What are the benefits of the chin wing?

fOreVER

fOreVER

Transchad
I am guessing it helps with ramus length and gonial angle but wouldn’t it look strange or off putting if you increase the gonial angle this way

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4614
Side Wing osteotomy is better to increase ramus lenght according to @Guest

I am guessing it helps with ramus length and gonial angle but wouldn’t it look strange or off putting if you increase the gonial angle this way
the only legit way to increase gonial angle is counter clockwise rotation Lefort 1.
changing your gonial angle with implants or chin wing will place your jaw angle below the mouth and this is a terrible looksmin.
do you remember the guy turned by Eppley into Buzz LightYear?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Guest and Deleted member 656
the only legit way to increase gonial angle is counter clockwise rotation Lefort 1.
changing your gonial angle with implants or chin wing will placr your jaw angle below the mouth and this is a terrible looksmin.
do you remember the guy turned by Eppley into Buzz LightYear?
Seems like ccw rotatio + le fort 1 + bsso is the ultimate ascension. I am also thinking about zso. I like how massive cheekbones look.

Side wing looks legit
 20190903 121842

• +1
Reactions: middayshowers, Deleted member 2969 and Lorsss
The amount of angling / ramus lengtening is customized to the patients needs. You don't even necessarily need to do any ramus lengthening at all if your ramus height and jaw angle is already fine.

I don't think my angles look strange from chin wing, although I could have benefited from lefort for other reasons.