What eye surgeries are ok to get before bimax?

Tobias Fünke

Tobias Fünke

Proudly Stallonepilled
I know that it is not advised on this forum to get eye surgery before bimax (presumably because bimax can affect eye area so can alter the result achieved during the eye surgery).

But I'm having to wear braces for a year before bimax and I'd like to use that time improving my other weak points.

So orbital implants and probably cantho would be a bad idea before DJS. But would under eye fat fillers and decompression be ok? I can't see how bimax could have a negative effect on these.

I know that it is not advised on this forum to get eye surgery before bimax (presumably because bimax can affect eye area so can alter the result achieved during the eye surgery).

But I'm having to wear braces for a year before bimax and I'd like to use that time improving my other weak points.

So orbital implants and probably cantho would be a bad idea before DJS. But would under eye fat fillers and decompression be ok? I can't see how bimax could have a negative effect on these.
Braces before jaw surgery aren't necessary btw

• +1
Reactions: oldcelloser

Probably it would be better to fix eye area after jaw surgery. Because of changes in soft tissue after the bones movement.

• +1
Reactions: Tobias Fünke and CtrlAltDelete
Braces before jaw surgery aren't necessary btw

Unfortunately my ortho and surgeon are both in agreement that I need them. I know that there are some who do surgery first, but mine aren't willing to do that.