What causes Chimp Lip from Bimax? Should I still get Bimax?

L

lilhorizontal32

Equinox
A few high iq users told me not to get Bimax because it’ll give me Chimp Lip, cause of my concave philtrum and suggested just BSSO + Genio or IMDO + Genio

However a very blackpilled surgeon that I talked to said that he’s never heard of such a thing as “Chimp Lip” and that his patients have never complained of it. He still recommends bimax for me, and says that this won’t be a problem.

So what should I do? Don’t want to blindly trust the surgeon either

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions and Callooh_Calais
However a very blackpilled surgeon that I talked to said that he’s never heard of such a thing as “Chimp Lip”
nigga did u rlly think he'd be browsing this site enough in his free time to learn what it is?

• JFL
Reactions: coolguy1, subhuman incel, Deleted member 5185 and 7 others
1. Idk

• +1
Reactions: ReignsChad
when a surgeon tells you that he never heard of chimp limp you should never visit him again

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: SurgeryEnjoyer, Oberyn, Deleted member 18301 and 8 others
when a surgeon tells you that he never heard of chimp limp you should never visit him again
I remember trying my best to explain this to my surgeon ''Over Pushed Lip..'' ''Lip Protruding'' and when I mentioned ''I found someone who really studied this prior to his surgery and he once told me a thing can happen that they call chimp lip'' my surgeon broke character and put a ''Ha ha ha!'' which I've never seen a surgeon write in an e-mail, and then he told me yes it's a possibility and he knows what I'm talking about, but in my case it won't happen with the MM's I'm discussing.

I feel like a surgeon should at-least understand what ''Chimp Lip'' is referring to, as to a Maxillofacial surgeon, they've heard it all lol.

• +1
Reactions: valhalar, Deleted member 14262, subhuman incel and 3 others
nigga did u rlly think he'd be browsing this site enough in his free time to learn what it is?
Surely surgeons would know about this after decades of practice/study

• +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions
I remember trying my best to explain this to my surgeon ''Over Pushed Lip..'' ''Lip Protruding'' and when I mentioned ''I found someone who really studied this prior to his surgery and he once told me a thing can happen that they call chimp lip'' my surgeon broke character and put a ''Ha ha ha!'' which I've never seen a surgeon write in an e-mail, and then he told me yes it's a possibility and he knows what I'm talking about, but in my case it won't happen with the MM's I'm discussing.

I feel like a surgeon should at-least understand what ''Chimp Lip'' is referring to, as to a Maxillofacial surgeon, they've heard it all lol.
Yeah I find it to be pretty suss tbh.. he also didn’t know what an anteface is

He’s praised constantly here though for the outcomes he gets

• Woah
Reactions: .👽.
Are u writing some russian or italian jfl

A few high iq users told me not to get Bimax because it’ll give me Chimp Lip, cause of my concave philtrum and suggested just BSSO + Genio or IMDO + Genio

However a very blackpilled surgeon that I talked to said that he’s never heard of such a thing as “Chimp Lip” and that his patients have never complained of it. He still recommends bimax for me, and says that this won’t be a problem.

When the maxilla is advanced too far forward.

If you need a bimax and can fund it then sure but make sure to understand the movements and find a surgeon that understands aesthetics.

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32
When the maxilla is advanced too far forward.

If you need a bimax and can fund it then sure but make sure to understand the movements and find a surgeon that understands aesthetics.
How can you figure out the maximum amount you can advance your maxilla?

Cos bigger lefort = bigger BSSO which would stretch my facial skin out, which I need

That'd be a byproduct of an advancement in lefort 1. Just avoid advancement of maxilla and focus on CCW and BSSO and genio. Otherwise very small movements shouldn't fuck up the philtrum (<3mm)

• +1
Reactions: user47283 and lilhorizontal32
How can you figure out the maximum amount you can advance your maxilla?

Cos bigger lefort = bigger BSSO which would stretch my facial skin out, which I need
Show a picture. You can get decent BSSO without lefort advancement.

I'm getting bimax in 4 weeks and I'll be getting 4.5 degrees of CCW, 12mm BSSO and 5mm genio. If all goes well my maxilla wouldn't advance at all or just few micron so I'll get to keep my nice philtrum.

• +1
Reactions: bysontallou
That'd be a byproduct of an advancement in lefort 1. Just avoid advancement of maxilla and focus on CCW and BSSO and genio. Otherwise very small movements shouldn't fuck up the philtrum (<3mm)
Yeah I got recommended a 6mm lefort. Shit seems excessive ngl

Show a picture. You can get decent BSSO without lefort advancement.

I'm getting bimax in 4 weeks and I'll be getting 4.5 degrees of CCW, 12mm BSSO and 5mm genio. If all goes well my maxilla wouldn't advance at all or just few micron so I'll get to keep my nice philtrum.
Can I pm?

What does chimplip even look like? Jfl at this term

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2816

My classmate had a maxilla advancement. His philtrum went from concave to convex because of the maxilla protrusion, so eliminated any chimp look (in this case), while also making his lips more prominent/full

how do you plan for your teeth to align if you don't do it with lefort 1?

how do you plan for your teeth to align if you don't do it with lefort 1?
I have an overbite. I can just get the lower jaw done via BSSO/IMDO. The lefort 1 isnt necessary

• +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions
My classmate had a maxilla advancement. His philtrum went from concave to convex because of the maxilla protrusion, so eliminated any chimp look (in this case), while also making his lips more prominent/full
a concave philtrum is good.

example:

in any case wouldnt getting a convex philtrum give him a chimp look?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Acromegaly_Chad and Administrator
a concave philtrum is good.

example:

View attachment 1101602

in any case wouldnt getting a convex philtrum give him a chimp look?
He kinda ended up closer to the picture you linked mate, looked like he grew into his face. More dimension/fullness

Did the surgeon say you were very recessed?

Edit: He ended up looking more like the first pic you posted.

Last edited:
What does chimplip even look like? Jfl at this term
yeah someone on Jaw Surgery Forums was saying that its something that started in PSL forums, that normies dont perceive it or something along the lines of that

but from what I understand of it, its looks something like this:

Chimp lip from bimax

Chimp lip
^ this is bimaxillary protrusion btw, pretty sure it is related

Chimp lip 1

a user here

for comparison here is what a chimp looks like from the side

but then again there are people who think getting chimp lip from bimax is pretty much bullshit

Chimp lip 1PNG 1

Chimp lip 1PNG 3

Chimp lip 1PNG 4

• JFL
Reactions: valhalar
He kinda ended up closer to the picture you linked mate, looked like he grew into his face. More dimension/fullness

Did the surgeon say you were very recessed?

Edit: He ended up looking more like the first pic you posted.
my bad, changed the photo cos I thought the 2nd one captured it better.

but yeah I'm surprised, cos from what I've seen unless someone was recessed to begin with their philtrum gets worse

surgeon didnt use the word "recessed" itself, but recommended pretty decent sized movements: 6mm lf1, 10.5mm BSSO, 1 degree CCW, and 9mm? genio

for those that want to see the first photo:

• +1
Reactions: CertBroly
yeah someone on Jaw Surgery Forums was saying that its something that started in PSL forums, that normies dont perceive it or something along the lines of that

but from what I understand of it, its looks something like this:

View attachment 1101612

View attachment 1101613
^ this is bimaxillary protrusion btw, pretty sure it is related

View attachment 1101617
a user here

for comparison here is what a chimp looks like from the side

View attachment 1101629

but then again there are people who think getting chimp lip from bimax is pretty much bullshit

View attachment 1101636

View attachment 1101637

View attachment 1101640

So basically a Hapsburg Jaw (associated with nobility in Europe) then?

So basically a Hapsburg Jaw (associated with nobility in Europe) then?

I dont think theyre necessarily related. Hapsburg Jaw comes from mandibular prognathism.

Whereas with chimp lip, its more to do with excessive philtrum fullness (or at least thats 1 part of it)

my bad, changed the photo cos I thought the 2nd one captured it better.

but yeah I'm surprised, cos from what I've seen unless someone was recessed to begin with their philtrum gets worse

surgeon didnt use the word "recessed" itself, but recommended pretty decent sized movements: 6mm lf1, 10.5mm BSSO, 1 degree CCW, and 9mm? genio

for those that want to see the first photo:

View attachment 1101649
No worries, how would you describe your face right now? And is there anything wrong with your bite/facial growth?

What do you mean to show you after pic?
I just want to be aware of how much difference the mms makes,for me have a base and discuss with my surgeon

No worries, how would you describe your face right now? And is there anything wrong with your bite/facial growth?
my side profile is very shit. recessed chin and small lower jaw like the guy from here

I also have a concave philtrum like this guy I posted earlier

I would benefit from IMDO/BSSO + genio but the problem is those movements would be very small without a lefort 1.
My midface is quite short too, and I would not want to increase my midface ratio by doing too much CCW as it shortens the philtrum

My bite is good, but according to surgeon it will never be perfect without surgery

Ask the surgeon for pictures of the before and afters

Ask the surgeon for pictures of the before and afters
he sent me a few, but they seem kind of frauded ngl

sometimes he'll show the 3/4ths view, sometimes the side, sometimes the front.
and one patient he sent me I'm pretty sure got too much advancement, but cant tell if its just me or if normies would pick up on it as well

he sent me a few, but they seem kind of frauded ngl

sometimes he'll show the 3/4ths view, sometimes the side, sometimes the front.
and one patient he sent me I'm pretty sure got too much advancement, but cant tell if its just me or if normies would pick up on it as well
You got to be clear with these folks. You’re going to pay him 1000’s of dollars potentially and this is your face we’re talking about.
Tell him exactly what you want to see and how you want it, if he doesn’t do what you want you can tell him to fuck off*.

*Don’t literally say “fuck off”

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32
You got to be clear with these folks. You’re going to pay him 1000’s of dollars potentially and this is your face we’re talking about.
Tell him exactly what you want to see and how you want it, if he doesn’t do what you want you can tell him to fuck off*.
yeah good point. I am the customer after all

but yeah tbh he said he won't treat patients that he thinks are doing the procedure for cosmetic purposes so I don't wanna be too pushy about the aesthetic part. besides a few of the questions that I gave him, he just avoided giving a straight answer and gave an analogy instead

*Don’t literally say “fuck off”
hahaha got it

• +1
Reactions: RaiseMyT
my side profile is very shit. recessed chin and small lower jaw like the guy from here

I also have a concave philtrum like this guy I posted earlier
View attachment 1102775

I would benefit from IMDO/BSSO + genio but the problem is those movements would be very small without a lefort 1.
My midface is quite short too, and I would not want to increase my midface ratio by doing too much CCW as it shortens the philtrum

My bite is good, but according to surgeon it will never be perfect without surgery
How is your maxilla right now? Do you have prominent cheekbones/zygos?

And I know a lot of people on this forum swear on a short midface, but in your case it may end up slightly longer, but actually look better with even more prominent midface features?

How is your maxilla right now? Do you have prominent cheekbones/zygos?

And I know a lot of people on this forum swear on a short midface, but in your case it may end up slightly longer, but actually look better with even more prominent midface features?
I got a narrow palate. so width wise at least, its not great.

dont know about if its adequately forward grown tho. thats the million dollar question I created this thread to help answer

how would my midface end up shorter? iirc CCW decreases philtrum length

brb going to surgeon saying "I want 7PSL face at least, preferably mix of Chico & O'Pry. I prefer dom leaning. Can I ascend? JFL"

• JFL
Reactions: lilhorizontal32, coolguy1 and Selinity
Just another one of the many reasons why you should only get a lefort 3.

• JFL
Reactions: coolguy1
do you still think in the same way?
I still think lf3 is legit but I am getting an lf2 in June because it moves the nasion forward and allows custom recontouring of the maxilla with custom planned implants

• +1
Reactions: randomvanish