What does paranasal implants do??

12PSLsubhuman

12PSLsubhuman

Zephir
Just saw a thread talking about paranasal implants. Isn't the paranasal area moved in a Lefort I?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 24444 and depressionmaxxing
Some people have such brutally deficient paranasal areas that moving the lower maxilla forward doesn’t project it much, I think this is mostly scene in Asians and some black Africans.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 24444, Danish_Retard, Deleted member 19766 and 1 other person
Just saw a thread talking about paranasal implants. Isn't the paranasal area moved in a Lefort I?
It is in high cut Lefort 1, not sure about normal cut.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 19766
I am so fucking confused about this shit tbh JFL

It helps reduce the appearance of nasolabial folds

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21863, Deleted member 8771, Deleted member 24444 and 3 others
  • Hmm...
Yes but one is a bone breaking maxillofacial surgery and the other one is just a little bit of plastic

Wont a Lefort 1 do it too?
doesn't le fort 1 move the entire upper jaw forward? if you already have an overbite it'll make it worse so only do it if you have an underbite or edge to edge.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 24444
doesn't le fort 1 move the entire upper jaw forward? if you already have an overbite it'll make it worse so only do it if you have an underbite or edge to edge.
Yeah but no one’s just gonna give you a lefort 1 they’ll do consultations and see if it’s needed

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8771, Deleted member 24444 and Deleted member 19766
Yeah but no one’s just gonna give you a lefort 1 they’ll do consultations and see if it’s needed
when would it be needed by itself? only underbite cases?

They will tbh I have like -10 occlusal plane jfl

Lmao look at this cope, almost all surgeons would give you bimax for aesthetic purposes

• +1
Reactions: pajeetmaxxing and depressionmaxxing
it is moved but the nose to orbits area is not touched by a regular lf1. lf2 or high cut lf 1 would advance it tho. implants are therefor used to give the illusion of a less recessed midface area.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 24444 and Deleted member 19766
They will tbh I have like -10 occlusal plane jfl
how does le fort 1 affect occlusal plane? sorry if this is a dumb question but I thought only bimax ccw does?

• +1
Reactions: depressionmaxxing
it is moved but the nose to orbits area is not touched by a regular lf1. lf2 or high cut lf 1 would advance it tho. implants are therefor used to give the illusion of a less recessed midface area.
So if say I am a paranasal implant candidate, I wouldn't need it if I am getting bimax with a surgeon like Alfaro right?

how does le fort 1 affect occlusal plane? sorry if this is a dumb question but I thought only bimax ccw does?
Yah only rotation movement affect the occlusal plane. Bimax include both Lefort 1 osteotomy with movements like CW or CCW if needed and lower jaw osteotomy

• +1
the entire upper jaw is the whole maxilla. lf1 does not move the whole maxilla but a part of it
you can either do impaction anterior or posterior depending on malocclusion (gummy smile).
you can affect the occlusal plane without impaction aswell, by doing ccw or cw rotation. another movement is linear, but this wouldnt change the plane
So if say I am a paranasal implant candidate, I wouldn't need it if I am getting bimax with a surgeon like Alfaro right?
implants are for aesthetical reasons so no you dont need it. If you want them tho you have to discuss this with a surgeon who does this and is qualified.

Attachments

• 7CD9FAD3-1BBA-44BD-A7B7-CCF9FB12DF01.png
    7CD9FAD3-1BBA-44BD-A7B7-CCF9FB12DF01.png
    191 KB · Views: 0
  • 16E847A8-EA1C-45FE-90E8-C96B7FC2C1D4.jpeg
    16E847A8-EA1C-45FE-90E8-C96B7FC2C1D4.jpeg
    54.7 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
I’m talking about just lefort 1
Why would u get that alone tho ? Unless you have an underbite or overbite lf1 and bsso should be done together

• +1
Reactions: 5OuttaTen
Why would u get that alone tho ? Unless you have an underbite or overbite lf1 and bsso should be done together
I didn’t say people should get it alone, if it’s for aesthetics only then bimax should always be the move

Yah only rotation movement affect the occlusal plane. Bimax include both Lefort 1 osteotomy with movements like CW or CCW if needed and lower jaw osteotomy
so in order to get ccw you NEED bimax right? you cant get le fort 1 CCW?
what if you have an underbite but you need CCW? could you just only get the upper jaw moved forward and get CCW with it? or do you HAVE to move the lower jaw forward (BSSO) too for the full bimax package in order to get CCW?

the entire upper jaw is the whole maxilla. lf1 does not move the whole maxilla but a part of it

you can either do impaction anterior or posterior depending on malocclusion (gummy smile).
you can affect the occlusal plane without impaction aswell, by doing ccw or cw rotation. another movement is linear, but this wouldnt change the plane

implants are for aesthetical reasons so no you dont need it. If you want them tho you have to discuss this with a surgeon who does this and is qualified.
read my above message, i am confused if you can just get le fort 1 by itself without BSSO (aka not a full bimax) and still get CCW. i have an underbite and am CW so I just need my upper jaw moved forward, not my lower, but I hear ccw/cw is only done with bimax which is BSSO+Le Fort 1 so is BSSO required to do CCW?

I would ideally need a le fort 1 advancement forward + CCW rotation + posterior impaction, could I do this all in one go? Is it even possible to do all of this together? (I think it should be, but just curious)

• +1
read my above message, i am confused if you can just get le fort 1 by itself without BSSO (aka not a full bimax) and still get CCW. i have an underbite and am CW so I just need my upper jaw moved forward, not my lower, but I hear ccw/cw is only done with bimax which is BSSO+Le Fort 1 so is BSSO required to do CCW?

I would ideally need a le fort 1 advancement forward + CCW rotation + posterior impaction, could I do this all in one go? Is it even possible to do all of this together? (I think it should be, but just curious)
yeah this is very doable.

lf1 can be done without bsso if your lower jaw doesnt need any work. most of the time its still better to move both tho. You need scans and everything to make this decision it varys from case to case

Ig you have a gummy smile aswell?
therefor a high gonial angle i guess, which is why you want ccw?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 24444 and Deleted member 19766
yeah this is very doable.

lf1 can be done without bsso if your lower jaw doesnt need any work. most of the time its still better to move both tho. You need scans and everything to make this decision it varys from case to case

Ig you have a gummy smile aswell?
therefor a high gonial angle i guess, which is why you want ccw?
yup, gummy smile, high gonial angle, underbite!

• +1
you planning on reducing or advancing the lower jaw?
i will prob either do nothing or advance, reducing is like never a good idea for anything imo, would you concur?

• +1
i will prob either do nothing or advance, reducing is like never a good idea for anything imo, would you concur?
realiy depends on if your maxilla is just too recessed or if your lower jaw grew excessively