What does Eppley mean by this?

Deleted member 3259

Deleted member 3259

Kraken
I was going through Realself and I saw this written from Eppley, it was in regards to someone asking if he could look a certain way with jaw implants:

"That look can only be achieved by a custom wrap around jawline implant. Because the chin and the jaw angle area connect in a perfectly straight line, separate chin and jaw angle implants will not work as they are not connected. "

My plan was all along to get sliding genio + jaw implants in order to get a better lower third, but since Eppley is saying to this guy that a separate chin and jaw angle implant wont work as they are not connected, does that mean that sliding genio + jaw angle implants wont work either then? Is full wraparound the only option?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3902, PubertyMaxxer, GordonFreeman and 1 other person
It would work to an extent, what he means is that the transition along the chin through the jaw to the gonial angle wouldn’t be as perfect as it could be through the usage of a wraparound jaw implant. It is common to experience some degree of contour irregularity as a result of sliding genio and I’ve heard the same about jaw angle implants. This may or may not be noticeable depending on individual circumstances. I suspect most cases are only slight and perhaps unnoticeable to an untrained eye. I also suspect that wearing a short stubble would conceal any slight irregularities entirely.

• +1
Reactions: Pendejo, crosshold and Golden Glass
You can possibly try smoothening over the transition from implant to bone with filler.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4054
Yeah a genio and jaw implants like Sailer or many other surgeons perform definitely won't work. The only option is an implant from Eppley that wraps all the way from the chin to the back of the spine without any separation

Yeah a genio and jaw implants like Sailer or many other surgeons perform definitely won't work. The only option is an implant from Eppley that wraps all the way from the chin to the back of the spine without any separation
lmao. Does sailer actually do genio + jaw implants combo?

lmao. Does sailer actually do genio + jaw implants combo?

Yeah, all of his jawline results are bimax with a genio and medpor jaw angle implants. But the serious answer to the original question is it depends on your starting point, and the look you're trying to achieve

Yeah, all of his jawline results are bimax with a genio and medpor jaw angle implants. But the serious answer to the original question is it depends on your starting point, and the look you're trying to achieve

I have a round face shape, so my goal was to make it a bit more square. I have a wide face as well, so I would prefer for it to be wide with more of a square look, as opposed to a football

I have a round face shape, so my goal was to make it a bit more square. I have a wide face as well, so I would prefer for it to be wide with more of a square look, as opposed to a football

It really depends on whether you're happy with your chin shape, and whether you need augmentation of the body of the mandible, between the chin and jaw angles, to get the look you want

It really depends on whether you're happy with your chin shape, and whether you need augmentation of the body of the mandible, between the chin and jaw angles, to get the look you want

Who will determine that though? Eppley will obviously say wraparound apparently, average surgeon might say it works just to sell it since they dont care. Who would be able to know if it would give me what I wanted who isnt biased lol

Who will determine that though? Eppley will obviously say wraparound apparently, average surgeon might say it works just to sell it since they dont care. Who would be able to know if it would give me what I wanted who isnt biased lol

I think if you asked Eppley or Yaremchuk whether a genio and jaw angles would get you the look you want they'd give you their honest opinion. They both do genios in cases where the person doesn't want a chin implant for whatever reason

Just for my understanding... is bimax, ccw rotation and double jaw surgery all the same procedure (lf1+bsso)?

A custom implant doesn't necessarily need to be wraparound, it can end where the genioplasty augmentation starts, and it can be done in the same surgery.
Sliding-Genioplasty-and-Custom-Jaw-Angles-design-Dr-Barry-Eppley-Indianapolis-300x156.jpg
Sliding-Genioplasty-with-Custom-Jaw-Angle-Imlpants-design-front-views-Dr-Barry-Eppley-Indianaplis-300x167.jpg

You could also do this with standard jaw angle implants but there is a higher risk of asymmetry or noticeable stepoffs.

However the stepoffs would probably only be noticeable if you are very lean... If you have a lot of facial fat then it might not be an issue

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2933, Deleted member 2227 and Golden Glass
You can possibly try smoothening over the transition from implant to bone with filler.

Yes but don't fillers pose a risk of infecting your implants anytime they are introduced?

They are a foreign body Afterall

Eppley is a meme

Didn't he use lyophilised cartilage like Mommaerts for the angles?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4054
Didn't he use lyophilised cartilage like Mommaerts for the angles?

No, medpor implants for the mandibular angles 100%. Cartilage for the zygos

• +1
Reactions: Brandon10
Just for my understanding... is bimax, ccw rotation and double jaw surgery all the same procedure (lf1+bsso)?
BiMax and Double Jaw surgery are two names for the same combination of procedures (Lefort 1 + BSSO)

With BiMax you can advance both jaws, you can also rotate the jaws clockwise and counterclockwise.

CCW Rotation:

CCW Rotation result:

• +1
Reactions: forwardgrowth and Deleted member 2933
BiMax and Double Jaw surgery are two names for the same combination of procedures (Lefort 1 + BSSO)

With BiMax you can advance both jaws, you can also rotate the jaws clockwise and counterclockwise.

CCW Rotation:

CCW Rotation result:

Holy fuck tlat that result
Can a high " quadrangular" lefort 1 also have ccw rotation?
Gr1 428

Holy fuck at that result
Can a high " quadrangular" lefort 1 also have ccw rotation?
View attachment 248082
Theorically yes, but it would be hard to find a surgeon who does it.

@Dr Shekelberg told me that Andreishchev performs Quadrangular Lefort 1, so he probably could do CCW Rotation with it but i am not totally sure.

• +1
Reactions: forwardgrowth and PubertyMaxxer
Yes but don't fillers pose a risk of infecting your implants anytime they are introduced?

They are a foreign body Afterall
They pose risking infection to implants anytime they’re introduced?
Do you have any sources for this?

I've seen lots of surgeons mention this on realself, in response to threads from people asking about combining fillers with pre-existing implants

No scientific study, but lots of anecdotal experiences from actual surgeons

• +1
Reactions: Golden Glass
I've seen lots of surgeons mention this on realself, in response to threads from people asking about combining fillers with pre-existing implants

No scientific study, but lots of anecdotal experiences from actual surgeons

@Golden Glass @Linoob i found a Q/A on RealSelf about this. https://www.realself.com/question/austin-tx-fillers-top-exiting-implant

While some mentioned how there’s a risk of infecting the implants through fillers over top of implants, they mentioned that an experienced/skilled filler-worker can get around that.

I would wonder how high the chance of infection is, assuming the filler doctor uses cannulae instead of needles.

I would wonder how high the chance of infection is, assuming the filler doctor uses cannulae instead of needles.

It's like this though, no matter how careful someone is, how many precautions they take, if you're injecting a foreign substance into your body, along side your implant, there's ALWAYS a risk of infection.

Even if it's only <1%

How do we know the filler is 100% sterile? Yes, obviously it should be, it's pharmaceutical grade, but you never know bro.

• +1
Reactions: Adrenochrome and Golden Glass