What is genetic prederminatism?

owlofathena

owlofathena

Sub-Mod
I got interested in this because it by the sound of it it made me think about Michael Jordan sons. Michael Jordan one of the best basketball players of all time but his sons are nowhere near the player he was despite being his offspring. I know Jordan has big hands which btw I think made him the player he was as well as his mentality he was a very competitive person so that helped a lot. But big hands in basketball help you dunk the ball better. Not saying it's everything because Zion Williamson actually has small hands for his height but he still can dunk easily. So what is genetic predatermism. I can't spell it right. My hands are 7.7 inches but my dad hands are 8 inches so not big difference. But Michael Jordan hands are 9.5 inches

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Lmao and Deleted member 19551
Shit post

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: owlofathena and Anubis
@Predeterminism

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: horizontallytall, currylightskin and owlofathena
It’s all a complicated interplay between genetics and envernemnt it’s quite hard to pin down the exact reason why anything turned o it the way it did with exceptions of course. Hormones are genetically predetermined btw (some people on here act like hormones and genetics are 2 different things. Although like everything envernemnt impacts hormones as well)

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729 and owlofathena
@Predeterminism ayo it's your calling

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 17829
Means you can only do what your genetics allow for.

• +1
Reactions: owlofathena
Means you can only do what your genetics allow for.
It has to be mean more than that that's too simple but I agree. Obviously a short guy can't be an NBA basketball player but there is muggsy but he is like 1 in a million or something

@Predeterminism ayo it's your calling
Your entire life was written before you were born

And any attempt to change your course will result in serious consequences

• Hmm...
Your entire life was written before you were born

And any attempt to change your course will result in serious consequences
you literally contradict yourself cause what you do was meant to happen :kys:

I got interested in this because it by the sound of it it made me think about Michael Jordan sons. Michael Jordan one of the best basketball players of all time but his sons are nowhere near the player he was despite being his offspring. I know Jordan has big hands which btw I think made him the player he was as well as his mentality he was a very competitive person so that helped a lot. But big hands in basketball help you dunk the ball better. Not saying it's everything because Zion Williamson actually has small hands for his height but he still can dunk easily. So what is genetic predatermism. I can't spell it right. My hands are 7.7 inches but my dad hands are 8 inches so not big difference. But Michael Jordan hands are 9.5 inches
Pre Determinism simply means the outcome of your life is already set in stone based on your genetics, it also alludes to how disabled/poor people exist and suffer so the more potent members of society can thrive and live luxurious lifestyles. As Nietzsche says the Ubermensch justify the meaning of life since they are the ones shaping society into their image.

If we apply this to Basketball some players are better than others, some absolutely suck, and some are the greatest at their profession. All based on genetics form birth.

• +1