What is required to completely fix downwards growth ?

MaestheticMaso

MaestheticMaso

Kraken
Even if it’s not yet possible

• Hmm...
Reactions: Agendum
send example

Downside of tall height I guess. Maybe there is no escape?

What if you get jaw implants to make the downward growth less noticeable?

Is it not just bimax CCW?

Depends on the type of downgrowth. If your lower maxilla and mandible are downgrown, BiMax CCW would remedy this as downgrowth is usually hand-in-hand with recession (you'd probably need midface implants as recession often correlates with low bone mass). If your upper maxilla/orbits and such are downgrown you'll need midface and orbital implants. A long midface resulted from downgrowth is impossible to fix without hard surgeries such as Lefort 2/3

• +1
Reactions: klimo
It depends, for example one could have a short ramus and mistakenly label it as "downward growth". For that you would need fillers or implants. But if you maxilla is downgrown than i guess mewing or maybe even some variation of thumbpulling where your pushing up at the tip of your maxilla could help. Be careful though if you have a high palate and are downgrown at the same time. If your mandible is downgrowth than a ccw bimax is the only solution.

• +1
Reactions: temporomandibular32
See my threads on downgrowth

• +1
Reactions: klimo
Downward growth is generally irreparable. Long face syndrome is by far the worst craniofacial growth pattern to have. A good surgeon can impact the maxilla and rotate the mandible CCW, however, your ramus is downswung and your jawline will overall be shit. Furthermore, you are compressing soft tissue by reducing facial height. This gives you the chubby cheeks bloated look that usually cannot be fixed. Downward growth also means shit midface development, something that cannot be repaired aesthetically, even with implants it will have some degree of uncanniness.

In this case, SFS-cels have much much more potential. Their is usually not downward grown. This means their mandible has a near ideal gonial angle and great ramus length. Their midface also has acceptable growth, all that is missing is a downgraft and slight CW rotation of the maxilla as well as advancement of the mandible, giving a sharp jawline and stretching out soft tissue, giving a more rugged look to the face. This gives a well forward grown profile, something that is impossible with a downward grown jaw profile.

In other words, long face = over. short face = potential for ascension

• +1
Reactions: ccwarrior
Downward growth is generally irreparable. Long face syndrome is by far the worst craniofacial growth pattern to have. A good surgeon can impact the maxilla and rotate the mandible CCW, however, your ramus is downswung and your jawline will overall be shit. Furthermore, you are compressing soft tissue by reducing facial height. This gives you the chubby cheeks bloated look that usually cannot be fixed. Downward growth also means shit midface development, something that cannot be repaired aesthetically, even with implants it will have some degree of uncanniness.

In this case, SFS-cels have much much more potential. Their is usually not downward grown. This means their mandible has a near ideal gonial angle and great ramus length. Their midface also has acceptable growth, all that is missing is a downgraft and slight CW rotation of the maxilla as well as advancement of the mandible, giving a sharp jawline and stretching out soft tissue, giving a more rugged look to the face. This gives a well forward grown profile, something that is impossible with a downward grown jaw profile.

In other words, long face = over. short face = potential for ascension
I believe with an insane amount of dedication it can be fixed, ccw lefort 1+ paranasal + forehead+ zygo/malar implants after zygo shaving to decrease a bloated look.

@Gengar why is he banned

I feel like instead of trying the reverse the downward growth, one should just try and balance it with increasing facial width? That’s what most normie do I believe.

• +1
Reactions: Softboymaxx