 or 9 years old for about 6 months( I stopped because I fainted ) I wasn’t extremely skinny after just pale and skinny but ever since 6 years ago I’ve eaten good exercised and got sunlight and ate a lot could I have been taller I am 16 my older brothers 18+ and when growth stunts do you keep growing where you left off or do you skip the growth you where stunted?

I’m 5’11 and both of my brothers are 6ft am I stunted? because I had bad anorexia at 10 or 9 years old for about 6 months( I stopped because I fainted ) I wasn’t extremely skinny after just pale and skinny but ever since 6 years ago I’ve eaten good exercised and got sunlight and ate a lot could I have been taller I am 16 my older brothers 18+ and when growth stunts do you keep growing where you left off or do you skip the growth you where stunted?

I’m 5’11 and both of my brothers are 6ft am I stunted? because I had bad anorexia at 10 or 9 years old for about 6 months( I stopped because I fainted ) I wasn’t extremely skinny after just pale and skinny but ever since 6 years ago I’ve eaten good exercised and got sunlight and ate a lot could I have been taller I am 16 my older brothers 18+

• +1
Probably not.

No you’re still young and can grow a few inches. I wouldn’t panic yet.

No you’re still young and can grow a few inches. I wouldn’t panic yet.
Mb it keep saying server unresponsive I was about to off myself to cause I couldn’t get over how that mistake ruined my growth im failing all my classes but ima get my grades up now since im not stunted

• JFL
Mb it keep saying server unresponsive I was about to off myself to cause I couldn’t get over how that mistake ruined my growth im failing all my classes but ima get my grades up now since im not stunted
even if you were stunted, you still made it to 5’11 which is a solid height. Don’t screw up your life worrying over these things that you have no control over. Cortisol spikes from all the stress WILL stunt any further growth you have remaining. Enjoy your youth.

You’ll have to wait and see if you grow, you have until 19-22.
i remember I grew continuously and normally until I was 14 I had growth spurt does this mean anything?

I’m 5’11 and both of my brothers are 6ft am I stunted? because I had bad anorexia at 10 or 9 years old for about 6 months( I stopped because I fainted ) I wasn’t extremely skinny after just pale and skinny but ever since 6 years ago I’ve eaten good exercised and got sunlight and ate a lot could I have been taller I am 16 my older brothers 18+ and when growth stunts do you keep growing where you left off or do you skip the growth you where stunted? I’m Mexican too