What causes the upper/mid maxilla to recede when mewing is keeping the lower maxilla in place?

thecel

thecel

morph king
My upper maxilla has been getting more and more recessed, especially my nose and the areas around the sides of my nostrils. But I’m mewing. My upper alveolar bone and teeth have gotten more protruding relative to the lower maxilla. I think it’s happening because of the forward push force from the tongue. Since my lower maxilla is being mewed while my upper is receding, the result appears as if the upper maxilla moved backwards independently of a stationary lower maxilla.

Why is this happening? How can I fix this?

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: AscendingHero, datboijj, Deleted member 8165 and 5 others
In which posture do you mew and do you engage the whole tongue?

• +1
Reactions: thecel and datboijj
And take care that the tip of your tongue is behind the teeth but not touching. When you are in quarantine i would recommend you to mew in a chin tuck when you are recessed because this is your real Face Posture you will look terrible recessed but when youre ears are in line with your shoulders your good to go. You can apply much more force with the tuck btw you get unbelievble fast results trust me, you can sense the tension when you do it

• +1
Reactions: thecel, AscendingHero, SPFromNY914 and 2 others
And take care that the tip of your tongue is behind the teeth but not touching. When you are in quarantine i would recommend you to mew in a chin tuck when you are recessed because this is your real Face Posture you will look terrible recessed but when youre ears are in line with your shoulders your good to go. You can apply much more force with the tuck btw you get unbelievble fast results trust me, you can sense the tension when you do it
seems legit

• +1
Reactions: thecel and Deleted member 12102
bdd

• +1
  • Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: Lmao, AscendingHero, Deleted member 12216 and 3 others
what id you are recessed but cant hard mew for that long? If my ears are in line with my shoulders while mewing should that be good enough for posture?
Yes thats the ideal posture. Try to maintain this Posture as long as possible during the Day for youre body and Jaw to adapt this postion. I know this problem that you cant mew hard the begining phase. My way was that i go in the Chin tuck with ears in line with shoulders, and Mew hard but not the hardest and do this until you cant take the pain from the muscles anymore and the last seconds you make ultra hard and take a break and do this again and again. After a time you will realize that you can mew hard longer but dont do this technic the whole time, only for you muscles to get resistence training and after that go with a hard mewing but not as hardest but so hard that you can maintain it more hours.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21796, thecel and SolarWind
just dont mew and your upper maxilla will come forward again

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, faggotchadlite, Deleted member 12216 and 1 other person
what id you are recessed but cant hard mew for that long? If my ears are in line with my shoulders while mewing should that be good enough for posture?
And i would recommend you to do Streching and Posture Training too , it is very very benefictal

• +1
Reactions: thecel and Lmao
almost impossible for me, it seems that there is a pressure that makes my mouth want to open, it becomes difficult to swallow my own saliva and the bottom of my throat burns my tongue jfl

T
almost impossible for me, it seems that there is a pressure that makes my mouth want to open, it becomes difficult to swallow my own saliva and the bottom of my throat burns my tongue jfl
That your Throat burns is actually a good sign when you mean the Muscle under youre Tongue (The Hyoid Muscle) when you engage the Posterior Third of your Tongue.

is the growth from alv protruding or it's actually forward growth?

• +1
Reactions: thecel
My upper maxilla has been getting more and more recessed, especially my nose and the areas around the sides of my nostrils. But I’m mewing. My upper alveolar bone and teeth have gotten more protruding relative to the lower maxilla. I think it’s happening because of the forward push force from the tongue. Since my lower maxilla is being mewed while my upper is receding, the result appears as if the upper maxilla moved backwards independently of a stationary lower maxilla.

Why is this happening? How can I fix this?
It’s the back, lower third of the tongue that should also have force applied too, not just the mid and forward ( closest to teeth area) applying force at the lower/back (by your airways) end of the tongue should make your maxilla move diagonally upwards. Have you been doing that?

genetics tbh i have good lower maxilla but dogshit uppermaxilla(cheekbones, orbitals) i think it comes to genetics the upper maxilla

• +1
is the growth from alv protruding or it's actually forward growth?

Alv protrude.

My upper incisors are beginning to wobble a little. Perhaps I should stop mewing and thumbpulling.

• So Sad
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions
Can you PM me some pics?

• +1
FGFR polymorphism and protein overexpression in the chromosome 10 (Although it's not that specific, it can be a heterogenous pair of alleles for that gene for example). It's pretty complex suject but i'll connect some patterns and make a thread out of this later :feelsokman:

page_1_thumb_large.jpg
Images medium prv 00005 2020r01
Growth factors bone growth

• Hmm...
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 3635 and thecel