What is my jaw/chin forward grown but my maxilla is recessed?

G

ghostfaceguyinvegas

Silver

It just seems biologically impossible to me.

Ik someone irl who has a flat maxilla and a really sharp froward grown mandible. He has a bad underbite and it affects how he speaks and laughs. Hes getting surgery for pushing his jaw back for medical reasons

Ik someone irl who has a flat maxilla and a really sharp froward grown mandible. He has a bad underbite and it affects how he speaks and laughs. Hes getting surgery for pushing his jaw back for medical reasons

I don’t think I have an underbite, maybe a slight one.

From what I understand, a forward grown maxilla correlates with a forward grown mandible.

My mandible is pretty forward grown meanwhile my maxilla is almost completely flat. I don’t understand how it developed this way.

• +1
Reactions: Zygos4Life
Low cranial base angle, keeping the tongue pushed on the lower jaw long term, braces etc

Low cranial base angle, keeping the tongue pushed on the lower jaw long term, braces etc

I was always more of mouth breather and I never had braces, my dentist never pointed out an over/underbite

So is it a genetic thing then?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685
Then you have an underbite

Then you have an underbite

I don’t though...when I close my teeth I even have a slight overbite

That’s also an interesting thought, maybe instead of dishing out thousands of dollars in surgery on maxilla forward movement, why not just fraud an underbite?

I feel like post people pull the maxilla forward to enhance their lower third which is recessed as well, but you’d fix a lot of your problems with a decent jaw underbite frau