What happened to my friend? | existential crisis

alcoholicToad

alcoholicToad

Bronze
I’m 19 and I basically completely wasted my teenage years, there is honestly no question about it.

Anyway, my best friend has been acting very differently lately. No matter what time I ask to hang out with him, he has some form of “work” on (he works at a car dealership).

But his behaviour is different too, it’s like he’s become completely red-pilled. I know that might sound like a retarded thing to say, but I’ve noticed that his behaviour is completely different. He explained to me how he now believes “making a lot of money” will make him happy and fulfilled, and it was basically just this idea that everything else is a distraction and how people need to prioritise longterm goals in order to be truly happy longterm.

We used to fuck around a lot with random people in public, and no matter what we always had a good time. Now though, it feels like he’s a completely different person. Like today I tired hanging out with him and it really felt like the entire time he was judging me, I had a bit to drink and he looked uncomfortable the entire time (before he would’ve laughed at me and we would’ve walked around messing with random people).

I explained my own worldview to him too, how any promise of happiness in the future is most likely a scam created by our own minds to ensure the human race continues on, and he just laughed at me.

This has really fucked with my head, I feel like I’ve lost my best friend to some red-pilled bullshit. It literally felt like he was mocking my own worldview, because he’s somehow a changed person all of a sudden who takes more pride in himself or whatever the fuck.

I genuinely can’t tell if I’m overreacting, but it actually feels like it’s over. I basically wasted my teenage years, and now it feels like I’ve lost my best-friend because no matter what, he’s gonna refuse to have any fun since it apparently contradicts his “longterm goals” .

Thoughts?

• +1
Reactions: Darkeningstar
gayest shit i ever read, you should experience war imo

• JFL
Reactions: Elijah_leo
It can happen. And you should have realized that that was not the right time to share your thoughts. You can "retrieve" your friend, perhaps, however, you might be at risk of a breakup if you put to burn what he thinks is right.