what fixed my acne (+small tips no one talks about)

D

Deleted member 15302

Platinum
Went from gigaacnecel where my face was literally always in constant pain (i have acnecel stories where my pimples would almost burst onto people) to basically clear skin, now im just working on fixing hyperpigmentation. I don't even wash my face every night and morning anymore because im lazy and still don't break out for more than a day.

Tips:
- Cleanse in morning
- Cleanse before you go to sleep
- Rinse face after workout/sweaty
- Moisturize in morning
- Moisturize at night
- Sunscreen in morning
- Tretinoin + benzoyl peroxide at night (let it sit 10 minutes before using moisturizer, let moisturizer sit for 5 minutes before putting face on pillow; most nights i don't even use this but it definitely made a huge difference)
- Use a different pillow case every other day: rotate pillow upside down to get 2 uses out of one pillow case, don't flip the pillow case as the area under your pillow case will collect bacteria and dead skin cells and shit; this made a huge difference, i also use a random tshirt a lot of the time instead of a pillow case because i dont have enough pillow cases and am too lazy to wash that shit every couple days
- wash/change towels often: this made a huge difference
- dont stress about nothin
- sleep 10 hours a night (helps a lot, i barely do this though, i never break out when i sleep a full night)
- shave less often (i use phillips razor one blade)
- don't wear a mask

don't use any products that make your skin irritate. you should never feel any burning or irritation from any product you use. the products you use are extremely important; for me, cerave would irritate my skin and break me out, as well as cetaphil. etude house cleanser and moisturizer didn't irritate my skin. la roche pussy sunscreen didn't irritate my skin. also try new hair products as your hair products could be irritating your skin.

• +1
Reactions: XANAX, ChristianChad, Preoximerianas and 2 others
Doesnt cleansing 2 times a day dries your skin?

• +1
Reactions: rand anon
yes but you don't want bacteria to sit on your face for 9 hours overnight. you don't want dead skin cells that you shed during ur sleep to sit on your face throughout the day. it shouldn't dry out your skin that much + that's why you moisturize

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy
yes but you don't want bacteria to sit on your face for 9 hours overnight. you don't want dead skin cells that you shed during ur sleep to sit on your face throughout the day. it shouldn't dry out your skin that much + that's why you moisturize
No shit you should moisturize and cleanse every evening, but morning cleansing makes my skin look dry even with moisturizing i dunno why, i just use cold water in morning and paper towels during day to get rid of oily shine on face.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
No shit you should moisturize and cleanse every evening, but morning cleansing makes my skin look dry even with moisturizing i dunno why, i just use cold water in morning and paper towels during day to get rid of oily shine on face.
you shouldn't use cold water as it closes your pores before cleansing. you probably need a better moisturizer

also don't use "paper towels to get rid of the shine" throughout the day as that will make your skin produce more oil in order to compensate for you taking away the oil. a quick wipe with the back of your finger should be fine but unless ur doing physical activity you shouldn't have to worry about wiping off at all

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and Renai
if you have that problem use a moisturizing cleanser or cleansing oils instead

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad, Good_Little_Goy and Renai
Went from gigaacnecel where my face was literally always in constant pain (i have acnecel stories where my pimples would almost burst onto people) to basically clear skin, now im just working on fixing hyperpigmentation. I don't even wash my face every night and morning anymore because im lazy and still don't break out for more than a day.

Tips:
- Cleanse in morning
- Cleanse before you go to sleep
- Rinse face after workout/sweaty
- Moisturize in morning
- Moisturize at night
- Sunscreen in morning
- Tretinoin + benzoyl peroxide at night (let it sit 10 minutes before using moisturizer, let moisturizer sit for 5 minutes before putting face on pillow; most nights i don't even use this but it definitely made a huge difference)
- Use a different pillow case every other day: rotate pillow upside down to get 2 uses out of one pillow case, don't flip the pillow case as the area under your pillow case will collect bacteria and dead skin cells and shit; this made a huge difference, i also use a random tshirt a lot of the time instead of a pillow case because i dont have enough pillow cases and am too lazy to wash that shit every couple days
- wash/change towels often: this made a huge difference
- dont stress about nothin
- sleep 10 hours a night (helps a lot, i barely do this though, i never break out when i sleep a full night)
- shave less often (i use phillips razor one blade)
- don't wear a mask

don't use any products that make your skin irritate. you should never feel any burning or irritation from any product you use. the products you use are extremely important; for me, cerave would irritate my skin and break me out, as well as cetaphil. etude house cleanser and moisturizer didn't irritate my skin. la roche pussy sunscreen didn't irritate my skin. also try new hair products as your hair products could be irritating your skin.

What's your plan on fixing hyperpigmentation care to explain?

What's your plan on fixing hyperpigmentation care to explain?
keep sticking to the basics: cleanser, moisturizer, sunscreen. also exfoliate weekly, microneedle weekly, also going to be running mk cycles soon which should help. Hopefully after a few years my hyperpigmentation will be completely fixed. If it’s not gone by then i will contemplate accutane.

keep sticking to the basics: cleanser, moisturizer, sunscreen. also exfoliate weekly, microneedle weekly, also going to be running mk cycles soon which should help. Hopefully after a few years my hyperpigmentation will be completely fixed. If it’s not gone by then i will contemplate accutane.
Dont use accutane your hair might thin out due to its side effect, rest sounds good.

Honestly this is super underrated imo and difficullt but eliminating sugars from your diet, if you can stick to a high protein diet, healthy fats such as salmon and keep your carbs to wholegrains only(which may have some but hardly any added sugars) your skin will defo get better for sure

Dont use accutane your hair might thin out due to its side effect, rest sounds good.
accutane is last resort after i attempt every cope on this site including red light therapy, serums, and anything else i can find

• +1
Reactions: Whaddup
Honestly this is super underrated imo and difficullt but eliminating sugars from your diet, if you can stick to a high protein diet, healthy fats such as salmon and keep your carbs to wholegrains only(which may have some but hardly any added sugars) your skin will defo get better for sure
Yea my diet has improved a lot since i began gymcelling so that might have had an effect compared to eating buttery and greasy foods every other day before

• +1
Reactions: chasingaesthetics
All of them is cope except tret