What goal should I pursue?

K

kantero

Bronze
What I have:
- 17yo, 183 cm, 69 kg
- 16.5 cm wrists, legs look pretty solid, but arms are pretty skinny in terms of bones (have some tissues so, dont look like skeleton)
- pretty short torso, i guess; protruding femurs (hips); not really wide ribcage, but medium at least shoulders; longish neck, combined with torso, ruin aesthetics or proportions (maybe its BDD, but i think it doesnt look good)
- appetite is medium at least, but i cant eat big amount of food in one go, even some skinnier guys can eat twice as much

What I do:
- do simple workouts a.k.a. push-ups, pull ups and squats. Lost my shape, so im not really good at it now
- try to cut sugar and salt, ate less overall in summer but now i regressed a bit
- wanna try to drink more water again

What I want:
- maximally good physique for someone, who is ready to find place for physical activity in his life, but dont want to be professional/fan
- better health, mood, stamina and other physical qualities like strength (no super goals, just want to be overall stronger)

So, questions are:
1. Should i work on becoming dystrophic extra low BF before starting gaining mass (i doubt it, but still)?
2. Should i work on putting mass?
2.1. Should i work on putting mass classically or recompositioning?
3. Should i progress with calisthenics first (to be able to do like 30 push ups and 15 pull ups with my weight), then add some extra weight and then gym? (not sure if i can afford gym now + its more comfortable to do calisthenics at home, yeah)
4. Should i fully avoid shit food (no fastfood, but i like to eat something with sugar sometimes lately) or do some cheat meals sometimes, but try to avoid empty food?
5. General rules in terms of diet?

If you need more information, ask about it.
Possibly will add some questions later. You're welcome to leave your advices too, not only answers for questions.

P.S. I know about some gym and calisthenics reddits, but my question is kinda mixed, so i would like to try here first. You can provide resources that can help though

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
Recompositioning is shit as a natural lifter. If you're a completely new to lifting and obese then you can build muscle naturally as you cut down but beyond that it's a very slow and inefficient way to do things.

So you're 152 lbs at 6'. That's tiny, definitely bulk up.

Go to a gym, they aren't that expensive and will be more effective for getting a good physique then calisthenics.

If your appetite isn't great you don't need to avoid fast food completely but should mostly be eating clean.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Deleted member 281, satoshisacuck and 1 other person
I want to drink more water too but it is the cold season and the water is freezing

• +1
Recompositioning is shit as a natural lifter. If you're a completely new to lifting and obese then you can build muscle naturally as you cut down but beyond that it's a very slow and inefficient way to do things.

So you're 152 lbs at 6'. That's tiny, definitely bulk up.

Go to a gym, they aren't that expensive and will be more effective for getting a good physique then calisthenics.

If your appetite isn't great you don't need to avoid fast food completely but should mostly be eating clean.
1) Will i lose something if i will still prefer to start from calisthenics or possibly calisthenics + weight?
2) I avoid eating fast-food to keep my skin clearer because its prone to be oily + acne.
3) Im scared to become fat and lose definition because of bulking, tbh

• +1
1) Will i lose something if i will still prefer to start from calisthenics or possibly calisthenics + weight?
Yes, there are certain parts of muscles that you won't be able to get much hypertrophy in if you just do calisthenics. Like outer and rear delts, lower back, and center back and traps. Also legs.

2) I avoid eating fast-food to keep my skin clearer because its prone to be oily + acne.
Just force feed yourself clean food then. A few spoonfuls of peanut butter and a few tablespoons of olive oil throughout the day can add extra calories.

You'll lose some definition but that's just the nature of the game.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Tricky

You might think you look lean now, but in a Tee shirt, you just look like a skinny guy. I'd rather look big in a Tee shirt than have really defined abs. The shredded guys you see with Abs who look good in clothing have been either lifting for many, many years, or are on PED's.

• +1
Make money, money gives things like roids and surgery.

• +1