What are the cons of face mask?

ChristianChad

ChristianChad

Kraken
I have the option of getting an Ortho face mask treatment. Likely won't do shit as I turned 17 recently but figured why the fuck not. It doesn't treat my problem but it may fix my bite which is the main problem, the solution the Ortho proposes for my main problem is extraction. I figure I will just use the face mask (ez Ortho treatment, still costs a shit ton though... But my mother is willing to pay), and solve the other problem via surgery when I'm an adult (my problem is narrow causing my teeth to come forward, like a roof).

Basically I have the option of getting face mask treatment, and I'm still young so it has a small chance of having an effect as the maxilla may still move a bit (movement steeply declines after 14-15..., By 17 probably will do jack shit)

I'm just wondering if maybe I should hold out. Beside saving money, can it cause problems at the root of the teeth at the anchor point?Can it restrict CCW? Will it even have an effect at 17? Will it retard lower the jaw?

Thank you niggas.
Tagging Estoric looksmaxxers:
@LooksOverAll @Acromegaly_Chad good luck with your surgeries. I know you're probably too busy for a 17 year old phaggot but worth tagging you just incase. @Lawton88

• +1
Reactions: Lawton88
Facepull is done forward and down, so will not restrict CCW. It can also have an effect in adults, but it will be a nominal improvement. More like your teeth will align (possibly with additional camouflage) but you won't look noticeably better as people with bimax do. It will not "retard" the lower jaw.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
using those bullshit devices in someone who's practically an adult is massively retarded

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: thecel and ChristianChad
using those bullshit devices in someone who's practically an adult is massively retarded
Yeah, I think the Ortho just wants my money. Unlikely I'll see any improvement. But he said my upper jaw is too far back, (didn't say the next part directly but that's what I understood it as) regardless of the other teeth issue causing the bite problem...
Why not get a slightly more forward maxilla?

Although I'm hesitant, because if I get MSDO (my lower teeth come forward aswell as my upper, although lower very slightly less. This is because Jew fucking Israeli public health Orthos from a different clinic fixed my crowding from the age of 13 with braces, but they didn't fix the real problem, which is a narrow dental arch/palate. So my teeth are straight, but they have nowhere to go so they go forward, noticed this after I took my braces off for an MRI I had to get for a different reason... think of me being able to bite an apple through a fence.) my bite will be completely different by then as the teeth will settle neutrally... I don't want to have to move my maxilla BACK in the future.

• +1
Reactions: Lawton88
Yeah, I think the Ortho just wants my money. Unlikely I'll see any improvement. But he said my upper jaw is too far back, (didn't say the next part directly but that's what I understood it as) regardless of the other teeth issue causing the bite problem...
Why not get a slightly more forward maxilla?

Although I'm hesitant, because if I get MSDO (my lower teeth come forward aswell as my upper, although lower very slightly less. This is because Jew fucking Israeli public health Orthos from a different clinic fixed my crowding from the age of 13 with braces, but they didn't fix the real problem, which is a narrow dental arch/palate. So my teeth are straight, but they have nowhere to go so they go forward, noticed this after I took my braces off for an MRI I had to get for a different reason... think of me being able to bite an apple through a fence.) my bite will be completely different by then as the teeth will settle neutrally... I don't want to have to move my maxilla BACK in the future.
why not just get surgery

• JFL
Reactions: thecel
@ifyouwannabemylover cmon Indian

Oh sorry didn't see last online 55 minutes ago and I replied 49.
You're officially a med