What is a deep bite?

mvp2v1

mvp2v1

Show me your bones & I will show you ur destiny
Can someone knowledgeable explain to me a deep bite from beginning to end? How does it come about and develop, what are the results? Currently, I hve a vague idea but I am not comfortable with my comprehension. Anyone know?

Can someone knowledgeable explain to me a deep bite from beginning to end? How does it come about and develop, what are the results? Currently, I hve a vague idea but I am not comfortable with my comprehension. Anyone know?
@ArvidGustavsson can tell you about it

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1
Ded srs its the least bad type of recession because its so fkn easy to fraud.

I have a deepbite which is where bottom teeth are behind the front teeth by a fair amount. I've made it natural to always jut my jaw to align it which means its barely a problem irl.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 18776, Diederick Kastner, datboijj and 1 other person
basically it's a bite that's quite deep

• Woah

I have a deepbite which is where bottom teeth are behind the front teeth by a fair amount. I've made it natural to always jut my jaw to align it which means its barely a problem irl.
@ArvidGustavsson can tell you about it
Bro! this isn't knowledgeable :lul:

Bro! this isn't knowledgeable :lul:
"Please tell me about the evolutionary biology and orthodontic knowledge about a certain bite instead of telling me how to improve :soy::soy::soy: I'd rather feel like I'm doing something productive :feelsgood:"

• JFL
Reactions: datboijj
"Please tell me about the evolutionary biology and orthodontic knowledge about a certain bite instead of telling me how to improve :soy::soy::soy: I'd rather feel like I'm doing something productive :feelsgood:"
okay. 1. your jutting cope only works if your maxilla is not fucked which mine is. 2. your jutting cope will bring about even more issues. a deep bite is more than an aesthetic flaw, its a health issue. its a deformaty.

• +1
Reactions: ifyouwannabemylover
okay. 1. your jutting cope only works if your maxilla is not fucked which mine is. 2. your jutting cope will bring about even more issues. a deep bite is more than an aesthetic flaw, its a health issue. its a deformaty.
"Its a health issue"
1517951557579.gif

Don't forget take your 3rd booster now that monkey pox is being talked about

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Lonenely sigma, sneakaz, PointOfNoReturn and 2 others
deep bite/overbite is when teeth overlap vertically.

if I'm reading that right then you have an overjet

• +1
Reactions: Slob and Deleted
if I'm reading that right then you have an overjet
Front teeth don't protrude and look normal which is lucky bcuz it means my smile isn't fucked. My bottom teeth are the ones behind and the middle front is taller than the sides which is why its almost fully hidden if i close my teeth and open mouth.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Slob and ifyouwannabemylover
it's a very severe overbite caused by skeletal discrepancy between lower third and maxilla (recession)

Front teeth don't protrude and look normal which is lucky bcuz it means my smile isn't fucked. My bottom teeth are the ones behind and the middle front is taller than the sides which is why its almost fully hidden if i close my teeth and open mouth.
are you talking about this?
Oj

or this?
Db

• +1
Reactions: Deleted

this is exactly what I'm saying
i have the same problem and i use the same solution

I have overbite and i dont see it as a problem

So nobody knowledgeable will comment on this? :lul:

I have a deep bite and i just jutt abit so it isn't noticeable but i can't see any of my fucking teeth at all when i talk
someone deadass asked me if i have front teeth once :lul:

So nobody knowledgeable will comment on this? :lul:
deep bite is the same as overbite aka excess vertical overlap between upper and lower front teeth. overjet is excess horizontal overlap.

the term "overbite" is mistakenly used to describe overjets all the time.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: bradpittshairline and Slob
deep bite is the same as overbite aka excess vertical overlap between upper and lower front teeth. overjet is excess horizontal overlap.

the term "overbite" is mistakenly used to describe overjets all the time.
In a deep bite the molars are intruded. It has further consequences: a smaller gonial angle for instance. In my case the angle is 130 because I also mouthbreathed. Furthermore I believe it causes an "underdeveloped" mandible. Now even sure what that means thus this question.

In a deep bite the molars are intruded. It has further consequences: a smaller gonial angle for instance. In my case the angle is 130 because I also mouthbreathed. Furthermore I believe it causes an "underdeveloped" mandible. Now even sure what that means thus this question.
tldr bimax or ldar until the end of days

if your teeth are fucked to this degree then your jaws are fucked too

post side profile
Yes my side profile is as cucked as my front profile. My maxilla is notably retruded and downswung (especially downswung because of past ortho work). Bimax would benefit me although I dont like bimax for reasons. My question though is how it fixes a deep bite. No offense but I dont think you know in detail what a deep bite is. I think we know perhaps the same amount about it.

Pics are not working I'll just link the article, probs not relevent as he was a teenager.

• Hmm...
Yes my side profile is as cucked as my front profile. My maxilla is notably retruded and downswung (especially downswung because of past ortho work). Bimax would benefit me although I dont like bimax for reasons. My question though is how it fixes a deep bite. No offense but I dont think you know in detail what a deep bite is. I think we know perhaps the same amount about it.
why do you not want bimax, ascend or die mirin

you'd still need orthodontics with it obv

i
Pics are not working I'll just link the article, probs not relevent as he was a teenager.

dont think he got the right treatment his lower jaw still looks weak, and he is recessed.

why do you not want bimax, ascend or die mirin
Because if you "need bimax" you have a deformed *skull*. NOT just the lefort 1 area, not just the lefort 2 area or even the lefort 3 area! Its the whole skull. Furthermore, its not just about the position of the bones its about the shape and size of the bones. Wolfs law is the only true solution, but its hard, and near impossible for some so for those people there are only copes like bimax and implants as options...

limitations.

i

dont think he got the right treatment his lower jaw still looks weak, and he is recessed.
that is because he did not want surgery

• +1

i have a huge overbite, :feelshehe: but over the year ive successfully been able to jut my jaw forward and i can comfortably form an underbite if i wanted to so i do the same thing. i have permanent retainers too :feelsmega: makes it a lot easier. it will be all fixed when i fix my posterior overbite (which my ortho didnt care to fix)

Because if you "need bimax" you have a deformed *skull*. NOT just the lefort 1 area, not just the lefort 2 area or even the lefort 3 area! Its the whole skull. Furthermore, its not just about the position of the bones its about the shape and size of the bones. Wolfs law is the only true solution, but its hard, and near impossible for some so for those people there are only copes like bimax and implants as options...

limitations.
Chris Evans would ascend with bimax

detaritation of teeth, usally not from brushing your teth for a long timer,etc. u van easily fix it with braces, contact a orthodontist

My current thinking on deep bites is that it may represent a recessed and downswing anterior maxilla. Meaning I think vertical growth and recession can vary by different areas of the maxilla. you can have more on left or right side and you can have more anteriorly or posteriorly. Deep bite is a anterior downswing for he maxilla.

Note this is just an idea I'm playing with atm