What exercises can help to fix body asymmetry

M

mirmulnir

Iron
Right side of my body feels more supported than the left. Hip, shoulder, even ear jfl.
I believe it also causes asymmetry in my face.
So what exercises can possibly fix bad posture and improve symmetry?

you probably have more mobility on one side than the other
do a bunch of different mobility exercises to try and pinpoint where the issue is

• +1
Reactions: depressionmaxxing
you probably have more mobility on one side than the other
do a bunch of different mobility exercises to try and pinpoint where the issue is
Define "issue"?

In what position do you sleep?

• Hmm...
Reactions: mirmulnir
Based Skyrim dragon username.

I am asymmetrical too because fencing for 4 years fucked up my aesthetic. My right arm is like an inch longer than my left, and the bone is thicker too. I also have scoliosis to top it off. I hate it.

The only thing you can really do without spending tons of money to look good is just go to the gym and make sure your left side works just as hard as your right side while exercising. Avoid asymmetric exercises; only do machine supported exercises, since they force you to have perfect form. Try hanging from metal bars too, as the gravity will stretch out all your back muscles evenly. In general, do NOT put stress on your back, especially your lower back; otherwise your body will try to offset the stress and save your spine by loading off the weight/stress to one side.

Make yourself conscious of your posture at all times. Always sit, stand, and walk in such a way that you can show your full height without straining your back muscles. If you feel that your back muscles are working too hard to maintain posture, it means your abs are weak. Use your abs for good posture. It is the only muscle you can use to have good posture without putting the bad kind of stress on your body.

One more thing; avoid excessive phone usage/screentime in general. Screens will destroy your neck. Keep your neck upright as much as you can as well.

• Love it
Reactions: mirmulnir