What causes the real pan face effect ?

FatJattMofo

FatJattMofo

Superior to Gigachad
@dough2

Has it.

Wide lateral prbitals narrow zygos? Narow jaw wide very very high set zygos + bloat?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5522
chinese

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5522, Blackout.xl and Bechadish
If I am not mistaken @Deliciadecu had a theory that Asians have more forward Sphenoid bone making the eyes more forward and impossible to be deep set. Also a more recessed Maxilla and a Less Forward Nasal Bone would be all factors to create the "Pan Faced face" I think

Images 6

Images 4

20200227 210519

20200227 210459

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: thecel, Deleted member 5522, Dwarfmaxxer and 1 other person
If I am not mistaken @Deliciadecu had a theory that Asians have more forward Sphenoid bone making the eyes more forward and impossible to be deep set. Also a more recessed Maxilla and a Less Forward Nasal Bone would be all factors to create the "Pan Faced face" I think

View attachment 285476
View attachment 285473

View attachment 285469
View attachment 285471

Yes, there's even a study that shows that asians have a shorter S-N distance compared to Caucasians.

Lack of strong dimorphism on asians could be another factor as well since they lack brow ridge prominence which is also important to create deep set eyes

Lastly, asians tend to have bigger cheekbones, I haven't checked the cheekbones growth pattern, but I suspect there's some upwards growth which would create less verticality on the ocular cavity pushing things horizontally (including outside of the ocular cavity which would push the eyes forward, but that's just a theory)

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: thecel, Deleted member 685, Deleted member 2227 and 1 other person
Yes, there's even a study that shows that asians have a shorter S-N distance compared to Caucasians.

Lack of strong dimorphism on asians could be another factor as well since they lack brow ridge prominence which is also important to create deep set eyes

Lastly, asians tend to have bigger cheekbones, I haven't checked the cheekbones growth pattern, but I suspect there's some upwards growth which would create less verticality on the ocular cavity pushing things horizontally (including outside of the ocular cavity which would push the eyes forward, but that's just a theory)
no

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: thecel, Deleted member 2227, Deleted member 685 and 2 others