What is correct head tilt? (Recession)

optimisticzoomer

optimisticzoomer

Wise old Aboriginal
It's very hard to actually measure how recessed someone is, because there is no universal head tilt. There is the frankfurt plane, but even that doesn't stay constant jfl.

I always judge recession by lining up the ear and eye like this:
20210120 212707

Look at where the top of the ear translates horizontally to the position of the eye. But someone could slightly tilt their head, like this:
20210120 212804

...and look slightly more forward grown.

It's obvious someone is head tilt frauding when it's by an extreme amount, but I think many people slightly head tilt fraud.

Then factors such as eye height and ear size come into play.

So basically you can't accurately measure recession, and many people are more recessed than they first appear

(The same thing goes for midface length and canthal tilt. Tinting

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7173, Deleted member 9072 and MissLexotan6MG
Du1aWoe.png

• +1
Reactions: It'snotover
You literally posted two completely different head tilts. O prys head is tilted down, and no one walks around like that irl
exactly

no one irl sees you from the frankfurt angle either

that changes lol subnasale and glabellar projection differs a lot in ppl.
O pry is clearly looking down more than meeks

exactly

no one irl sees you from the frankfurt angle either
Yeah ik, but I'm saying there's no universal head tilt, and with factors like ear size, u can't properly measure recession

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9072
It's very hard to actually measure how recessed someone is, because there is no universal head tilt. There is the frankfurt plane, but even that doesn't stay constant jfl.

I always judge recession by lining up the ear and eye like this:
View attachment 938602
Look at where the top of the ear translates horizontally to the position of the eye. But someone could slightly tilt their head, like this:
View attachment 938603
...and look slightly more forward grown.

It's obvious someone is head tilt frauding when it's by an extreme amount, but I think many people slightly head tilt fraud.

Then factors such as eye height and ear size come into play.

So basically you can't accurately measure recession, and many people are more recessed than they first appear
?

in frankfort plane the orbitale and tragus are in the same vertical position in the pic.

2nd pic isnt even in frankfurt plane. It will be the same result regardless of how u tilt ur head

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot
Yeah ik, but I'm saying there's no universal head tilt, and with factors like ear size, u can't properly measure recession
yeah
there is no universal head tilt
lots of people fraud side profiles with head tilt anyways

in motion matters the most

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: optimisticzoomer and datboijj
?

in frankfort plane the orbitale and tragus are in the same vertical position in the pic.

2nd pic isnt even in frankfurt plane. It will be the same result regardless of how u tilt ur head
everyone looks like shit from frankfurt angle jfl

?

The area underneath the eye where the point is made is nondescript. There's no marking location, they've just guessed a point. You could make the point slightly higher and then u would look more recessed

?

Screenshot 20210120 214840 Chrome

This is not accurate in the slightest

The area underneath the eye where the point is made is nondescript. There's no marking location, they've just guessed a point. You could make the point slightly higher and then u would look more recessed
cuz u used a pic where u dont know where the orbitale is. Its legit, its just u cant tell where it is by just a pic

I guess the orbitale mostly by looking at when the eyebags or when the eye at the undereye starts showing.

• +1
yeah cuz posture matters too.

If u have shit posture it will make u look worse in side.
Who said (the inconsistent) frankfurt plane is correct posture? Even so, it makes almost anyone recessed, with chin behind brow

Who said (the inconsistent) frankfurt plane is correct posture? Even so, it makes almost anyone recessed, with chin behind brow
?

I dont see how that matters.

U could take a front pic in wrong posture or not and it will be the same result, except lighting.

• +1
?

I dont see how that matters.

U could take a front pic in wrong posture or not and it will be the same result, except lighting.
20210120 215613
20210120 215654

Chico and barrett with frankfurt plane. Jfl at the recession. Chin way behind brow or glabella. Frankfurt plane makes everyone recessed.

(Btw relative recession changes with camera angle - so in other pics they look more forward grown if u rotate the pics to the same angle. Lens distortion and different focal points)

(Btw relative recession changes with camera angle - so in other pics they look more forward grown if u rotate the pics to the same angle. Lens distortion and different focal points)
not proper side profile pics then should be the same
View attachment 938644View attachment 938647
Chico and barrett with frankfurt plane. Jfl at the recession. Chin way behind brow or glabella. Frankfurt plane makes everyone recessed.
soo? They're still less recessed than most people.

Frankfurt plane doesnt have to be proper posture. Its just a way to remove all the posture shit so everyone is at the same head tilt.

• +1
I got sooo blackpilled when I realized I've been frauding this whole time, but there is no going back now. I have to keep my head tilted if I want to look human

Lightning and camera angle is important too
E22ef9d

I got sooo blackpilled when I realized I've been frauding this whole time, but there is no going back now. I have to keep my head tilted if I want to look human
It fucks ur eye area up though from the front

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7173
frankfurt plane takes all that camera angle shit away.

It accounts for it u should just be using a real side pic.
No it doesnt. Rotate both barrett pics to frankfurt plane. In the second pic he is much more forward grown. It's lens distortion and the fact that the second pic is taken from below

also about the midface length and canthal tilt, there is a tilt which most ppl use when doing the facial ratios shit.

u should be at NHP (natural head position)

• +1
also about the midface length and canthal tilt, there is a tilt which most ppl use when doing the facial ratios shit.

u should be at NHP (natural head position)
The whole point of my post is there is no universally agreed "natural head position". Especially since ear size etc are different between people. People with tall ears will look like their head is tilted down more than people with small ears

• +1
Reactions: It'snotover
No it doesnt. Rotate both barrett pics to frankfurt plane. In the second pic he is much more forward grown. It's lens distortion and the fact that the second pic is taken from below
true side pics arent taken below though.

Literally almost every side pic their head is tilted slightly to the left or right.

Lens distortion also isnt the same as camera angle.

• +1
true side pics arent taken below though.

Literally almost every side pic their head is tilted slightly to the left or right.

Lens distortion also isnt the same as camera angle.
But camera angle contributes to distortion. if camera is lower, jaw is closer to lens than brow, making it larger and therefore look more forward. I used to think I was forward grown taking side profile pics - until I held my phone flat against the wall to take the pic, and keep my head in the centre of the frame

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6723
But camera angle contributes to distortion. if camera is lower, jaw is closer to lens than brow, making it larger and therefore look more forward. I used to think I was forward grown taking side profile pics - until I held my phone flat against the wall to take the pic, and keep my head in the centre of the frame
tbh I tried it with the mirror before and saw the closer u look to the mirror the narrow ur face is since the outer part of the face will disappear more and more. I think thats the same for cameras tbh, I dont see any reason why not.

But when u go away theres a point where it stops becoming wider.

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot and optimisticzoomer
tbh I tried it with the mirror before and saw the closer u look to the mirror the narrow ur face is since the outer part of the face will disappear more and more. I think thats the same for cameras tbh, I dont see any reason why not.

But when u go away theres a point where it stops becoming wider.
Mhm, but viewing side profile from below will always make it look more forward, as opposed to from above - even irl

frankfurt plane takes all that camera angle shit away.

It accounts for it u should just be using a real side pic.
Here he appears more forward grown since the camera(or his head) is angled as you can see both his eyebrows. A picture from 90 degrees do make you look more reccessed than one that is slightly angled, no?
0730abaddcd1b7e9b4c3636a66b51e4a
BFA 11536 1409521

• +1
Reactions: oatmeal
Here he appears more forward grown since the camera(or his head) is angled as you can see both his eyebrows. A picture from 90 degrees do make you look more reccessed than one that is slightly angled, no?
View attachment 938672View attachment 938675
thats not a true side pic.
Mhm, but viewing side profile from below will always make it look more forward, as opposed to from above - even irl
the pic should be taken looking at the middle at the side profile pic, if not its not a true side pic

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot and StrangerDanger
thats not a true side pic.

the pic should be taken looking at the middle at the side profile pic, if not its not a true side pic
Ik, I'm talking about why pics from below make u look more forward grown. that's why I said I had my head in the centre of the frame. Also the camera needs to be upright (aka parallel to the face) which is why I held the phone flat against the wall

• +1
Ik, I'm talking about why pics from below make u look more forward grown. that's why I said I had my head in the centre of the frame. Also the camera needs to be upright (aka parallel to the face)
yeah thats why I said frankfurt plane accounts for it it has to be in side view.

Just side, not top view not bottom view not half-side half-front view

• +1
View attachment 938644View attachment 938647

oh so that's why I thought they were always recessed from that angle

thanks you misters optimisticzooma

• Love it
Reactions: optimisticzoomer
yeah thats why I said frankfurt plane accounts for it it has to be in side view.

Just side, not top view not bottom view not half-side half-front view
Yes and I agree, except for the fact that it is hhardtop accurately draw the line under the eye. tbh a more accurate measurement would be from that point of the ear to the pupil

• +1
Yes and I agree, except for the fact that it is hhardtop accurately draw the line under the eye. tbh a more accurate measurement would be from that point of the ear to the pupil
yeah its legit its just that u cant just determine accurately the orbitale with a pic alone

• +1
Even with the head tilt he still looks better than most. My whole face is like a pancake if I do the same pose
You literally posted two completely different head tilts. O prys head is tilted down, and no one walks around like that irl