what are movies that have depth without being pretentious

wollet2

wollet2

Kraken
i feel like there are no such movies, all things are already known, movies conclude to a simple thing

ie you wont learn something new or see things a different way

black mirror

i still watch many movies but not for my perception to change or to learn sth new (except if its some hard fact which nobody cares about)

i feel like there are no such movies, all things are already known, movies conclude to a simple thing

ie you wont learn something new or see things a different way

• So Sad
Reactions: RAITEIII
Pretentiousness is subjective, but check out Momento.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, JimmyDreamsOfZygos and wollet2
Pretentiousness is subjective, but check out Momento.
memento? ive seen that. dont remember almost anything besides main plot but i liked it

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14693 and lungisani
movies are just for entertainment, jfl if you pretend to learn something from them. the authors are just as much of dumb fucks as us.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: SunniMogger, Deleted member 14693, Deleted member 5815 and 5 others
movies are just for entertainment, jfl if you pretend to learn something from them. the authors are just as much of dumb fucks as us.
ye although i assume a movie can change the way you view things and that can also be enjoyable

still if you enjoy a movie it was worth watching

• +1
Reactions: SunniMogger, Danish_Retard, JimmyDreamsOfZygos and 1 other person
memento? ive seen that. dont remember almost anything besides main plot but i liked it
What about "Falling down" ? A certified classic.

I'll compile a thoughtout list today and get it to you.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and wollet2
  • +1
Reactions: lungisani
predestination, the machinist, they live, matrix, ncfom

• +1
Reactions: Gonna KMS and wollet2
With all due respect, that's the most retarded thing I've ever heard.

• +1
Reactions: Salieri, Danish_Retard, Deleted member 4430 and 1 other person
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: SunniMogger and wollet2
havent seen that.
You'll definitely love it. It's a "spiraling out of control" type movie. I love films where characters lose their minds.

Also check out Vampire's kiss. It's been memed , but it's a great film. Also a "character going crazy film".

• +1
keep basing reality on some oldcel's fantasy bro lol
i often see so much potential in a film then remember its just a human probably deluisonal too that thought it it he will fuck up in the end or ye. i would fuck up too

concluding is the hardest thing cuz thats mostly where u have to make/solidify a point or not

• JFL
Reactions: the BULL
probably most of Kubrick's works tho

Twilight Zone (film and series)

• +1
Reactions: wollet2
probably most of Kubrick's works tho
the shining, clockwork and 2001?

i have only seen the shining liked it (i guess), fell hard asleep in 2001 and havent seen clockwork but i guess it will be better than 2001

nvm i thought the post was saying kubricks trilogy and googled that

keep basing reality on some oldcel's fantasy bro lol
Gaining philosophical perspective from a film automatically means I'm basing my reality on it?

Also how would you even know the entertainment I engage in is written by oldcels , could be black empowerment or female driven for all you know.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and Deleted member 18603
Gaining philosophical perspective from a film automatically means I'm basing my reality on it?

Also how would you even know the entertainment I engage in is written by oldcels , could be black empowerment or female driven for all you know.
yes, you must think all the thoughts by yourself. i don't give a shit about what aristotele and platone said let alone some movie writer. it happens that i already thought some of their thoughts and sometimes i did not, if i didn't it means it isn't something relevant in my life.

• JFL
Twilight Zone (film and series)
i love this macabre, weird, dystopian, suffocating emotion they manage to make you feel sometimes, depends on the episode like black mirror but ive only seen like 4 twz episodes

la cabina (1972) is a short movie with similar theme, one of my favourites

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18603
predestination, the machinist, they live, matrix, ncfom
literally the definition of pretentious movie although this does not apply to the matrix, because behind it there is really a lot of work and a lot of philosophy, inspirational sources.

• +1
Reactions: Moggie, Deleted member 5892 and Danish_Retard
literally the definition of pretentious movie although this does not apply to the matrix, because behind it there is really a lot of work and a lot of philosophy, inspirational sources.

even the machinist?

movies under 2 hours have no depth no story telling

just a quick a to b plot

predestination is in my watch list, i liked the machinist and its aesthetic - its a unique movie, they live is my favourite carpenter movie maybe bcuz i watched it young and i dont like his movies but i dont think its pretentious his idea is clear even if he is a conspiracycel, the matrix entered mainstream thought and affected it so rly good movies, i dont remember much from ncfom but it didnt bore me

movies under 2 hours have no depth no story telling

just a quick a to b plot
eli roth's movies are under 2 hours and some of my favourites. theyre so fun

goat

most horror films are short

yes, you must think all the thoughts by yourself. i don't give a shit about what aristotele and platone said let alone some movie writer. it happens that i already thought some of their thoughts and sometimes i did not, if i didn't it means it isn't something relevant in my life.
You don't exist in a vacuum. Your thoughts are always influenced by other factors.

• Woah
Reactions: Dr SmalCox
define depth. narratively, you don't have much of a chance to find something new or inspiring in mainstream films, and I don't think you'd want to watch an experimental film that operates with editing, camerawork, music......

if we talk about the plot, probably the film with the most content in terms of certain allusions, history, pop culture, reference is watchmen, but even with that, we can argue that it's actually just crap that is overcombined with stylized content.

• +1
Reactions: wollet2 and Danish_Retard
"A genetically inferior man assumes the identity of a superior one in order to pursue his lifelong dream of space travel."

Gattca is probably one of he best movies ever made if you're blackpilled.

• JFL
Reactions: Dr SmalCox and wollet2
"A genetically inferior man assumes the identity of a superior one in order to pursue his lifelong dream of space travel."

will watch. jfl

if you just want films that somehow inspire you emotionally or by interest, then start watching more non-English spoken films, older foreign films.

Most movies are always inspired by something that was created before, whether it's a movie, a book, a poem, a painting, music, whatever, if you watch a movie like that, it should continue to inspire you.

what movies will inspire me to ldar

• JFL
Reactions: Danish_Retard
and if you just want something to change your life, it won't happen probably.

But I can recommend you It's a Wonderful Life from 1946, which changed my life in some ways when I saw it because I experienced something similar to the main character

• +1
Wdy mean by pretentious ? A movie which pretends to be profound but actually isn't ?
In that case Kubrick's movies are pretentious as fuck. Basically, Kubrick is an extreme nihilist and he hates humans...
that's his whole philosophy. There's nothing profound.
The matrix is also imo pretentious (although I like it because it's fun to watch).
Cronenberg's movies however are really profound and essays could be written abt them

• JFL
Reactions: wollet2 and Deleted member 18603
Wdy mean by pretentious ? A movie which pretends to be profound but actually isn't ?
In that case Kubrick's movies are pretentious as fuck. Basically, Kubrick is an extreme nihilist and he hates humans...
that's his whole philosophy. There's nothing profound.

cope

The matrix is also imo pretentious (although I like it because it's fun to watch).
Cronenberg's movies however are really profound and essays could be written abt them

this is a pretentious opinion, fagget. matrix is one of the most deep, important movies ever, keep coping

how to not be pretentious according to the retards above step.1 be a contrarian even if unnecessary (dislike anything mainstream) 2. be overly reductionist to movies you don't like 3. talk about personal (aka only meaningful to you) movies (particularly old, that gains basedboy points)

cope

this is a pretentious opinion, fagget. matrix is one of the most deep, important movies ever, keep coping
calm down nigger, matrix isnt deep

• JFL
how to not be pretentious according to the retards above step.1 be a contrarian even if unnecessary (dislike anything mainstream) 2. be overly reductionist to movies you don't like 3. talk about personal (aka only meaningful to you) movies (particularly old, that gains basedboy points)
JFL what a pretentious comment. Its not abt a movie being mainstream or not.
2001 is a boring film with no depth. Matrix is just a cool film with nice special effects theres nothing deep in it lmao

3. talk about personal (aka only meaningful to you) movies (particularly old, that gains basedboy points)

Cronenberg has done recent movies (Cosmopolis, history of violence) and respected classics (The fly). Idk what uve been smoking boyo

• +1
  • JFL
calm down nigger, matrix isnt deep
Matrix is just a cool film with nice special effects theres nothing deep in it lmao

cope, tbh. the pills are an analogy and even influenced the core culture of psl, and the matrix itself is an allegory to the programming we live in (Plato's cave). again, honestly if you can't extract any deep massage from the matrix then you're an npc, it's a profound documentary really

try again agent smith

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 5892
Stop watching shitty Hollywood movies and go for some indie ones. Theres a ton of people out there with talent who don't get their shine smh

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18244
cope, tbh. the pills are an analogy and even influenced the core culture of psl, and the matrix itself is an allegory to the programming we live in (Plato's cave). again, honestly if you can't extract any deep massage from the matrix then you're an npc, it's a profound documentary really

try again agent smith View attachment 1819334
jfl ofc I know what the movie's about. The whole trilogy is also abt questions related to free will.
But look nigga you must be 12 years old if you think that's profound
And I actually really like the movie, it's enjoyable. But profound ? No.
''Existenz'' and ''Dark City'' are based on the same topic, but unlike The matrix they go much further

• JFL
catch me if you can

my fav movie of all time

Jersey Shore What GIF

here are some good movies id recommend to anyone struggling to find some deep meaningful cinema, these movies have touched my soul and altogether are just a collection of cinematic masterpieces anyone will enjoy.
Topsters22
@Curry Suicide @MentalcelTyronelite

Last edited:
  • +1
jfl ofc I know what the movie's about. The whole trilogy is also abt questions related to free will.
But look nigga you must be 12 years old if you think that's profound
And I actually really like the movie, it's enjoyable. But profound ? No.
''Existenz'' and ''Dark City'' are based on the same topic, but unlike The matrix they go much further

ofc it's profound you fegget, profundity doesn't depend on age or your worldview, it's obvious that ur an anti intellectual cynical cocksucker

i bet the first time u watched the matrix u couldn't even figure out why the movie was good, but then u grow up and watch the movie thousands of time and start saying 'its just a muh fancy movie with le cooooll effects' like the reductionist utter fagget u are as if its a good point against the depths of the movie

• JFL
Reactions: wollet2 and Deleted member 5892
ofc it's profound you fegget, profundity doesn't depend on age or your worldview, it's obvious that ur an anti intellectual cynical cocksucker

i bet the first time u watched the matrix u couldn't even figure out why the movie was good, but then u grow up and watch the movie thousands of time and start saying 'its just a muh fancy movie with le cooooll effects' like the reductionist utter fagget u are as if its a good point against the depths of the movie
intellectual cynical cocksucker - says the kubrick fan

You can't even use real arguments, you're just being a condescending prick ''muh you can't understand LE matrix because it's so based the pills influenced muh incel community and it says that we're all slaves to the system'' ok stfu nigger you're low IQ that's why you're so easily impressed by this shallow movie

Of course I can reduce the whole movie's philosophy very simply. Plato's allegory of the cave, Jean Baudrillard's philosophy, the Matrix addressed these subjects in a shallow manner. It's not me being a reductionist, it's just that the movie is really simple and lacks profundity. It's simple asf to understand and if you need 10 viewings in order to understand it you're a low IQ nigger

If the matrix was profound, it would've managed to make me think abt profound shit, but it didnt. The simulation hypothesis/brain in a vat theory isn mainstream pseudo-intellectual philosophy for the most part. The question of free will is way more interesting but like I said, the matrix doesn't go into depth into this subject (except maybe for the 3rd matrix but I'm talking abt the 1st one).

• JFL
View attachment LillyWachowski.webp
btw ure literally worshipping a movie made by 2 tranny abominations.
The matrix movie was originally a trans metaphor.

Funny GIF

These so called ''woke'' people who fought against social dogmas are literally brainwashed by the LGBTQ nigger jew lobby
@wizard master

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 18603
You can't even use real arguments, you're just being a condescending prick ''muh you can't understand LE matrix because it's so based the pills influenced muh incel community and it says that we're all slaves to the system'' ok stfu nigger you're low IQ that's why you're so easily impressed by this shallow movie

nah fegget it's you who can't, i already nailed down your entire argument to pure reductionism

Of course I can reduce the whole movie's philosophy very simply. Plato's allegory of the cave, Jean Baudrillard's philosophy, the Matrix addressed these subjects in a shallow manner. It's not me being a reductionist, it's just that the movie is really simple and lacks profundity. It's simple asf to understand and if you need 10 viewings in order to understand it you're a low IQ nigger

pictorially? yes the movie is impressive especially for the date it was produced. philosophically? yes it's impressive because there weren't movies akin to The Matrix at all

If the matrix was profound, it would've managed to make me think abt profound shit, but it didnt. The simulation hypothesis/brain in a vat theory isn mainstream pseudo-intellectual philosophy for the most part. The question of free will is way more interesting but like I said, the matrix doesn't go into depth into this subject (except maybe for the 3rd matrix but I'm talking abt the 1st one).

it wasn't mainstream back then either, again i nailed down your points. you watched the movie multiple times, got accustomed to it and of course the the subjects discussed gained popularity, so you dropped it with a reductionist etiquette on it because muh mainstream

View attachment 1819460
btw ure literally worshipping a movie made by 2 tranny abominations.
The matrix movie was originally a trans metaphor.

These so called ''woke'' people who fought against social dogmas are literally brainwashed by the LGBTQ nigger jew lobby
@wizard master

everything is seen through troon and politically correct lenses nowadays you retard. they even tried to say SpongeBob was a homosexual character, does that make SpongeBob a homosexual character? no. you're gasping at straws dude, i could take any old movie and interpret as whatever nonsensical faggotry i want to, but it doesn't make it real. there are zero trans in the movie btw

• +1