What are the ideal conditions to take photos of yourself?

angrycel737

angrycel737

Banned
I can't figure this shit out. I have some photos where I look great, but I tried taking a photo of myself a few minutes ago and I look like I have down syndrome.

I read that it's ideal to take photos either during the early morning or in the evening but that doesn't seem to apply to me. Sometimes I look good in the shittiest bathroom lighting possible and look terrible during the "golden hour".

Right now i'm in my bedroom and it's bright outside but it's also cloudy which I think creates a bad light? I look bad in the mirror too currently so I guess that's the reason.
I need to take some NT photos for Tinder. Help, brahs.

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, TrestIsBest and Deleted member 2733
Be outside

look up

bring up your camera up at an arms length away

Zoom into ur face then take the pic

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, Deleted member 13868, Deleted member 15099 and 2 others
Be outside

look up

Where can I go that doesn't have any people but also has good lighting?

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, Deleted member 4106, angrycel737 and 1 other person
Be outside

look up

You mean a selfie? They failo you. I want to take a photo of myself from a bit further away.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6128, Preoximerianas, Cidre enjoyer and 3 others
I can't figure this shit out. I have some photos where I look great, but I tried taking a photo of myself a few minutes ago and I look like I have down syndrome.

I read that it's ideal to take photos either during the early morning or in the evening but that doesn't seem to apply to me. Sometimes I look good in the shittiest bathroom lighting possible and look terrible during the "golden hour".

Right now i'm in my bedroom and it's bright outside but it's also cloudy which I think creates a bad light? I look bad in the mirror too currently so I guess that's the reason.
I need to take some NT photos for Tinder. Help, brahs.
Ideal condition is being chad :p

• +1
  • So Sad
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Stevensmithgerard, Deleted member 2733, Deleted member 4430 and 1 other person
Bump.

• +1
Reactions: angrycel737
the skin looks better in natural light - like the setting sun - but if you have bones, it doesnt matter.
You can also take a selfie from Mordor fortress and still look good.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot, Preoximerianas and angrycel737
the skin looks better in natural light - like the setting sun - but if you have bones, it doesnt matter.
You can also take a selfie from Mordor fortress and still look good.
Nah, any Chad is a tilt of a phone away from being a subhuman. Most of the time you need to put a few seconds of effort into taking a good photo.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 2733
My face looks like a bloated asshole first thing in the morning and leanest right before bed.

• +1
Sometimes I look good in the shittiest bathroom lighting possible and look terrible during the "golden hour".
You could try taking photos from random angles, using all sorts of poses, doing faces, in different lighting conditions, etc. and occasionally, out of 100 shitty photos one will actually look pretty impressive, professional or artsy, you have nothing to lose with this approach if you don't have the time to study how professional photos are made.

• +1
Reactions: angrycel737 and Deleted member 2733
You could try taking photos from random angles, using all sorts of poses, doing faces, in different lighting conditions, etc. and occasionally, out of 100 shitty photos one will actually look pretty impressive, professional or artsy, you have nothing to lose with this approach if you don't have the time to study how professional photos are made.
Yeah, that's what i'm trying to do, but sometimes my face is just blurry or asymmetrical looking and there's nothing I can do to fix it. Other times I feel like a professional photographer. It's weird.

• +1
Reactions: Gonthar
Yeah, that's what i'm trying to do, but sometimes my face is just blurry or asymmetrical looking and there's nothing I can do to fix it.
Blurriness probably appears if the camera is shaking, a tripod is recommended for better photos, if your face is asymmetrical it will show in certain angles and poses, if you tilt your head a little to the side or avoid making photos directly from the front it can be unnoticeable, that's why it's better to take a lot of photos trying different things, even professional photographers when taking studio photos put their models to move around, try different poses and faces while they circle around them and take hundreds of photos from all the possible angles and then they save only the best photos.

• +1
Blurriness probably appears if the camera is shaking, a tripod is recommended for better photos, if your face is asymmetrical it will show in certain angles and poses, if you tilt your head a little to the side or avoid making photos directly from the front it can be unnoticeable, that's why it's better to take a lot of photos trying different things, even professional photographers when taking studio photos put their models to move around, try different poses and faces while they circle around them and take hundreds of photos from all the possible angles and then they save only the best photos.
Thanks. I'm taking photos in the exact same poses i've taken my best photos and they all look like shit. My tripod actually just came today. I think the lighting in my room is just shit. I'll have to go outside. But I have low cringe tolerance so i'll have to go somewhere that both has good lighting and no people around because i'd have to suicide if someone saw me take out my tripod to take pictures of myself.

• +1
Reactions: sergeant blackpill and Gonthar