What causes long nose?

Deleted member 2661

Deleted member 2661

‎‏‏‎ Notorious bully
People say it is a result of downward growth and recessed maxilla, giving examples like Adam Driver. However I have very forward grown maxilla and my gonial angle is 110-120 degrees, yet my shnose is extremely long. It used to not be so bad when I was younger, but as my skull and nose grew my eyes started to look fucking tiny in comparison to the nose.

Genes

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 685, Lorsss and Deleted member 2661
Low prenatal testosterone, genetics, head shape, too much vertical downward growth all come into play.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21796, Lorsss, GoMadAndSTFU and 2 others
imo genetically long midfaces tend to be more harmonious than ones that are the result of mouth breathing or orthorape

So if you’re forward grown I wouldn’t worry about it too much, it’s what you’re supposed to look like so just focus on improvement elsewhere because the nose can’t really be truncated

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3202, Deleted member 685 and toolateforme
Lacking midface volume really attenuates the length of your nose as well.

• +1
Reactions: MandibularCel, Deleted member 3202 and Deleted member 685
People say it is a result of downward growth and recessed maxilla, giving examples like Adam Driver. However I have very forward grown maxilla and my gonial angle is 110-120 degrees, yet my shnose is extremely long. It used to not be so bad when I was younger, but as my skull and nose grew my eyes started to look fucking tiny in comparison to the nose.
Flat maxilla or recessee maxilla causes long nose, /thread. End of thread JFL

Northern Europeans have longer noses on average, adaptations to colder climates lead to longer noses with narrower nostrils

684.jpg

Blue boxes represent alleles for narrower nares while red boxes represent alleles for wider nares. Colours in between represent intermediate phenotypes. The colour scale represents climatic variation in temperature and humidity, to show that narrower nares are favoured in cool-dry climates while wider nares are favoured in hot-humid climates.

longer and thinner noses such as mine in my DP are down to genetics, built to survive in colder, wetter climates, given my ancestry is strictly Northern Euro, English, Irish, Swedish and Norweigan, it makes sense.

there are studies and links to show this i just cba to go through my list.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3202, Saturn and Deleted member 685
Being born with a long nose is how people end up with a long nose.

• +1
Reactions: toolateforme
Is there any way to get midface volume?

How long does a nose have to be to be considered a long nose?

low prenatal T

Is there any way to get midface volume?

it's the worst part of the face in terms of osteotomies - I guess ZSO might be beneficial but I've read that many people find the results underwhelming. BiMax is an option as well. The easiest and most affordable solution would be implants though. @aut0phobic, anything to add/correct?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1862 and toolateforme
it's the worst part of the face in terms of osteotomies - I guess ZSO might be beneficial but I've read that many people find the results underwhelming. BiMax is an option as well. The easiest and most affordable solution would be implants though. @aut0phobic, anything to add/correct?
So being asian is just suicide?

ZSO will not give anterior projection (which is the dimension you're concerned about.)

For making a nose look less tall a combination of bimax & implants/ malar osteotomy would be best, but this assumes your jaws are fucked which won't apply to everyone.

If you have good anterior projection of malar complex (positive vector, good bone mass) and still have a long nose THIS is where getting more laterally projected zygos through HA paste (or zso if you really want but it's just fucking bad tbh) would work.

• Love it
Reactions: Mayorga