what are movies that have depth without being pretentious

Didn't read a single post but synecdoche new york is good
I don't want to recommend older films because people shit on them

• +1
Reactions: wollet2
nah fegget it's you who can't, i already nailed down your entire argument to pure reductionism

pictorially? yes the movie is impressive especially for the date it was produced. philosophically? yes it's impressive because there weren't movies akin to The Matrix at all

it wasn't mainstream back then either, again i nailed down your points. you watched the movie multiple times, got accustomed to it and of course the the subjects discussed gained popularity, so you dropped it with a reductionist etiquette on it because muh mainstream

everything is seen through troon and politically correct lenses nowadays you retard. they even tried to say SpongeBob was a homosexual character, does that make SpongeBob a homosexual character? no. you're gasping at straws dude, i could take any old movie and interpret as whatever nonsensical faggotry i want to, but it doesn't make it real. there are zero trans in the movie btw
YEah there was a movie like the matrix (which challenges our definition of reality) - dark city, a year before. It doesn't talk abt AI or any fancy stuff that's why it wasn't praised like the matrix
And like I said, the simulation theory and AI taking the control of our world wasn't invented by the Wachowski brothers.
Btw NEW doesn't mean philosophically profound, because philosophically speaking it's NOT profound at all. It doesn't make you think deeply and it doesn't intellectually challenge the viewers.

And no it's not bc of that, some mainstream movies are actually profound (Fight Club)

Switch, the character in the movie was a fucking tranny. It's a tranny allegory, just accept it. THE FILM MAKERS ARE TRANNIES AND SAID IT THEMSELVES BUT KEEP COPING

• JFL
Reactions: wollet2 and Deleted member 18603
And like I said, the simulation theory and AI taking the control of our world wasn't invented by the Wachowski brothers.

it's still one of the basis, i mean you can trace most things back to antiquity doesn't mean there can't be a new light to it

Btw NEW doesn't mean philosophically profound, because philosophically speaking it's NOT profound at all. It doesn't make you think deeply and it doesn't intellectually challenge the viewers.

i didn't imply that, it was a counterargument to your constant push of mainstream = bad when it only gained popularity recently which is why it's mainstream/popular in the first place

and yeah it does intellectually challenge the normie cattle and Neo does relate to people who are constantly fighting agent smiths/npcs

And no it's not bc of that, some mainstream movies are actually profound (Fight Club)

yeah but how's that Movie deeper than The Matrix?

Switch, the character in the movie was a fucking tranny. It's a tranny allegory, just accept it.

why because she's le androgynous?

it's still one of the basis, i mean you can trace most things back to antiquity doesn't mean there can't be a new light to it

i didn't imply that, it was a counterargument to your constant push of mainstream = bad when it only gained popularity recently

and yeah it does intellectually challenge the normie cattle and Neo does relate to people who are constantly fighting agent smiths/npcs

yeah but how's that Movie deeper than The Matrix?

why because she's le androgynous?

The matrix did not bring a new light to Jean Baudrillard's philosophy, it just mixed it with modern concepts like Artificial intelligence, modern capitalism/technology, which is imo not particularly profound or brilliant but you have the right to disagree. I can think of other movies which talk abt the same thing but go into more details + are more interesting. But it's still a nice film to watch, like I said, because it's a cyberpunk flick

The thing that I enjoy abt The matrix is that it's well executed. But I'm sorry, it's not a mind bending movie.
No, it deludes pretentious normie npcs with a superiority complex into thinking that they are like Neo fighting the system. The truth is that, everyone is a slave to the system (except a tiny fucking minority which control the world and you're not a part of it). And even more, Neo is a good looking main character living a cool adventure, unlike 99.999% of people (and it's a fucking movie btw). So yeah I guess that it appeals to deluded bluepilled niggers, just like the ppl who relate to Light Yagami from Death note

Bc it makes you think, while watching The matrix is more like watching Transformers

No because the directors literally said it. They said that Switch was a fucking trans bc theyre nigger trannies themselves

• JFL
Reactions: wollet2 and Deleted member 18603
The matrix did not bring a new light to Jean Baudrillard's philosophy, it just mixed it with modern concepts like Artificial intelligence, modern capitalism/technology, which is imo not particularly profound or brilliant but you have the right to disagree. I can think of other movies which talk abt the same thing but go into more details + are more interesting. But it's still a nice film to watch, like I said, because it's a cyberpunk flick

The thing that I enjoy abt The matrix is that it's well executed. But I'm sorry, it's not a mind bending movie.

ok

No, it deludes pretentious normie npcs with a superiority complex into thinking that they are like Neo fighting the system. The truth is that, everyone is a slave to the system (except a tiny fucking minority which control the world and you're not a part of it). And even more, Neo is a good looking main character living a cool adventure, unlike 99.999% of people (and it's a fucking movie btw). So yeah I guess that it appeals to deluded bluepilled niggers, just like the ppl who relate to Light Yagami from Death note

Bc it makes you think, while watching The matrix is more like watching Transformers

No because the directors literally said it. They said that Switch was a fucking trans bc theyre nigger trannies themselves

this is cope dude, normies are retarded npcs and they destroy every single good underground culture or community (the internet, videogames, chans, anime, et cetera). it just is true, they're retards and poisonous. they wouldn't relate to Neo they would relate to Cypher

and yeah light yagami is cringe, but L is based

Last edited: