What does palate width matter for other than smile?

D

Deleted member 18515

Bronze
I'm so confused on how it matters at all like what does a narrow palate even do for you besides less teeth visible when smiling?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Alvaro, Deleted member 8608, Deleted member 8365 and 1 other person
There's a reason why you have a negative post-rep ratio...

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: subhuman incel, Deleted member 8608, Deleted member 9819 and 2 others
A wide palate also usually means a higher fwhr.

• +1
Reactions: Erik-Jón
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9819
I wouldn’t even say that’s true tbh look at cavil
narrow palates are correlated with longer and recessed faces I believe. also if the palate is narrow, then the face is most likely narrower than it would have been with a wide palate as the palate contributes to facial width. it's true most of the time

• +1
Reactions: Forgotten and Erik-Jón
narrow palates are correlated with longer and recessed faces I believe. also if the palate is narrow, then the face is most likely narrower than it would have been with a wide palate as the palate contributes to facial width. it's true most of the time
I mean you almost never see a giga wide pallet on a narrow face

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1901
idk if i have a narrow palate but when i was like 10 i had to get an expander so ive had an expander that means theres no way my palate is narrow cus it was expanded right

A wide palate also usually means a higher fwhr.
can u show me some examples of narrow palates does that j mean narrow lips like sean opry?

I wouldn’t even say that’s true tbh look at cavil
can u show me a pic of a narrow palate how do u know if u have one is that just narrow lips

• +1
idk if i have a narrow palate but when i was like 10 i had to get an expander so ive had an expander that means theres no way my palate is narrow cus it was expanded right
probably not then. just measure your palate to see

I'm so confused on how it matters at all like what does a narrow palate even do for you besides less teeth visible when smiling?
Narrow pallet bigger hollow, but worse smile but doesn’t really matter pallet can’t easily be changed

Narrow pallet bigger hollow, but worse smile but doesn’t really matter pallet can’t easily be changed
i had a mouth expander when i was 10 does that guarentee my palate is narrow since it was EXPANDED?

• +1
i had a mouth expander when i was 10 does that guarentee my palate is narrow since it was EXPANDED?
Whattttttt your mouth was so small it needed to be expanded , wanna pm your smile to me

Whattttttt your mouth was so small it needed to be expanded , wanna pm your smile to me
yes lots of kids get expanders at young ages but now since its been expanded it can't be narrow right

• +1
is it genetic meaning one parent has to have one?
Yes it would be influenced by genetics and also by oral posture and diet, especially during development

can u show me a pic of a narrow palate how do u know if u have one is that just narrow lips
2ixcebfgi0251.jpg

• +1
narrow palate and narrow lips are independent of each other

literally every single little kid has a smile like this do they all have narrow palates?

just ask a billion questions instead of doing research theory

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: WagedandReady, ErbCel and Deleted member 1901
they have a smile with barely any teeth showing hence narrow palate?
ok? they are little kids they still have small baby teeth and their palate is not developed. if you got a palate expander yours must have been narrow enough to be considered an anomaly

ok? they are little kids they still have small baby teeth and their palate is not developed. if you got a palate expander yours must have been narrow enough to be considered an anomaly
well since i got an expander my palate should be fine as an adult, correct?

yes what is your concern? just measure your intermolar width
my concern is that none of my parents have narrow palates infact they are wide, is my palate narrow due to some other genetics (the number one reason to get an expander) or to incorrect development and how can I find out which?

my concern is that none of my parents have narrow palates infact they are wide, is my palate narrow due to some other genetics (the number one reason to get an expander) or to incorrect development and how can I find out which?
did you breath out of your mouth or have allergies? did you chew a soft diet?

did you breath out of your mouth or have allergies? did you chew a soft diet?
i had allergies but have literally 0 signs of mouth breathing like i have above avg maxilla with great forward growth and the only thing is my chin could be a lil more forward but I INHERTED that from my mom so nothing to do with mouth breathing I don't think like mouth breathing would affect everything no?

Cons
  • Can't mew (palate is too narrow to allow your tongue to reach the roof of you mouth)
  • You sound either foreign or like you have a slight speech impediment
  • Your breathing is impaired
  • Your teeth feel cramped
  • Your smile is skinny

• +1
Reactions: bogii and AscendingHero
Cons
  • Can't mew (palate is too narrow to allow your tongue to reach the roof of you mouth)
  • You sound either foreign or like you have a slight speech impediment
  • Your breathing is impaired
  • Your teeth feel cramped
  • Your smile is skinny
oh i have none of those :)))) seems like im good but if I did have a narrow palate those would be the ONLY cons correct? is narrow lips a con too?

oh i have none of those :)))) seems like im good but if I did have a narrow palate those would be the ONLY cons correct? is narrow lips a con too?
Also, you can get narrow lips. I don't know, I think I just have naturally narrow lips, who knows.

Also, you can get narrow lips. I don't know, I think I just have naturally narrow lips, who knows.
does palate get narrow with age like can you have a wide one at 7 and then it gets narrower at like 12?

• +1
it's a pretty common procedure i also had to wear them

• +1