what are the common issues that arise with lack of forward growth on mandible?

bobsmith03

bobsmith03

Diamond
my maxilla is well developed. mandible (gonion to mid chin) is long, around 12.7cm. But I suffer from downward growth:

This makes my chin less projected, but is there any other things that happen due to downgrowth? Does it effect cheekbones, infraorbitals?

this post I made also has details on my gonial angle, ramus length etc. I will post here also.

"right ramus length from under cheekbone to gonion: 6.5cm. right ramus ear to gonion: 4cm
left ramus length from under cheekbone to gonion: 5.5cm. left ramus ear to gonion: 3cm

my right gonial angle is 115 deg. left is 125 deg.

Now the angle from my horizontal plane to mandible on right side is 30 deg. left side is 40deg. this is so brutal it breaks my jaws. along with my shit chin which is not projected enough. Im pretty sure chin and this angle is connected, so me getting genio wont fix this issue it will just make me look like a moon."

correction** right side is 125, left side is even more like 130-135

basically how do I decrease this angle? From my downgrowth, what other areas of my face do I need to look at and determine If I need to fix? is a hook nose caused by downgrowth, recessed infraorbital, lack of projected zygos etc.

my maxilla is well developed. mandible (gonion to mid chin) is long, around 12.7cm. But I suffer from downward growth:

View attachment 2455299

This makes my chin less projected, but is there any other things that happen due to downgrowth? Does it effect cheekbones, infraorbitals?
12.7 is a long ass mandible, oh nvm it's to mid chin that's still pretty good tho, downgrowth fucks up your orbitals, cheekbones, midface ratio, midface length, and overall jaw and cheekbone width

12.7 is a long ass mandible, oh nvm it's to mid chin that's still pretty good tho, downgrowth fucks up your orbitals, cheekbones, midface ratio, midface length, and overall jaw and cheekbone width
yeah legit what you said are my flaws. i lack projected zygos (my zygo width is fine), i have hollow eyes/tear trough, my midface is long (however my ratios are equal idk how that works).

what surgery to fix downward growth of mandible if my mandible is long, maxilla is forward grown?

how do I fix downward growth completely? bimax doesn't fix all. I'm 20, hard mewing, what other natural process can I do that will fix the root cause

do you know what type of bimax? ccw or cw, what variant
ccw to rotate the lower maxilla and mandible up and forward, then you wanna do some implants for the orbitals and midface, and probably the mandible too since a very downgrown jaw is usually narrow asf

• +1
Reactions: bobsmith03
ccw to rotate the lower maxilla and mandible up and forward, then you wanna do some implants for the orbitals and midface, and probably the mandible too since a very downgrown jaw is usually narrow asf
what if your maxilla is fine and forward grown. my mandible is also wide and not narrow. My downward growth is genetic from my father, but my maxilla is good. that's probably why mewing didn't do anything for me

can incisor chewing give you ccw?