What if we all just pooled our money into investing in a high dividend yield ETF?

so_cold97

so_cold97

Iron
1-5% yield per quarter, dividend reinvestment program, huge upfront capital returns large dividend investing in even more capital building a cycle of massive capital up front. I haven't thought this through but would that beat individually investing?
If you got like 100 people (no chance) to put in $1000, $100,000 invested in SPY, usually 1.6% yield per year ($5.3 per year per share at $313 share price = owning 319 shares = $1690 in dividend reinvested in purchasing 5 more shares). I don't feel like doing the math but I think in 10 years the investment would be worth a stupid amount of money and distributed amongts everyone will still give better gains than trying to invest on your own.

Honestly you'd have to be patient and no one would trust someone holding a portfolio like that.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer, Deleted member 3270, Lux and 2 others
I prefer gambling on calls on puts

1-5% yield per quarter, dividend reinvestment program, huge upfront capital returns large dividend investing in even more capital building a cycle of massive capital up front. I haven't thought this through but would that beat individually investing?
If you got like 100 people (no chance) to put in $1000, $100,000 invested in SPY, usually 1.6% yield per year ($5.3 per year per share at $313 share price = owning 319 shares = $1690 in dividend reinvested in purchasing 5 more shares). I don't feel like doing the math but I think in 10 years the investment would be worth a stupid amount of money and distributed amongts everyone will still give better gains than trying to invest on your own.

Honestly you'd have to be patient and no one would trust someone holding a portfolio like that.
If everyone on here donated a dollar to you everyday you’d be a millionaire doesn’t mean anyone is doing it

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: piscicide, RealSurgerymax and Lux
has that worked out well? Idk if its even worth it - I make good income and just save everything.
Keeping money in a bank account is literally wasting money, it's worth less and less every second the clock ticks.

has that worked out well? Idk if its even worth it - I make good income and just save everything.
I just do it for fun with any extra money I have. I have made some crazy profits, in the 1500% range, but have also lost the same amount multiple times

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 3902