What is the difference between chin and mandible recession?

Y

Yungyphnx

Silver
What is the difference between chin recession and mandible recession and how to discover which exactly you have?
Could anybody show the difference with pictures and some researches please?
Also, if it’s possible to have bad mandible and good chin or wise-verse?

• +1
Reactions: Yungyphnx
What is the difference between chin recession and mandible recession and how to discover which exactly you have?
Could anybody show the difference with pictures and some researches please?
Also, if it’s possible to have bad mandible and good chin or wise-verse?
Chin is genetic. THe chin is made up of bone mass.

The mandible shows density of chewing within the last few hundred years of genetic disposition. If your ancestors chewed hard, it will show in your genes.

If they didnt chew, your jaw will be weak.

A weak jaw is broken easily, leading to death.

Chin is genetic. THe chin is made up of bone mass.

The mandible shows density of chewing within the last few hundred years of genetic disposition. If your ancestors chewed hard, it will show in your genes.

If they didnt chew, your jaw will be weak.

A weak jaw is broken easily, leading to death.
Hi, thank you for the reply. So if there any researches about the chin as a genetic result? I don’t het it when ppl saying it can be changed with mewing and then anyway all the ppl I see looks exactly like their parents (about chin and jaw), if the recessed chin can be fixed with mewing or it’s just shitty cope?

an easy way to tell is check their mentolabial fold. if its deep, its the jaw. if its not then its the chin

an easy way to tell is check their mentolabial fold. if its deep, its the jaw. if its not then its the chin
Okay, thank you, I think my aren’t deep, also sounds very interesting, how nosolobial folds linked to jaw? Isn’t it’s just caused by smile, something like wrinkle?

Okay, thank you, I think my aren’t deep, also sounds very interesting, how nosolobial folds linked to jaw? Isn’t it’s just caused by smile, something like wrinkle?
nasolabial folds could mean youre recessed also but not necessarily

So how you exactly can tell it if you have an xray pic? I mean if there any certain method?
coceancig line for general orientation