What causes down-growth and underbites (class 3 bites)?

D

Deleted member 18879

autistic 8 year neet KV hand atrophy
What exactly is the cause of this? It cannot simply be environmental factors, otherwise you'd see more people with underbites (as opposed to only 0.2% of the population having one). Is it simply a mistake during foetal development? It cannot simply be genetic variation, as no one in my family has dental issues, especially not underbite. Therefor I can only deduct that underbites come from de novo mutations.

Anyone got information or studies on the origins of class iii bites? Would be an interesting read.

shit genes

• JFL
Reactions: TurkishAscender
An underbite is such an incredibly cruel fate
I stand by my belief that the average person who has an underbite corrected with surgery is noticibly better looking than the average person who grew normally (a lot of people who grew normally and have class I occlusion still look like shit despite it)
These leads me to believe that the people with phenos most susceptible to developing underbites are generally attractive and intellegent but just had shit luck that they grew wrong while the vast majority of other people with their same pheno grew right

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18879
To answer your question I believe it's most likely teeth crowding caused by shit soft food diet and keeping tongue on floor of mouth that causes bottom teeth to move out of position and overlap some top teeth
As soon as that begins, your fate is sealed, your maxilla is destined to be flat and your mandible is destined to grow downwards

Genetics bra

NO FORM OF MALOCCLUSION, WHETHER IT BE AN UNDERBITE OR OVERBITE, IS GENETIC.