What exactly do max facs do to prevent nose changes during LF1 and how effective is it?

ifyouwannabemylover

ifyouwannabemylover

Ascended
alar suture or whatever it's called? I'd say my nose tip has a perfect upturn right now and doing visibly more would cuck it. can this be prevented?

can't really find any useful info on this

@SixCRY @LooksOverAll @RealSurgerymax @Acromegaly_Chad

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Skywalker
Not sure at all anymore. I see results where someone's nose gets absolutely fucked and then I see others where their paranasal area fills out perfectly and actually looks better:

RDT 20211109 2305134242516457041890767
RDT 20211109 2305168111583851936106993

This guy apparently got 8 mm linear advancement and his nose looks better now.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 19766, valhalar, AscendingHero and 10 others
Not sure at all anymore. I see results where someone's nose gets absolutely fucked and then I see others where their paranasal area fills out perfectly and actually looks better:

View attachment 1398443View attachment 1398444

his nose tip cartilage looks like the rigid box type so maybe thats why theres no visible difference like it didnt get pushed out and upturned

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: subhuman incel, Deleted member 7725 and ifyouwannabemylover

doesn't look like it changed at all to me. maybe a veeeeeeery slight tip upturn.

good news for me though because I want minimal to no changes in that regard.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3573 and Deleted member 7725
I think they can only prevent widening with alar stitch. I don't think they can do anything against upturning but not sure.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14262 and Deleted member 756

he 100% sure got alar cinch + VY closure

8mm linear is a nose destroyer without some nose work

U can avoid bad nose result with VY closure and alar stitch

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: valhalar, AscendingHero, lilhorizontal32 and 4 others

what does VY closure do? I want to avoid more tip projection especially. how does CCW advancement compare to linear advancement when it comes to effects on nose?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8988
what does VY closure do? I want to avoid more tip projection especially. how does CCW advancement compare to linear advancement when it comes to effects on nose?
I'm sure if you go to a good blackpilled surgeon, they can avoid any and all nose changes by literally shaving down your ANS.

CCW advancement will have much less effect on the nose.

• Love it
Reactions: ifyouwannabemylover
I'm sure if you go to a good blackpilled surgeon, they can avoid any and all nose changes by literally shaving down your ANS.

CCW advancement will have much less effect on the nose.
elab?

pm'ed you

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Silver, DEFAULT and ifyouwannabemylover
Raffaini uses a lower cut that doesn't include the ANS point

Ramieri uses an alar cinch

Alfaro uses a technique where he does a normal lefort 1 cut but then cuts a V shape into where the ANS point is to ensure this point only is not advanced

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: subhuman incel, Silver, Deleted member 14262 and 4 others

Alfaro uses a technique where he does a normal lefort 1 cut but then cuts a V shape into where the ANS point is to ensure this point only is not advanced
do you have any sources about these that I can read up on?

View attachment 1399029

See that little bone sticking out above the "A" point on that image? That's the ANS. Some skilled surgeons shave it in order to preserve your nose aesthetics.

the osteotomy has to look pretty much like this then right?

Osteot

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7725
If the maxilla is coming forward then the tip of the nose usually has to come forward as well. Alar cinch, v-y closure, subspinal, all will have flattening if the nose if maxilla is coming forward without nose coming forward PERIOD.

• +1
Reactions: reptiles, Racky, AscendingHero and 3 others
If the maxilla is coming forward then the tip of the nose usually has to come forward as well. Alar cinch, v-y closure, subspinal, all will have flattening if the nose if maxilla is coming forward without nose coming forward PERIOD.
if you get only little maxillary advancement you probably have a better chance of getting away with keeping the nose where it is, don't you think? I mean the guy in the pics posted above looks like he mainly had BSSO and I see no significant changes to his nose at all.

in my case I'm eyeballing 3-4mm lefort 1 and then 6-7mm BSSO to correct the slight overjet that I have.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax
do you have any sources about these that I can read up on?
Yes sure

Raffaini:

Alfaro:
You can view this in all his videos on his website that show the simulation

also this:

also this:
Screenshot 20210920 213910 Samsung Internet 1

Ramieri: Told me himself
the osteotomy has to look pretty much like this then right?

View attachment 1399056
Yes this more like the alfaro cut than the raffaini one though

• +1
Reactions: Silver and ifyouwannabemylover
why you need lf1 with an upturned nose? :feelswat:

Yes sure

Raffaini:

Alfaro:
You can view this in all his videos on his website that show the simulation

also this:

also this:
View attachment 1399256

Ramieri: Told me himself

Yes this more like the alfaro cut than the raffaini one though

fucking based bro

been going through alfaro's videos and the one most similar to my profile had little to no upturn

why you need lf1 with an upturned nose? :feelswat:
idk it just happens
Beforeafter

• +1
Reactions: MeinChadf
if you get only little maxillary advancement you probably have a better chance of getting away with keeping the nose where it is, don't you think? I mean the guy in the pics posted above looks like he mainly had BSSO and I see no significant changes to his nose at all.

in my case I'm eyeballing 3-4mm lefort 1 and then 6-7mm BSSO to correct the slight overjet that I have.
Yes minimal nose changes

• +1
Reactions: Skywalker and ifyouwannabemylover
Yes minimal nose changes
what do you think of that V osteotomy technique that alfaro does to exclude the ANS compared to a regular lefort 1? he seems to always do that

here's one of his class 2 results

Alfaro

Alfaro2

I'd get less advancement than that (as you can see above), so if I could get away with even less nose changes than this patient, it would be perfect tbh.

Last edited:
what do you think of that V osteotomy technique that alfaro does to exclude the ANS compared to a regular lefort 1? he seems to always do that

here's one of his class 2 results

View attachment 1399495

View attachment 1399496

I'd get less advancement than that (as you can see above), so if I could get away with even less nose changes than this patient, it would be perfect tbh.
Dont like it. Everything should come forward and if that means you need a rhinoplasty later then thats ok.

doesn't look like it changed at all to me. maybe a veeeeeeery slight tip upturn.

good news for me though because I want minimal to no changes in that regard.
couldnt you just get rhino anyway?

Dont like it. Everything should come forward and if that means you need a rhinoplasty later then thats ok.
couldnt you just get rhino anyway?
I guess there's an aspect of not looking "operated on" and keeping your individuality that some people tend to underrate. rhino especially is like a bulldozer in that regard because of how much individual character noses tend to have.

I'd say getting rhino for the most part pretty much eliminates your chances of looking like you didn't get surgery. nevermind the high revision rates and additional cost.

so +1 for alfaro from my side

• +1
Is there a name for the type of rhinoplasty used to get your nose back to its pre-surgery form? To counter act the nose projection and width increase

• +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax
Is there a name for the type of rhinoplasty used to get your nose back to its pre-surgery form? To counter act the nose projection and width increase
Septal Extension Graft.

• Love it

this is still one of the most interesting results I have seen.

his movements go against everything we say here on PSL to achieve an aesthetic result and yet it is easily one of the biggest bimax ascensions on the internet

Its brutally over for you
I am so sorry tallfag

Why's everyone so against nasal projection? What kind of projection are we talking about? Personally I'd want my nose to have slightly more projection as I see pointier or more angled noses as adding more character to the face especially at 3/4 angle.

It gives a face that "sharp" look that no other feature gives imo.

Sorry but I'm struggling to grasp what you're trying to say

Two quick-fire questions

1. I want to get an alar cinch suture during my MSE treatment to limit/quell any alar widening , thoughts on this? Would alar cinch suture impede any breathing gains from MSE ?

2. What's the best way to fix recessed nasal apertures and advance the ANS? Would alar cinch suture flatten the nose?

How much at the mandible?

Sorry but I'm struggling to grasp what you're trying to say

Two quick-fire questions

1. I want to get an alar cinch suture during my MSE treatment to limit/quell any alar widening , thoughts on this? Would alar cinch suture impede any breathing gains from MSE ?

2. What's the best way to fix recessed nasal apertures and advance the ANS? Would alar cinch suture flatten the nose?
If you are birdcell subspinal is the way to go.

As far as i know alar suture has a bad rep and most prefer to fix nose via other means