what causes light vs dark blue eyes?

@RecessedPrettyboy So how can I get lighter eyes? Is there anything I can do naturally? PLEASE RESPOND bro

• JFL
Reactions: BoosterShotEnjoyer
@RecessedPrettyboy

• JFL
@RecessedPrettyboy
good diet lifestyle avoid toxins etc

topically prob raw honey/propolis drops or things that decrease prostaglandins and inflammation and benefit eye microbiome
but it is ultimately diet tbh and it takes time

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas and AscendingHero
good diet lifestyle avoid toxins etc

topically prob raw honey/propolis drops or things that decrease prostaglandins and inflammation and benefit eye microbiome
WOW, so diet can affect eye color?! FUCKING INSANE TBH

What's propolis drops?

What other foods contribute to a lighter eye color?

To what extent can I lighten my eyes too, im currently rocking a subhuman dark brown jfl.

How long would it take?

• JFL
WOW, so diet can affect eye color?! FUCKING INSANE TBH

What's propolis drops?

What other foods contribute to a lighter eye color?

To what extent can I lighten my eyes too, im currently rocking a subhuman dark brown jfl.

How long would it take?
propolis is from bees
if u were born with brown eyes you can make them light brown
if you were born with blue but they turned brown you can make them blue again.

• Woah
Reactions: Preoximerianas
propolis is from bees
if u were born with brown eyes you can make them light brown
if you were born with blue but they turned brown you can make them blue again.
Is it possible to go lighter than light brown, like could I potentially lighten my eyes further?

Also thoughts on subliminals, jfl?

Is it possible to go lighter than light brown, like could I potentially lighten my eyes further?

Also thoughts on subliminals, jfl?
maybe but if u were born with brown u cant get blue

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16371
Blue eyes is a shit color anyway I have it and I don't see how people here think it's a "halo". Good green eyes mog the best blue to hell
Light green eyes mog so hard

a few more:

Bee propolis as anti-inflammatory agent
Investigators concluded that the anti-inflammatory activity of propolis might be related to its effects on the various mediators of inflammation such as prostaglandins, leukotrienes, and histamine.16,17

Debate about honey rages
lol reading these low iq people talking about honey drops, but maybe they are onto something:

Lipochrome is another factor
Looks like lipochrome might be related as well:

View attachment 1082838

"Beta carotene, a lipochrome, was found in the retina, pigment epithelium, and iris of cattle eyes."

" In humans, yellowish specks or patches are thought to be due to the pigment lipofuscin, also known as lipochrome."

Distribution of melanin in inner vs outer iris causes lightness vs darkness (?)

this is by far best explanation i've found so far:

so maybe it's something like
ratio of melanin in outer layer of iris relative to melanin in inner layer => brown vs not (more melanin in outer layer = browner)
ratio of melanin to lipochrome => determines green vs hazel vs blue
overall melanin => determines lightness vs darkness

green eyes from my research and observations doesnt seem to be a good thing from a health standpoint.

maybe as in very light brown
yes eyes light these

Are they possible starting from a dark brown eye?

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas and Deleted member 10987
can you expatiate on how toxins affect eye color? Wait also are u saying everyone who's properly developed should have lighter eyes?

"
again having light eyes is more about health than anything. having them also looks healthier (ofc no wonder its more attractive, health is directly correlated to proper development and attractiveness). and im not talking about just blue. light brown too.
"

I believe it’s already been said earlier in the thread but how light your eyes are depends on how thick your stroma strands are. The thicker the strands - the lighter your eye looks. The less thick - the darker it looks.

Also, @BIGDICCJIM blue eyes don’t give you better “night vision“. That’s a myth.

Blue eyes do not let in more light, which is a good thing. Because scattered light through the iris results in additional glare (extra un-imaged light that washes out the light that has properly passed through the pupil and lens).

Most of the absorption of light doesn’t even take place in the ‘colored’ part of the iris, it takes place at the back of the iris where there is a heavily pigmented epithelial layer in everyone (apart from people with albinism).

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, AscendingHero, neithernorwood and 1 other person
I believe it’s already been said earlier in the thread but how light your eyes are depends on how thick your stroma strands are. The thicker the strands - the lighter your eye looks. The less thick - the darker it looks.

Also, @BIGDICCJIM blue eyes don’t give you better “night vision“. That’s a myth.

Blue eyes do not let in more light, which is a good thing. Because scattered light through the iris results in additional glare (extra un-imaged light that washes out the light that has properly passed through the pupil and lens).

Most of the absorption of light doesn’t even take place in the ‘colored’ part of the iris, it takes place at the back of the iris where there is a heavily pigmented epithelial layer in everyone (apart from people with albinism).
Hmm... my eyes have never darkened at all unlike my hair, but my parents always told me to stay away from brighter objects, I mean I look at darker eyed people and they all handle glistening/bright objects more easily.

Like I have never looked directly at the sun for more than a millisecond cause it stings, whereas on a road trip for example, my brother has black eyes and sits with his stare the reflection without any discomfort. When I say "night vision" I just mean I can see very clearly in the dark, but could u say the same if I had dark eyes? I have pretty good eyesight, compared to the rest of my family who the majority of wear glasses and I never have.

• +1
Reactions: Alexanderr
When I say "night vision" I just mean I can see very clearly in the dark, but could u say the same if I had dark eyes? I have pretty good eyesight, compared to the rest of my family who the majority of wear glasses and I never have.
I probably could, yes. Blue eyes don’t result in better absorption or more absorption of light, they’re only more prone to photophobia, the term for light sensitivity.
Photophobia could cause a person to have difficulty seeing or focusing in bright lights, or even cause pain around the eyes. So, squinting or rubbing your eyes often when you are in harsh light is a clear sign that you have some level of photophobia.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2214
I probably could, yes. Blue eyes don’t result in better absorption or more absorption of light, they’re only more prone to photophobia, the term for light sensitivity.
Photophobia could cause a person to have difficulty seeing or focusing in bright lights, or even cause pain around the eyes. So, squinting or rubbing your eyes often when you are in harsh light is a clear sign that you have some level of photophobia.
Oh.

Guess dark lookz mog healthwise again.

• JFL
Reactions: Alexanderr
it has something to do with inflammation too

you should try getting those from real foods rather than supplements
bad diet and toxins = inflammation
MSM for example is found at high concentrations in raw milk
glucosamine in bone broth
etc..
give more examples pls bro

examine.com

Glucosamine Supplement — Health Benefits, Dosage, Side Effects

Glucosamine is a supplement derived from shellfish that can provide minor pain relief. Glucosamine sulfate slightly delays the progression of knee osteoarthritis.
examine.com
examine.com
examine.com

N-Acetylcysteine Supplement — Health Benefits, Dosage, Side Effects

N-Acetylcysteine (NAC) is a prodrug for L-cysteine, which is used for the intention of allowing more glutathione to be produced when it would normally be depleted. Through glutathione buffering, NAC provides antioxidative effects and other benefits.
examine.com
examine.com
examine.com

Glutathione — Health Benefits, Dosage, Side Effects

Unbiased science-based information on glutathione as a supplement. Find out its potential uses and benefits, dosage, side effects, and more.
examine.com
examine.com
examine.com

Methylsulfonylmethane Supplement — Health Benefits, Dosage, Side Effects

what foods have these elements, ingredients, can u pls just list them? @RecessedPrettyboy

• +1
there is no money to be made from this and it would make light and attractive eyes too common

stroma and other eye lasers are absolute cope lol, imagine burning off "melanin" and who knows what else is happening while doing so in the eye. eye hue and lightness isnt as simple as just the melanin bullshit they promote. thats the only way they can make actual money off so thats why we see these eye lasers. all they do is make the eyes grey and colorless. having darker eye is not simply about naturally producing more melanin there for no reason.. have you noticed how stroma keeps postponing their release date...

again having light eyes is more about health than anything. having them also looks healthier (ofc no wonder its more attractive, health is directly correlated to proper development and attractiveness). and im not talking about just blue. light brown too.
Giga-Based tbh

some pictures i found useful to orient:

I found this article useful too:

Areas where the collagen fibers are less dense look like troughs or furrows and are called Fuchs’ crypts. (1 below.)

White spots — or so-called Wolfflin nodules — are due to hotspots of collagen fibers. (As labeled below)

Nevi, on the other hand, are dark spots that occur as the result of increased pigment production by a cluster of melanocytes.
melanocytes. (2 below)

conclusion
- "collagen fibers that are less dense = Fuchs' crypts" implies "collagen fibers that are more dense = lighter eyes
- Wolfflin nodules are opposite of that ^
- "more melanocytes = nevi" implies that "fewer melanocytes = lighter eyes"

so:
how to lower melanocytes?
how to increase density of collagen fibers in the eye?

Riboflavin ?
"Riboflavin, excited by UVA radiation, interacts with the terminations of different collagen chains, causing the loss of an amine and the formation of covalent bond between the collagen chains of the sclera.9 Moreover, riboflavin also acts as a filter that reduces UVA penetration to deeper structures.10 This technique is used to improve the scleral collagen fiber density."

Apparently a thing:

Ratios again
Until recently, little was know about the type of melanin present in the ocular pigment cells. A collaborative study on the type of melanin in the ocular pigment cells in tissue speci- mens and in cell culture has been performed by us (Prota et al. 1998). We found that pigment epithelial cells contain mainly eumelanin. In contrast, uveal melanocytes contain both eumelanin and pheomelanin. The color of the iris may be deter- mined not only by the quantity of the melanin, but also by the types of melanin

• +1
some pictures i found useful to orient:
View attachment 1086052
View attachment 1086051

I found this article useful too:

Areas where the collagen fibers are less dense look like troughs or furrows and are called Fuchs’ crypts. (1 below.)

White spots — or so-called Wolfflin nodules — are due to hotspots of collagen fibers. (As labeled below)

Nevi, on the other hand, are dark spots that occur as the result of increased pigment production by a cluster of melanocytes.
melanocytes. (2 below)

View attachment 1086066View attachment 1086069

conclusion
- "collagen fibers that are less dense = Fuchs' crypts" implies "collagen fibers that are more dense = lighter eyes
- Wolfflin nodules are opposite of that ^
- "more melanocytes = nevi" implies that "fewer melanocytes = lighter eyes"

so:
how to lower melanocytes?
how to increase density of collagen fibers in the eye?

Riboflavin ?
"Riboflavin, excited by UVA radiation, interacts with the terminations of different collagen chains, causing the loss of an amine and the formation of covalent bond between the collagen chains of the sclera.9 Moreover, riboflavin also acts as a filter that reduces UVA penetration to deeper structures.10 This technique is used to improve the scleral collagen fiber density."

Apparently a thing:

Ratios again
Until recently, little was know about the type of melanin present in the ocular pigment cells. A collaborative study on the type of melanin in the ocular pigment cells in tissue speci- mens and in cell culture has been performed by us (Prota et al. 1998). We found that pigment epithelial cells contain mainly eumelanin. In contrast, uveal melanocytes contain both eumelanin and pheomelanin. The color of the iris may be deter- mined not only by the quantity of the melanin, but also by the types of melanin

Do you know how I could lighten my eyes then?

Differing lighting conditions affects eye colors to such a degree that most people have no idea what their "true" eye color is. In one picture you can look like you have a blue eye color on the bottom end of the spectrum, while in another it can look like you have the eye color on the opposite end of the spectrum, all depending on lighting conditions. Beyond that, other things like brow color, tanned skin etc can affect how your eye color is percieved.

Tldr : nobody knows for sure just get good diet and pray to gandy.

@neithernorwood @RecessedPrettyboy any results in your guy's quest for eye color change?

@RecessedPrettyboy any other tips for eye lightening?

Argan oil seems fine to use as eye drops too and inhibits melanin synthesis

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
Argan oil seems fine to use as eye drops too and inhibits melanin synthesis
So what's the current stack for eye lightening with all the new research you've done bro?

Fags fucking complaining about eye color just get fucking contacts retard
The truth is blue or green eyes would look gay and cucked on most ethnics
Also brown eyes are caused by melanin which is increased by high t
[automerge]1630067059[/automerge]

@AscendingHero
Do you do anything to lighten your eyes atm?

So what's the current stack for eye lightening with all the new research you've done bro?
bump, quality thread tbh.

did you find something other then msm and raw honey drops? :Comfy:

@RecessedPrettyboy the hero i need, not the one i deserve. thanks for this

prostaglandin are linked to inflammation:

maybe people with darker irises have more system inflammation. certainly that's true in my case.

i wonder if there is a way to reduce prostaglandin

i am amazed there is so little research or online content about this topic. if someone figured out eye lightening (not just hue change) that could be massive. stroma is different, changes melanin so changes hue. in my case i have a great green hue, just super dark so looks black except in direct lighting.

for non-hue-changing eye lightening, my stack is starting to look like some combo of these:

with the idea of reducing prostaglandin

might be tough on the liver so going to get some bloodwork done as i go.
UPDATE???

in other words: what causes the difference between A10 and A50 below?

wikipedia says:

Eye color is a polygenic phenotypic character determined by two distinct factors: the pigmentation of the eye's iris and the frequency-dependence of the scattering of light by the turbid medium in the stroma of the iris.

i'm guessing "frequency-dependence of the scattering of light by the turbid medium in the stroma of the iris" is responsible for lightness / darkness (rather than hue). but what exactly does that mean?

i'm like a D40 and wish to move to D30 or even lighter green. i'm taking msm pills and it seems to help a bit. but i'm curious to learn more about the underlying mechanism. any ideas?

View attachment 1077373
This question is way above intellectual capabilities of the userbase

• JFL
Reactions: Preoximerianas and Deleted member 16371
This is an insanely high IQ thread, legit just buried until someone finds it and comments.

• +1
Reactions: greycel
Hm

• +1
Reactions: Tabula Rasa