What exercises can I do for lower body at home?

D

Deleted member 22124

Prosocial, accountable, well-adjusted participant
I do things like glute bridge, unilateral SLD, leg raise, donkey kicks, goblet squat, but I need some new ideas. Variation is key.

I have DBs and BB, but no rack.

One leg squat.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22124
Bulgarian split squats and romanian deadlifts

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22124
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5815
  • +1
I do them sometimes. Haven't done romanians for some time tho
In my experience SLDs are worse than RDLs for overall hamstring development + they neglect glutes, but they're pretty much same shit for natties. Bulgarians are killer if you don't have equipment though so I wouldn't skip them.

That seems so hard. I guess I would start with bw while holding onto something and progress from there?
I did them when I was doing strictly calisthenics, if you cam squat your weight (most people can with moderate training) it's mostly balance that's hard so yeah have something to hold on to when starting.

I did them when I was doing strictly calisthenics, if you cam squat your weight (most people can with moderate training) it's mostly balance that's hard so yeah have something to hold on to when starting.
Problem is my grip gives out before my legs. Would using training gloves help with that?

• +1
Problem is my grip gives out before my legs. Would using training gloves help with that?
I assume you are talking about rdls. I had same issue and found using assistance wouldn't be a good decision long term, so instead work on your grip and incorporate them as often as possible to get better grip (doesn't matter if you don't reach muscular failure you don't do them for that you do it for grip). There's no better way to increase grip strength than simply do things that involve holding onto something

I assume you are talking about rdls. I had same issue and found using assistance wouldn't be a good decision long term, so instead work on your grip and incorporate them as often as possible to get better grip (doesn't matter if you don't reach muscular failure you don't do them for that you do it for grip). There's no better way to increase grip strength than simply do things that involve holding onto something
The thread is about leg training tho

The thread is about leg training tho
I know, but I'm saying do the rdls until your grip strength is good enough to do functional rdls for leg imrpovement.