What do you think of this trimax plan with Dr Safi?

monkey.d.luffy

monkey.d.luffy

Iron
Hey everyone, first post for me here, I've recently had a consult with Dr Safi, where he showed me the planned movements for my trimax. The results include the orthodontic decompression, which, based on what we have discussed, does not seem necessary, but would help achieve slightly more movement. What do you guys think of the results, and do you recommend that I still do the decompression?

Also, do you know if Raffaini or Ramieri also do zygo implants? Asking because I'd also like to get a plan from one of these two, but one of the reasons I'm going with Safi is he does these implants.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 14.00.42.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 14.00.42.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 13.55.04.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 13.55.04.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 13.34.25.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 13.34.25.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: juste
how much chin advancment is that?

I don't know to be honest, I will ask him on my next consult and post all the numbers here though!

The 3 surgeons you mentioned do malar implants.

I’d strongly advocate for doing pre-op orthodontics.

• +1
Reactions: Meister!
Nono, trimax + zygo implants, but yeah, still steep
Yeah my case would probably be like 50k if i went with him, I can still afford just wondering if its worth the advancements, vs other surgeons im probably similar recession to you, i just have a shitty maxilla zygos would probably give move psl overall

Yeah my case would probably be like 50k if i went with him, I can still afford just wondering if its worth the advancements, vs other surgeons im probably similar recession to you, i just have a shitty maxilla zygos would probably give move psl overall
Have you consulted with anyone yet? And what do you think of these results?

Have you consulted with anyone yet? And what do you think of these results?
Not anyone yet, just theoryizing rn, without going dead broke, not trying to spend 70k over various individual procedures, thats why i like doctors who do jaw and implant simultaneously, and should be a prerequisite anyways since most recessed people have bad maxillas

• +1
Reactions: monkey.d.luffy
Good to hear! I'll probably consult with Ramieri then. Why do you strongly advocate for the pre-op decompression? Genuine question. Wouldn't it be possible to compensate after surgery as described here https://jkamprs.springeropen.com/articles/10.1186/s40902-019-0206-4?

Surgery-first is a well-known and totally legit technique, but for patients with skeletal class 2 and dental class 1 it’s sub-optimal. When you opt for surgery-first in these cases, what the surgeon does is to keep your current bite. Doing decompensation after surgery, as you suggest, would be both risky and challenging. Basically, the surgeon would have to guess the exact amount of decompensation that it’s going to be done before it happens, which is impossible to do. Not to mention lack of stability of the new bite (you’d start off with a class 3 bite, and then pray God that orthodontics are indeed capable of fixing that).

• +1
Reactions: bradpittshairline
hope you get botched

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: lowiqNormie and the_adonis_truecel
Does the 42k include the orthodontics or nah?

Raffaini is hesitant to give people implants. He prefers fat grafting.

Raffaini is hesitant to give people implants. He prefers fat grafting.
Yeah but fat, is fat, it adds volume sure but I wouldn't use for malar projection

Surgery-first is a well-known and totally legit technique, but for patients with skeletal class 2 and dental class 1 it’s sub-optimal. When you opt for surgery-first in these cases, what the surgeon does is to keep your current bite. Doing decompensation after surgery, as you suggest, would be both risky and challenging. Basically, the surgeon would have to guess the exact amount of decompensation that it’s going to be done before it happens, which is impossible to do. Not to mention lack of stability of the new bite (you’d start off with a class 3 bite, and then pray God that orthodontics are indeed capable of fixing that).
Why is decomp after surgery risky? And why would you necessarily end up with a class 3 bite? Isn't it enough to slightly reduce advancement in the lower jaw?

Why is decomp after surgery risky? And why would you necessarily end up with a class 3 bite? Isn't it enough to slightly reduce advancement in the lower jaw?

i don't have the knowledge to say more than what i already said, but do you realize that even the article you cited does focus on class 3 patients right? i'll investigate further to be more precise in my explanation if i have time

Dont ask retarded teenagers here

Hey everyone, first post for me here, I've recently had a consult with Dr Safi, where he showed me the planned movements for my trimax. The results include the orthodontic decompression, which, based on what we have discussed, does not seem necessary, but would help achieve slightly more movement. What do you guys think of the results, and do you recommend that I still do the decompression?

Also, do you know if Raffaini or Ramieri also do zygo implants? Asking because I'd also like to get a plan from one of these two, but one of the reasons I'm going with Safi is he does these implants.
Is he planning to make your occlusal plane negative?!

JFL just make one's occlusal plane -10 degrees theory. I'm less and less sure about that ante face shit tbh.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32196 and MTNAscension2
what do you mean?
It looks like he's making your occlusal plane angle is negative. Usually it should be 8 degrees +/- 4 degrees. It'll make your look like it's tilted too upwards. Though, it's possible you were tilting your head upwards during your scan, idk

Since its safi it will be like 25-30mm
You will need really big forehead advancement after that.

Dont go to Dr Safi, or if you go with him do not consider his plan and do yours he will ajust

Dr Safi is all about CCW and super anteface

He's not taking harmony in consideration

I show you an example from his insta⬇️

Look at the chin abd lips, this is over advancement

Im not here to brag down safi, he surely is a good and skilled surgeon.

But dont follow the anteface cope, and ajust according to harmony not for max advancement

Attachments

• IMG_2488.jpeg
    IMG_2488.jpeg
    863.3 KB · Views: 0
How much did you pay so far? Apparently he’s no good. Idk how the result is going to look thought.

He wants to turn you into a dog