What exactly makes a hair strand sensitive to DHT

D

Deleted member 19944

Mistral
I'm kind of wondering what about the follicle. the blood vessel being restricted? or its shape?

• +1
Reactions: Giorgio
I made a thread about this two years ago. It's DNA methylation of the androgen receptor gene

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: RAITEIII, gribsufer1 and szolliontaraelis
I made a thread about this two years ago. It's DNA methylation of the androgen receptor gene
the androgen receptor gene in specific areas? or is there a preprogrammed central core in our body that dictates somtehing about our androgen receptors.

what is methylation. simple terms.

Does the prolactin your hair follicle produces have anything to do with this? What are your thoughts on the prolactin antibody that’s being tested as a hair loss treatment right now?
I don't know anything about this

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16371
I think a role play the subcutaneous fat tissue on the scalp. Subcutaneous fat produces estrogen in small amounts also it makes the scalp less tight. With advancing age, this subcutaneous tissue atrophies (also the subcutaneous fat in your face) that could be the reason why most older man in their 40/50s go bald even when their testosterone levels go down.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16371
I think a role play the subcutaneous fat tissue on the scalp. Subcutaneous fat produces estrogen in small amounts also it makes the scalp less tight. With advancing age, this subcutaneous tissue atrophies (also the subcutaneous fat in your face) that could be the reason why most older man in their 40/50s go bald even when their testosterone levels go down.
what do you think of the methylation theory that guy was talking abt

When my hairloss progresses I feel less fat in my scalp lol

what do you think of the methylation theory that guy was talking abt
I will read it tomorrow and let you now. I also want to try lipofilling for my scalp, there are some case studies but the question is if the added fat will only make the scalp less tigth or if it can build the estrogen.

Maybe lower CAG trinueotide repeats in AR promoter. Maybe SNPs that favor an allosteric conformation of the ligand-receptor complex more conducive to initiate transcription of AREs. I can think of other possibilities

• +1
Reactions: RAITEIII
Maybe lower CAG trinueotide repeats in AR promoter. Maybe SNPs that favor an allosteric conformation of the ligand-receptor complex more conducive to initiate transcription of AREs. I can think of other possibilities
I don't know what you said but I worked with the second choice that you propose and it's the main path in which I'd treat (and have treated) hairloss. However, researching these compounds efficiently is honestly not within my reach other than looking at general conclusions.

@DrTony If you don't mind to take a moment to stop Flexing your knowledge to us young incels, may I ask what in vivo effect would you reckon 5Aza to have when in contact with cells regarding nuclear receptors?

Last edited: