What are the acceptable ranges for the chin to philtrum ratio?

V

Vasco

Iron
I'm not talking about ideals here, but what is deemed to be acceptable outside of the ideal range(s)?

Personally I have a chin that is 50mms tall with a philtrum that is 18mms long (it's extremely concave). around 2.6-2.7 the last time I checked.

So the reason for this thread is to ask what is the maximum or minimum that you can go for the chin to philtrum ratio. What is too high or too low to be accepted?

It's within acceptable range but on the taller side. Not much of a concern unless your chin is pointy and narrow

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32 and Vasco
It's within acceptable range but on the taller side. Not much of a concern unless your chin is pointy and narrow
Well it's square, tall and wide like Sean O'Pry's.

Would it be okay to trim 2-3mms off of it? Ratio-wise?

• +1
Reactions: StrangerDanger
Well it's square, tall and wide like Sean O'Pry's.

Would it be okay to trim 2-3mms off of it? Ratio-wise?
Since it's on the higher end you can trim it down I guess, if it improves your harmony but I doubt there would be any major improvement

Off of the philtrum?
Oh you mean the philtrum
I don't know, that could be risky. Your ratio would get further from the ideal but you would have to judge yourself whether the tradeoff is an improvent or not

• +1
Reactions: Vasco
Oh you mean the philtrum
I don't know, that could be risky. Your ratio would get further from the ideal but you would have to judge yourself whether the tradeoff is an improvent or not
Thank you.

• +1
Reactions: StrangerDanger